3,329 results
All reviews bar jack the ritz the club lounge beach side resort view blue restaurant grand cayman la prairie spa sushi restaurant ocean front tasting menu cold towels steam room resort fee four seasons front row rum punch
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I typically prefer sightseeing to a resort vacation so splurging on a fancy hotel where all you do is stay at the hotel for several days is quite rare for me. This hotel opened my eyes to why people enjoy these resorts so much. The location right on the beach was gorgeous. The restaurants, while pricy, were quite good. And the pool, gym and other amenities were really nice. Our booking also included free access to the water equipment, e.g. kayaks, as well as a free sailing lesson on a catamaran. But the real reason we absolutely loved this trip and now are considering doing another similar vacation was the outstanding staff. This hotel has employees from all over the world. Each employee's name badge has a flag indicating where they are from. When we checked in, they gave my 4 year old a "passport" and for the next several days he had a blast introducing himself to people, asking where they were from and getting them to sign his passport. From the concierge to the pool staff to the housekeeping staff, everyone was unfailingly gracious, kind and chatty to my son. He is fairly shy with new people and seeing him build confidence during this trip was incredible. He carried some of that confidence home with him and has been introducing himself to people and asking where they are from here at home too! The staff was not only nice, but they were also so outgoing, interesting to speak with and amazingly able to remember names, details about us, etc from day to day. They made this an incredible trip. We had a great time talking with people, both guests and staff, at every venue. Literally the only thing I would change about this hotel is the rocky path to the kids club - while they look beautiful, the path is not stroller friendly. (Kids club is not for babies but people with babies may be coming to drop off their older kid for an activity...)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank butterfly00
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Our time at the Ritz has been perfect. The staff is accommodating, gracious and works hard to make guests happy. Our room is on the 7th floor overlooking the pool and sea. The room has great amenities, but on the smaller side for the three of us. The pull out couch is uncomfortable as is our bed. The bathroom is large with two sinks but the shower is quite small. The lighting in the bathroom could be better. The hotel is massive and be prepared to do a lot of walking to get to restaurants, lobby, and pool. The concierge and guest relations (Ailene is amazing) has been superb. Morning coffee is free (and good) from 6-9am, although Nespresso is offered in your room. I love that the pool attendants set up your chairs, towels and umbrellas and keep an eye on unattended chairs so there is no need to run down early in the morning to reserve an area. There is always space. The servers at the pool are on top of their game and food/drinks are delivered timely. Rafts are available for the pool and sea at no extra cost. Also, kayaks, sail boats, paddle boards and snorkeling equipment is available at no extra cost for the guests.
The fitness center is phenomenal with free classes which are excellent. The place gets crowded about 9am but still plenty of equipment to go around. Lots of towel, water and ear buds. The spa is excellent but quite expensive. The amenities are available at no cost to hotel guests.
The Cupboard cafe has an assortment of goodies to snack on or eat. At 5pm the food is 1/2 price. Taxis are available but extremely expensive. There is a Hertz on location and makes sense for guest to rent when trying to go a long way, like to Rum Point to rent. Remember they drive on the other side of the road from the USA.
I highly recommend the Ritz. One complaint is the noise from the room next door which I complained about 7 times during my stay and it did not seem to make a difference.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Worst vacation ever. To see so many over-privileged spoiled children under the age of 5 taking over a resort was overwhelming...Why doesn't the Ritz have an Adult pool? My husband and I were celebrating our 25th and this was certainly not the spot...Having gone to many Caribbean islands the same time of year I was taken aback ..Will never come here again..Staff was good; Bleu was excellent. Could have gone to Disney for 1/2 of the price...The Ritz needs to update their rooms or lower their prices.

Room Tip: the OCEAN Tower but bring a ton of money
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank summer0807
Hermes_Cuello, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear summer0807,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at our resort. We are deeply saddened to learn that you and your husband did not get the memorable experience you expected and deserved to celebrate your 25th anniversary.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and it will certainly help us improve our guest experience in the future. If you would like to discuss your recent visit personally, in more detail, you may reach me directly at 345-815-6001.

I look forward to the opportunity to speaking with you soon.

Hermes Cuello
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We arrived at the RC Grand Cayman for the Cayman Cookout. We came down three days early. We booked an oceanfront room (for my birthday) with club access (very expensive). We purchased a package from the hotel for the cookout because we were unable to get theJP Morgan package (too slow on the keyboard).

The club did a buyout to JPMorgan for the cookout, so we were kicked out of the club before 12 PM on1/8, I think that we should not have been denied access until the end of the day per usual. The upside to this was I did not think the club was worth the price. I did not find that the staff was up to the standards of many of the Ritz Carlton Clubs. It was not as polished/professional, nor was the food impressive during our limited stay in the club. The service was only okay.

Tha being said...the food on property was excellent. We were happy to be enjoying the restaurants. Breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed eating off campus as well.

The events that were part of the cookout were outstanding. What an amazing experience.

The rooms are nice. They are basically all the same. The view is the crucial difference. We did move to make sure that we had an unobstructed ocean view. Some rooms are set back a bit and, thus, not as bright. Be very clear when you choose your room.

I thought the service throughout the hotel was exceptional, except in the Club.

I thought that Alan O'Connell and Lavinia Pomian were incredible Ritz representatives. They embody the excellence of the Ritz Carlton service experience.

Room Tip: high floor direct ocenview
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbboston
Hermes_Cuello, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear barbboston,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful time during your recent stay at our resort and that you enjoyed our restaurants and the Cayman Cookout events.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another amazing vacation!

Hermes Cuello
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Visited this lovely property with my wife, who won an award trip to the location. Everything was lovely. We took advantage of the water ever day and enjoyed the kayaks, the paddle boards and the many floats that were easily accessible. The food and drinks were amazing and the rooms were luxury at it's best.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple