Reservations: called a week in advance, was told that I had a confirmed reservation. Got there on the day, and reception had no clue about who I was, much less a confirmed reservation. The ladies at the reception desk apologized profusely and upgraded me to a suite.
Room: beds were comfortable. The room itself was stuffy, and didn't feel better until I opened the balcony doors to let some fresh air in.
Bathroom: nicely done and very clean.
Meals: chose to go out for dinner, but breakfast was included in the package. Breakfast was actually quite good....a decent variety of local and continental foods. However, the staff really needed some help in being pleasant. Wow! They were actually quite serious all the time. To get their attention, you actually had to raise your hand and wave at them....and then they came over looking like you were bothering them. And they weren't that busy.....so I'd hate to see their behavior if they were swamped. Most unpleasant.
The hotel itself needs some upgrades. Furniture by the pool was falling apart, and they hadn't moved the pieces that had already fallen apart, giving the area a shabby look.
I'd think twice before going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On every island in the Caribbean there is a place where everyone goes, not to visit and leave, but to experience and return. In Trinidad, the financial seat of the Caribbean, it is The Carlton Savannah. Nestled in the foothills of the St Ann's valley, tucked in by lush bamboo and flora, is a boutique hotel especially fashioned for business travelers and locals who revel in affordable luxury - crackling with energy, sensuality and a sun dappled emotion of rest that stays with you long after your visit is over. The Carlton Savannah, located minutes away from the financial hub of Port of Spain, botanic gardens and Queen's Hall, and minutes away from a spectacular drive through mountainous rain forests to white beaches, is poised at the cusp of a tropical dream. Personalized corporate support for business travelers is our priority in the privacy of jewel shaded rooms, complete with complementary wireless service, flat screen televisions and living rooms doubling as fully equipped office meeting spaces. As a hotel committed to minutely personalized service, our concierge ensures home comforts and office requirements in a safe and luxurious environment. Rest assured... at The Carlton Savannah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Carlton Savannah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carlton Savannah Hotel Port Of Spain
- Carlton Savannah Port Of Spain
- The Carlton Savannah Trinidad/Port Of Spain