I cannot begin to explain how amazing the Golden Rock experience is! From Sarah Anne, who greeted us, gave us a tour and checked us in, to Pam, the GM, to the wonderful ladies who cleaned our rooms (and left fruit and chocolate goodies!), to the amazing men who work tirelessly on the IMMACULATE landscaping; this place is heavenly! Every step on the grounds is a joy; amazing plants and flowers, monkeys goofing off; a donkey braying nearby, and lovely songbirds who join you for breakfast. The spring fed pool was such a treat (no chlorine!) and the hiking trails are terrific! Now let's talk food... sorry, my mouth is salivating, thank goodness I can type! The food is AMAZING! Breakfast was such a wonderful way to start each day, with fresh squeezed OJ and fresh fruit provided beforehand; and do try the Bellini's! Dinners were 5 star as well! The service is incredible, they will arrange any type of trip you'd like & they have snorkeling gear available free for your use! We asked for a guide to hike Mt. Nevis and they called Iggy Ottley, a young man with a whole lot of local information, from flora and fauna to wildlife!
The "rooms" are actually cottages; ours was on the edge of the compound (we shared a "double" cottage with friends) and it was truly like a home away from home. We LOVED being nestled in the rainforest under Mt. Nevis, it was truly a dream come true!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gentle trade winds and dramatic Caribbean vistas set the stage for a visit to Golden Rock Inn. A former sugar estate dating back to the early 1800's, the property has been thoughtfully restored through the eyes of New York artists Helen and Brice Marden. Set on 100 acres stretching up the slopes of Nevis Peak, this boutique property has eleven guest rooms and private cottages, including the unique Sugar Mill Suite. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens designed by the owners with Miami landscape architect Raymond Jungles, the inn is an escape embraced with birds' songs and the rustling of bamboo. Guest rooms have either king or twin beds, which can be joined together to create a king. The unique Sugar Mill Suite has an oversized king bed upstairs, with full bath, and 2 twins downstairs with full bath. This accomodation is suitable for 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, AAE Travel Pte Ltd and Booking.com so you can book your Golden Rock Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Rock Plantation Hotel Charlestown
- Golden Rock Inn Nevis/Charlestown