I've stayed here twice and decided a third time was not for me, since the "down-sides' outweigh the "ups." The hotel is clean, convenient and the rooms are spacious. Downsides - entering the elevator you are met with a moldy smell, this continues as the halls give a damp feeling. With this dampness the rooms are also, damp and you leave with luggage that smell moldy and somewhat moist. The electrical is shoddy as some outlets in the room were not operable. The a/c was not cooling so they sent repair who came to the room and opened something, which appeared to have been turned off for electrical reasons. The restaurant food was decent, but not sure why I didn't feel comfortable eating there. Overall, I believe with much needed repairs and upgrades, this hotel has potential for much greatness in the industry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On every island in the Caribbean there is a place where everyone goes, not to visit and leave, but to experience and return. In Trinidad, the financial seat of the Caribbean, it is The Carlton Savannah. Nestled in the foothills of the St Ann's valley, tucked in by lush bamboo and flora, is a boutique hotel especially fashioned for business travelers and locals who revel in affordable luxury - crackling with energy, sensuality and a sun dappled emotion of rest that stays with you long after your visit is over. The Carlton Savannah, located minutes away from the financial hub of Port of Spain, botanic gardens and Queen's Hall, and minutes away from a spectacular drive through mountainous rain forests to white beaches, is poised at the cusp of a tropical dream. Personalized corporate support for business travelers is our priority in the privacy of jewel shaded rooms, complete with complementary wireless service, flat screen televisions and living rooms doubling as fully equipped office meeting spaces. As a hotel committed to minutely personalized service, our concierge ensures home comforts and office requirements in a safe and luxurious environment. Rest assured... at The Carlton Savannah. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Carlton Savannah Hotel Port Of Spain
- Carlton Savannah Port Of Spain
- The Carlton Savannah Trinidad/Port Of Spain