“Undependable tour operator who never showed up”
Review of Moby Dick Tours

Moby Dick Tours
Ranked #48 of 201 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Stingray City boat tours in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. I’m Mark Button, and I would like to warmly welcome you aboard Moby Dick Tours. I’m an English guy who fell in love with the Cayman Islands fifteen years ago, and I’ve lived here ever since, having recently gained my joint citizenship. I started Moby Dick Tours so that I could share with you some of the amazing experiences here in Cayman, especially the famous Stingray City, one of the most amazing places in the world.I saw the opportunity to bring professionalism and the highest standards of customer care to the tour industry here in Cayman, and together with my partner Richard, we have brought together the best people and the best equipment, to ensure your excursion with us will live on in your mind as one of the most special experiences you have ever had. I’ve made literally thousands of trips to Stingray City over the past ten years, but I never cease to be amazed and humbled by these beautiful creatures who choose to come and interact with us. And I’m sure you’ll feel the same, too. It gives me enormous pleasure to share the experience afresh, as I bring new people to this wonderful and unique place.As most of our clients come from visiting cruise ships, we know exactly what you need. So let us worry about getting you from the dock in own custom built bus, and back again safely in time for your sailing. That leaves you free to worry about nothing except having a fantastic time!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family signed up for the Stingray City and Snorkeling tour. It was a windy day so the government closed the sandbar. However, no one from Miby Dick Tours showed up that day to let us know that leaving my family and other groups standing there waiting for information. We only learned of this from other tour operators who had the courtesy to show up and inform people who had the faith in them to sign up. No communications whatsoever from them by email or texts either. Terrible tour operator who cannot be trusted. Now I have to check with my credit card company to make sure they did not charge my credit card. I have used Captain Bryan’s and Captain Marvin’s who I would readily use again, but unfortunately, their tours were booked. Now I know why Moby Dick had availability.

1  Thank dumb_rabbit
Hedgewick, Owner at Moby Dick Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Sorry Completely wrong...I deeply resent this review and I think the reviewers name really sums them up. When ever the sandbar is closed I ALWAYS go to the dock and meet the customers. I do this diligently to offer advise on alternatives to spend there day in Cayman. Last week we had two huge day's that were cancelled due to bad weather I live only 5mins from the dock and I ALWAYS go to the dock and tick peoples names off my list as I meet them. I normally arrive 45 mins before the start of the tour, I think you must of got straight off the ship at the break of dawn to show up at my station. One day last week I met over 80 people and provided alternate plans for there day in Cayman. I spent the rest of the day doing their refunds. People have the option to pay in advance by credit card or to pay cash on the day. I don't understand why you would think your credit card would be charged when you didn't go on a tour with us. It is very disturbing for me when tours are canceled as it's a huge financial loss. I understand also that people have been looking forward to this experience for a long time and this can be very disappointing. For this reason I ALWAYS show up and meet people. That's why your review is TOTALLY wrong Ms Dumb rabbit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"snorkeling gear"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After a couple of days of windy weather and back and for the with Mark at Mobys we finally got to see Stingrays and we’re not disappointed. We were watching other tour companies jammed to the limit with tourists, and. We had only about 20 on Mobys with a team of 3 supplying everything we needed. Instructions, great commentary and humour made for a joyful event.
We started with 45 min snorkel as stingrays were jammed with tourists, so a good call by Mobys. They were gracious boaters amongst a flurry of boats in the area, always respectful and mindful.
Snorkel was great saw all kinds of fish and corals. Not as many as we liked, but was a solid start. Now off to stingrays. Who would think in the middle of the sea, a 4 ft shallow sand bar with TONS of stingrays swimming about. All take from years of feeding, they easily let the guides get ahold of them and allow us EACH to hold for pictures. It was personal care from Team Moby to ensure everyone that came to see, touch and yes even kiss a stingray had the chance.

A great event and the highlight of our trip to the caymans. Highly recommended. I’m sure there are lots of great tour operators out there, and we were very pleased with Mark, Nicholas and team. Well done and thanks for the memories :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Man do I love this company! We have used them a handful of times on our visits to Grand Cayman. They have fantastic customer service. I love that they are reasonably priced and are super personable. They are amazing, honestly. It sure beats the HUGE crowds that get booked on the cruise excursions.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had so much fun on this trip, we did it twice!
The Crew is great, Richard, Nicholas & Mark. They were great! They caught us Stingray to hold and touch.
The Stringray City was so cool. A sandbar, where they stingray come and rub on your legs. The crew picks them up so you can touch them or hold them. I got a back rub from one of them! The big mammas had babies rolled up in them, they taught us all about them. I saw a live Conch shell on the sand bar too.
Snorkeling was great, they have all the equipment on the boat, including life jackets if you dont have your own. There is a bathroom on the boat and they have water and lemonade you can pour into cups.
The boat ride back and forth was relaxing and enjoyable.
I cant say enough about this! GO GO GO