All reviewsfried fishlarge fridgeinternet serviceboutique hotelloftvidalia
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Trinidad to find the hotel we actually booked in had lost our booking but they were going to pay for us to stay in another hotel. We had been travelling for 3 days almost solidly at this point and were exhausted.
When we arrived at reception there was noone behind the desk, we could see someone in the office but we were waiting a good 15 mins for them to come out and attend to us.
Once we arrived in the room I found the windows covered with pretty bad blinds, and people could see into the room if they tried. There was a door leading to outside, which could be unlocked from the outside as well. You could not lock the bedroom door properly and there appeared to be damage where it had been forced open before.
The walls were dirty, with bugs splattered and then left, and what looked like drinks stains down them. The bathroom had mould on the tiles.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank vixfalk92
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

I was part of a group which had many rooms booked and was sharing a 3 bed split level room in the original hotel block with my kids. The bathroom and tub had mildew and the mattresses and sheets were literally the thinnest that I've ever experienced in a hotel. Breakfast buffet was fine and the restaurent area was very pleasant although the staff was not overly friendly - far different from the front desk staff who were good. I noticed though that there was no help with bags on checking in- I delivered one elderly guest very late at night and he was simply given vague directions to a room in another block but no assistance was offered to him. I was not pleased. However on day 3 We were moved to a new block and the improvement was . These rooms were standard size and configuration, clean, well appointed. and furnished as one expects from a mid-level hotel. It also looked into a pretty courtyard. Normandie is well close to cultural sites and convenient for families and business travelers alike, with a top restaurent next door (Chaud). There is little else available in that St Anns area though so guests need their own transportation or willing friends.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank KiminGranCouva
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Stayed for the weekend. The staff was polite, but I thought the room was ridiculously outdated. It seemed to me that the only thing which was updated was the lock on the door to allow the use of a card key.

I thought that there was so much potential with this hotel, but simply very little attention paid to creating a great atmosphere. (an elevator) Larger beds, a small refrigerator in the room, upgraded television, better water pressure. Small things which would make a big difference

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area if you need quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Flyer556026
Reservations N, Manager at The Normandie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Dear Lisa-Marie G,

We are grateful for your feedback and regret that the room selected was not to your expectations. The Hotel Normandie has several room types and we are quite certain that we do have one to match your likes and needs. Only six weeks ago, we completed a new wing of rooms that is geared towards the group traveler, so we would encourage and hope that you might visit with us again.

Thank you.

Ray Chin Lee

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Whenever I get a weekend or time off from work like to do something with my sons and after a wonderful time for my birthday the year before, I decided to bring my children. A quite hideaway is what I call the Normandie. No distractions from the busy street, a quite time at the pool, comfortable and clean rooms and environment, reasonably priced dinner and wide and tasty variety for breakfast topped with friendly and courteous staff. Additionally, it's only a few minutes away from the zoo, botanical gardens, down town Port of Spain and a variety of other places to visit which also includes movie town. My children ranges from 21 years young to 11 years young and they were not bored and had a fantastic time.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank Meldrews1
Reservations N, General Manager at The Normandie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Dear Honored Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. At the Normandie we enjoy having families visit us because they bring so much energy and cheer, and it means a lot to the staff that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We continue to add to our offering to make your next visit more memorable, like our recently renovated rooms which have living rooms and boutique style bathrooms, to create relaxed and tranquil environments. We hope to hear from you soon.

Ray Chin Lee

Reviewed 27 July 2016

The Normandie is a perfect hotel for groups, family and business travellers. It offers standard amenities and what you can consider necessities. It is currently being renovated and thus working on improving the check in process and room decor. The staff are exceptional and the Saaman rooms are my favorite. The breakfast at Carnival time is superior. Lunch there on a regular day is well worth it. Always give it a second look, its is near Queen's Park Savannah, you can hang out at the pool anytime, the rooms though beds are small is quite affordable.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business