“Wonderful Stay!”

Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 31 July 2017

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and had a lovely stay.
The rooms are clean and we couldn't have asked for more. The beds are very comfortable. I do believe that the pillows need to be renewed or whatever. They've lost a bit of their bounce, but I've noticed this in other Hilton hotels recently also.
The breakfasts were superb and the service overall was great. Everyone was so friendly and nice.

Room Tip: If you're traveling between now and November 30, the pool is under renovation. They do offer a s...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I have been staying at the Hilton Trinidad for 10 yrs now and have seen the improvements over the past 2 yrs on service of the personnel. I must say i was extremely disappointed this last trip. To my surprise when I arrived at the hotel on Tuesday the pool is under renovation and construction. The is this construction noise /mess, dust and smell all over. I informed the lady when checking in that i found it strange that they would not mention this construction on the webpage
When I made the reservation and she told me there is a shuttle that brings you at certain times to another pool :( i just wanted to swim some laps before starting my work day. At night I went to the lobby bar and waited 13min to be served. The bar was empty only 2 high chairs occupied the bartender and another lady behind the bar and only 1 lady walking around to take orders for inside and outside. I would have assumed the lady behind the bar would come and ask me what i would take, but she didn't just kept chatting with the bartender. I must say the other lady walking around was really friendly and apologized for her delay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Trinidad-Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear shokyan h

Thank you for your loyalty towards our hotel. I am glad to see that you have seen improvements over the last two years but sorry to see that you encountered lackluster service this time around. I have shared you comments with our team and we are taking the appropriate measures to address these situations and prevent future occurrence. We are in a continuous process for improvements and are excited that we will have a completely new pool and pool deck for our guest to enjoy by November. In the meantime we offer daily shuttle service for our guest that would like to use a pool during their stay. A notification is posted on our website and we apologize for the inconvenience this brings to our guest as there is never a good moment to do this.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at poshi-concierge@hilton.com for any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to your return when the pool is finished to enjoy our new facility.

Best regard,

Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Nice place for a one night get away. Idle location near the capital and other night life activities. The breakfast was great and the room was very comfortable. Service was on point however next time I would like to be able to use the pool.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017

If you have a very large credit in your card, you will probably do not care about hotel credit holds placed in your credit card, but if you are a corporate user using several different hotels per week beware because at Hilton Trinidad they will dry your credit out, specially if you are a HHonors guest as it seems that you deserve less confidence that any Joe Doe.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JESUS JOSE F

Dear JESUS JOSE F,

Thank you for your review pointing out the concern you have with the guaranteed hold on your credit card. Placing holds on credit cards for the cost of the room as well incidentals is a common practice all over the world and not specific to our hotel. The only difference is the amount of days it takes to have the hold released which can take up to 7 working days. This is due to our banking system here in Trinidad and not something the hotel has any controls over. We do understand the impact this may have on your card and do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Expected much more from a Hilton. The attitude of reception staff was poor. The carpet in the room needed cleaning and there were a lot of mosquitoes in the room. This was my second business stay within the past 3 years. I had a similar experience in 2014 - very disappointed that it happened again

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear 7havetime_willtravel,

Thank you for your review and please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of service as well the condition of the carpet. Your concerns are being shared with the team so we can improve on the areas needed.

Thank you once more and we do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you again.

Best regards,

54.1 km away
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
18.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport

Been to Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!