The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
US$139
US$111
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$115
US$104
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
US$109
US$98
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
US$95
US$239
US$214
Travelocity
US$70
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Shalom Guesthouse(Port of Spain)(Great Value!)
US$67
Abriannas Inn(Port of Spain)
US$126
Travelocity
All reviewstiki villagethe ground floorbotanical gardensflat screen tvreception deskwalking distancecoffee makercarnival seasonqueens parkclose proximitypool area isexcellent stayenjoyed my stayhome away from homekavatikkisavannah
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Was here for about 4 or so days and it was worth it's while. Was a bit apprehensive at first because it seemed like a small hotel but the crew were accommodating, organized and helpful. Room was clean and restaurant good. Great service available at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Omar A
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I stayed in the hotel for one night and the accommodations were nice, front desk was extremely helpful. The restaurant located on the main floor served excellent brick oven pizza and the service was amazing. The hotel was located near the heart of all of the action.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Toni J
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I booked a room for myself and my colleague, and 3 additional rooms for international guests attending a conference we hosted in Trinidad. I was looking forward to developing a relationship with the Kapok Hotel for our larger conference taking place next year, but I am reconsidering that now.

I have stayed at the Kapok before and had good experiences, but I was unprepared for the poor service at front desk. At check-in, a customer service representative named Amanda had a terrible attitude, which included appearing bothered that we asked for clarification on the room price given that we made multiple bookings, and annoyance to check us in. Amanda's unprofessional behavior continued the next evening when we called reception to request 4 clean towels because our room hadn't been cleaned for the day and we needed 1-2 extra for the floor. To my surprise, she questioned why we needed so many towels. Rather than issuing an apology after I explained that the room hadn't been cleaned and all the towels were wet, she asked how many people were in the room (there were only 2 of us as per the booking). I was taken aback by her attitude and insinuation that we were not following Hotel policy.

My colleague also broke her tooth on a stone in corned beef at the complimentary breakfast. This was also incredibly disappointing and not at all in line with the standards of food preparation hotels should have.

While making the room reservations for the conference participants, we had very helpful assistance from Sie Moy, Brenda, and Roxanne. But it is unfortunate that Amanda didn't display the same level of customer service and soured the experience. We will be considering taking our business elsewhere, and I will have to also reconsider recommending that any friends, family, or professional colleagues stay at the Kapok Hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Convenient for a weekend getaway. Staff at the front desk was not helpful at all poor customer service. Room service was on time thank goodness. The most friendly staff I've encountered there was the waiter Miguel!! The bed side light wasn't working called front desk no one came....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Aurora B
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Waited almost 30 minutes to get a re-assigned room upon check in - "Why do you want to move" - reasonable question. "Because I can hear the TV at full volume in my room from the room next door". "Oh" "Wait there until I am finished checking in these guests". After waiting. I called down again. "Still busy" After going down, waiting and finally getting a room I was placed close to the elevator and near to the ice dispenser - both of which I had requested not to be beside....

Pool out of service - caution tape around the area - dark brown/green water.

Pizza cooked in wood oven delivered to the room 1 hour and 15 minutes after placing the order. "Is it still hot" I asked. "Yes sir it was waiting under the heat lamp. We have been busy". Rivals the poorest Hawaiian pizza I have eaten.

The two other restaurants in the hotel were closed.

After a long run of over 10 years staying at this hotel, this was the end for me.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Kapok1618, Director of Sales at Kapok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Chris W – I’m very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at Kapok Hotel. Our goal is to always provide a great experience to our guests,and I apologize that you experienced anything less. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in greater detail about your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at your convenience at bcozier@kapokhotel.com.