The Hermitage Plantation Inn is superbly situated amongst palm trees and captures the sun from morning to sunset and is wafted by light breezes. The Gingerbread House accommodation is delightful with netted four-poster beds, private sea-view terrace with hammock and loungers, galley kitchen, drawing-room and well-equipped bathroom. We enjoyed a swim in the pool each day at 7.15am before breakfast at eight, which started with a buffet of juice, cereal, pineapple, water-melon and yoghurt followed by eggs, sunny, over, scrambled or omelette. Seemingly unlimited fresh coffee and tea by the pot. Room service is efficient with a smile and lunch and tea were sometimes enjoyed on our own verandah as a change from the main house. Dinner commences about seven after chatting with the other visitors in the bar, drawing-room or library. Guests were lively, mainly USofA, Canadians and Brits. Many people come to dine here from other locations on the island. Supper is served on the garden-view terrace with white linen and old English cutlery. The menu changes each night. Steaks are very good, lamb very tender, fish excellent. Wednesday night is BBQ night, so roast pork, chicken, rice, potatoes and copious amounts of fresh fruit. The wine list is pleasing. Good white burgundy chardonnay from Louis Latour, excellent Pinot Grigio and the Cotes du Rhone travels well. Up hill I guess the sunsets are viewed more easily; but we enjoyed overlooking the pasture with the horses, hens, monkeys and birdlife. A long lens is needed to photograph monkeys and humming-birds as they keep their distance. There are tennis courts and a swimming pool. Excellent for couples with their first baby. There were three such couples during our visit and they were delightful and quiet! Pool good for children as it is not too deep and an alternative to the sea-beaches which are great fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hermitage is a small plantation inn with an excellent reputation for its charm and warm, West Indian hospitality. The guest rooms are like gingerbread cottages and are styled after the old Planter’s house with a tradition of elegant West Indian style, antiques, mahogany four poster canopy beds, and private verandahs, with swaying hammocks, in an orchard like setting of mango trees and tropical plants. The Hermitage offers tranquility and serenity in its peaceful environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your The Hermitage Plantation Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hermitage Plantation Hotel Nevis
- The Hermitage Plantation Inn Nevis/Charlestown