Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$131
US$125
US$266
US$224
Courtyard
Radisson Hotel Trinidad(Port of Spain)
US$159
US$143
Hotels.com
Hyatt Regency Trinidad(Port of Spain)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$179
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

The Inn at 87(Port of Spain)
US$90
Forty Winks Inn(Port of Spain)
US$118
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$109
US$88
Hotels.com
Thanna's Place(Port of Spain)
US$112
US$88
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
US$105
2,002 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepool terracelobby barenjoyed my stayqueens parkupsidetrinidadspainportbusinesssavannahnataliegympoolsidecarnivalposzoo
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stayed here the week of June 14th for a business trip and we were hosting a conference at the hotel. To sum it up, a number of people in our conference got food poisoning and were literally puking themselves. We traced it back to a sauce that had come with a dish served at one of the breaks. When I told the GM what was going on he said to the effect: "food poisoning would not cause vomiting like that, it must be something else." And when he came down to the room where some of our ill colleagues, he added the convenient excuse that their illness might be from "heat exhaustion." Mind you these were local Trinidadians, the weather was not that hot and all who got sick got sick around the same time on the same day and presented the same symptoms.
To add insult to injury , the electricity went out for a couple hours, the hotels backup generators failed and our conference room went from cool enough to unbearably hot. The hotel maintenance employees staff dealt with it as best they could, trying to get fans into the room,

Regarding rooms, room design was adequate, recently updated but the cleanliness left a lot to be desired. There were gum stains on the chair in the room and other odds and ends on the floor like the vacuum had gone over the floor but not with nay real attention to detail.
Final word: I checked out a day early, after folks came down with the illness, and went straight away to the Hyatt. My experience was night and day. The Hyatt was clean, luxurious, staff very attentive. I got the sense that the place was very well-run and well-organized. Decidedly not so for the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank bastille123
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Dear Esteemed Guest from Washington DC

Thank you for your feedback. At Hilton, we strive to deliver a superior guest experience and this situation is certainly something we take very seriously at our property. We apologize for less than perfect experience your four guests and you had.
At this early stage we do not have the confirmed cause of this isolated incident , however we are conducting a thorough investigation. We continue to follow the highest standards to ensure the well being, safety & security of our guests, which is always of paramount importance. We will continue to make every effort to ensure that all practises and standards are in line with strict safety and security regulations. In addition, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by our temporary power outage caused due to grid failure at our local provider. Steps were taken to immediately react to the situation and power was restored in a short time the same day. We do hope that we can be given the opportunity to welcome you back. If you would like to discuss this any further, please do contact us at email: ali.khan@hilton.com or my tel: 868 624 3300

Sincerely, ali

----------

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 June 2011

Stayed here prior to our holiday in Barbados,my husband was on business.I cant find any fault with this hotel,our room was wow beautiful.The bed was so comfy.Room Service was brilliant and our maid new my name first day, and asked if I needed anything whenever I saw her.Yes work was going on around the pool area hey we would moan if they wasn't keeping on top off things. Their was some amazing views from this hotel. Trinidad is a beautiful country and the people are really friendly.The staff was amazing (apart from the guy in the gym, who upset me,yes I should have informed the hotel at the time), however I would go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave&Gill
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2011

Dear Dave & Gill
Greetings from Port Of Spain

We thank you for taking the time and extra effort to write a review. Through these reviews ,we continue to improve our quality of services and product.
We are glad that you both enjoyed the amazing views ,our services and had a great sleep in our most comfortable beds specially designed for a restful sleep.
we thank you for acknowledging and recognising our team members. We are concerned at less than positive attitude of one of my associate in the gym,and I assure you thathe has been coached and counselled ,so that he can get a chance to improve his future interaction.
We hope to have the added pleasure of you re-visiting us in not too distant future. Youwill be pleased to know that our gazibo bar nd grill are ot opened and have become the talk of town.
Once again thank you andhave agreat week ahead. Happy Father's Day. ali

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Front desk staff were not properly trained,and made menial errors at check in. Rates were high, service was poor at breakfast and meals generally were very expensive. Dinner was TT$335/buffet (US$56.), with no shrimp, steak, ribs, pork on the menu, just some stiff lamb stew stroganof and fried chicken. Plus u had to pay extra for drinks which were also highly priced.
The Hotel taxi service personnel are unprofessional and try to take advantage of guests by raising their prices after you make arrangements, they are hustlers..
Works were being done at the swimming pool area which was very annoying. You have to pay extra for internet access in this modern age of wifi services, even small Bed & Breakfast motels offer that free to guests.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest ( David 2010)

