We were lucky enough to stay at Golden Rock for just over a week, and it was wonderful. The gardens are stunningly beautiful, food delicious (we only ate out at lunch time, the dinners were too good to miss!), gorgeous pool area, and room was extremely comfortable. All the staff were charming and efficient but I must say a particular thank you to the lovely Genevieve and Roger, the managers, who really fell over themselves to make us welcome, nothing was too much trouble. We miss them, and Golden Rock.
A car is pretty much essential here to get to the beaches and restaurants. The beaches themselves are idyllic and the island unspoilt, safe and friendly. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gentle trade winds and dramatic Caribbean vistas set the stage for a visit to Golden Rock Inn. A former sugar estate dating back to the early 1800's, the property has been thoughtfully restored through the eyes of New York artists Helen and Brice Marden. Set on 100 acres stretching up the slopes of Nevis Peak, this boutique property has eleven guest rooms and private cottages, including the unique Sugar Mill Suite. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens designed by the owners with Miami landscape architect Raymond Jungles, the inn is an escape embraced with birds' songs and the rustling of bamboo. Guest rooms have either king or twin beds, which can be joined together to create a king. The unique Sugar Mill Suite has an oversized king bed upstairs, with full bath, and 2 twins downstairs with full bath. This accomodation is suitable for 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Golden Rock Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Rock Plantation Hotel Charlestown
- Golden Rock Inn Nevis/Charlestown