Firstly let me highlight the good:
Got a renovated room for which I was grateful
Quick check in
Grilled Tilapia (fish) I had for dinner was great
Tranquil environment away from the hustle and bustle
Firstly, I am a club hotel member and it was my first time using any of the benefit coupons I received after I paid the yearly membership fee of $1200 and I was appalled to know that I had to pay US$189 plus taxes to utilize the coupon for pay for one night and get one free. Now this rate is higher than the local resident rate and also does not include breakfast.
While having dinner on Sat night I bit on a stone in my mash potatoes which was heard by our waitress Elizabeth. She took same in a napkin to the kitchen and asked them to replace my mash potatoes as she was ending her shift. I paid for the dinner nevertheless and didn't seek to complain further as the waitress was so very pleasant and went beyond to ensure we were well while dining.
Lastly, I was appalled to see Hilton charge $2000 to my credit card. This was a separate charge from accommodation. After inquiring and being rudely transferred by their telephone operator and not getting thru to their Accounts personnel who I told would assist me in clarifying same. ( I would not divulge her name). After many phone calls I eventually got through to her and she admitted it was charged in error and asked me to send an email to her highlighting my situation and proof of the charges. This I did promptly after our phone conversation. Also, note that this extra charge, resulted in my credit card being over limit and my cc company charging a fee of US$10.00. I received no follow-up phone call after the email despite the error caused by Hilton Trinidad. My only compensation was the debit of the money back on my cc card without any follow-up phone and this happened a few days later. Hilton I was sorely disappointed since for the few days my card was over-limit I was unable to utilize to do any further personal business.
Too many upsets in one weekend......:(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 418 guestrooms, a State of the Art Fitness Centre, Executive Club lounge and 10 flexible Meeting rooms. The hotel is strategically located just minutes away from the busy downtown shopping centre, but ideally situated away from the congestion of the city. Enjoy dinning in the cool Caribbean ambiance of the Pool Terrace Garden Restaurant or in the modern contemporary décor of LUCE Sushi Bar & Lounge. The hotel is famous for being one of the few upside-down hotels in the world, is built into the mountainside and set on 25 acres of lush, green landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Trinidad And Conference Centre Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hilton Hotel Trinidad
- Port Of Spain Hilton
- Hilton Trinidad Hotel
- Hilton Port Of Spain
- Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre Port Of Spain