“Relaxing birthday celebration”
Review of Kapok Hotel

Kapok Hotel
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My 2 sisters and I took our mother for the weekend to celebrate her birthday and we had an amazing and very relaxing weekend. The staff members were friendly and very accommodating. The guy at the front desk facilitated us when we didn't have a wine opener nor dining materials in the room and he requested both from Kava and even had the bottle opened for us.

Must say a special thank you to Darryl at the Tiki restaurant for the excellent service during breakfast on both days. He went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable. The breakfast spread was not very extensive but was great nonetheless. One day however the label said strawberry jam which I had and found out that it was orange marmalade. The inclusive breakfast was great overall and was also the reason why we choose Kapok over another option.

The room was clean, well put together and spacious enough for the four of us although 2 king size beds may have been better than queen size. On the first night we called around 9pm to ask about hot water and was told that the tanks were being refilled, this could have been done later on.

The thank you note was also a very nice touch! I enjoyed my first stay @ Kapok.

Room Tip: Room at the end of the corridor is private,quiet and also very close to the emergency exit
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberly I

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Was here for about 4 or so days and it was worth it's while. Was a bit apprehensive at first because it seemed like a small hotel but the crew were accommodating, organized and helpful. Room was clean and restaurant good. Great service available at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Omar A
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I stayed in the hotel for one night and the accommodations were nice, front desk was extremely helpful. The restaurant located on the main floor served excellent brick oven pizza and the service was amazing. The hotel was located near the heart of all of the action.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Toni J
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I booked a room for myself and my colleague, and 3 additional rooms for international guests attending a conference we hosted in Trinidad. I was looking forward to developing a relationship with the Kapok Hotel for our larger conference taking place next year, but I am reconsidering that now.

I have stayed at the Kapok before and had good experiences, but I was unprepared for the poor service at front desk. At check-in, a customer service representative named Amanda had a terrible attitude, which included appearing bothered that we asked for clarification on the room price given that we made multiple bookings, and annoyance to check us in. Amanda's unprofessional behavior continued the next evening when we called reception to request 4 clean towels because our room hadn't been cleaned for the day and we needed 1-2 extra for the floor. To my surprise, she questioned why we needed so many towels. Rather than issuing an apology after I explained that the room hadn't been cleaned and all the towels were wet, she asked how many people were in the room (there were only 2 of us as per the booking). I was taken aback by her attitude and insinuation that we were not following Hotel policy.

My colleague also broke her tooth on a stone in corned beef at the complimentary breakfast. This was also incredibly disappointing and not at all in line with the standards of food preparation hotels should have.

While making the room reservations for the conference participants, we had very helpful assistance from Sie Moy, Brenda, and Roxanne. But it is unfortunate that Amanda didn't display the same level of customer service and soured the experience. We will be considering taking our business elsewhere, and I will have to also reconsider recommending that any friends, family, or professional colleagues stay at the Kapok Hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Convenient for a weekend getaway. Staff at the front desk was not helpful at all poor customer service. Room service was on time thank goodness. The most friendly staff I've encountered there was the waiter Miguel!! The bed side light wasn't working called front desk no one came....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1.2 km away
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#4 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Kapok Hotel? Share your experiences!