Greetings and Happy Father's day from Port Of Spain
We are grateful that you visited our shores and our hotel. We are concerend that your stay at our premises was less than perfect. We sincerely thank you for your review ,since through these we consistently improve our services to custom design for each and every guest.
You will be pleased to know that we have completed our pool bar and grill renovation. This is now the talk of town,as visually and practiclly it is the most impressive pool area of this Iconic and Historic Hotel . We continue to train and coach our team members to deliver the services and our front office team members are no exception. We do understand that high speed wireless internet is becoming a constant subject topic. Currently all our Gold and Diamond members enjoy complimentary service. As a matter of fact ,you are right all mid price hotels such as our Hampton Inn do enjoy this gesture. However all full service hotels in our competitive setting still charge a fee. However you may have noticed that unlike our comp.set ,we do offer five different packages to suit the need of our customers based on their data useage and the length of their stay. Therefore we have one hour, eight hours, twenty four hours, three days or five days packages available.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write and giving us the opportunity to improv the areas you were kind enough to highlight.
Sincerely, ali

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I spent five nights at the Hilton in Trinidad, arriving on Christmas. The hotel is meant to be a business hotel, and it lacks amenities that other Hilton island resorts have. The price was low and should have been an indication of quality.

The location is convenient for walking around Port of Spain in the daylight. It is not safe to roam at night.

There is only one restaurant on site, plus the bar. Since it is not considered safe to walk around in the evenings, I felt stranded at the hotel. The waiter I had for one dinner was rude. I never ate dinner there again, opting for eating at the bar instead. The breakfast service was very good, though. The manager was good about chatting with me and other guests.

One of the most disappointing aspects of this stay, however, is that on Boxing Day, December 26th, there was a big party on the tennis courts, which my room overlooked. The music started just after 6pm, even though the party did not start until 10:30pm (and continued until 4am). The music was so loud that the bass was shaking my windows and a lamp fell off my desk onto the floor. The hotel front desk offered me another room in another wing for the night. I slept much better in the new room, however, I was frustrated that the hotel management failed to warn me of this party in advance. The front desk lady said notices went out on December 24th, the day before I checked in.

The parking area seemed secure (I had a car parked there).

The pool area was ok, but nothing special; it is awaiting renovations. The pool closed at 6pm, just as the sun was going down and people were returning from day activities. No evening swims were allowed.

An on site spa also closed early. I called to make an appointment, thinking I could fill an evening with a spa visit, but the spa closed at 5pm. There were plenty of day time slots available, though.

Room Tip: Ask about parties on the hotel property in advance
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo

Dear Esteemed Guest from Wisconsin:
We thank you for taking the ime and effor o write tis review . These reviews have become our source of consistent training and quality improvement planner.
The hotel is a business hotel ,however uniquely positioned at a Historic Governors site (1808-1820) and set on 29 acre of natural landscaped grounds full of flora & fiona and being considered as a resort since has extensive swimming pool, tennis courts,largest fitness gym,and each room with its own private balcony with myriad of views of By of Paria, Mountain and Belmont as well Port Of Spain City views.
We are sorry that boxing day the late night event was not communicated to you in timely fashion. We are pleased to advise tha our pool bar and grill is now completely renovated and already has become the talk of the town. We are pleased to note that you did appreciate our breakfast and services including manager's.customer friendly visits on the table. As other areas, we continue to train and re-train our team members ,our wiater at dinner time is no exception. I am certain you will see marked improvement on your next visit.
Once again thank you.
ali.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We went into Hilton with very high expectations. We hoped to treated to luxury of the highest class, we would not be further from the truth. The hotel was under construction, the reception did not tell us our room faced the construction site and all light was blocked and the view from our room was men in yellow hats. The spa was closed because of national holiday! really! On the website it looked like the hotel had an infinity pool, there is no such thing in the hotel. I tried asking the staff, but none of the staff members seemed to know anything about the hotel. The dinner buffet was mediocre at best.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Esteemed Guests from New York

Greetings from Port Of Spain

We thank youfor taking the time and effort to write this review. We are very concerend that we did not meet your expectations,and your comments have been a matter of our debate how to improve our standing so those expectations are consistently met by a discerning couple such as you.
Our pool bar nd grill are now complete nd have become the talk of town due to its design and functionality.
I am sure on your next visit ,provided we are given this opportunity ,you will find marked improvement both in in our services and product.
Our hotel is a Historic governors site ( 1808-1820) and has just completed its renovation,and ll rooms o enjoy amazing views of the Bay of paria, Mountains, City of Port Of Spain, as well Belmont area from each private balcony ,unfortunately your oom overlooked the pool areaand this could be avoided.
I assure you that if you visit us again, we will ensure ha you get a room with Mountain /Bay view.

We have also hired an award winning chef from USA ,who has won numerous National awards in the Culinary Art. We do ustom design our menus through our culinary team who specialize in Creole, Continental, Caribbean, Indian, Thai cusine. Our team members will ensure that you get to select the menu of your choice,as all our culinay team members are delighted to cook at the request of our customers.
We hope to earn our return visit to exceed your expectations.
sincerely ,ali