My fiancé and I stayed at the Hilton as a part of his birthday celebration. Having stayed at the Hyatt for his birthday last year, I was keen on comparing the two. The check-in process was very ordinary. I had requested an upgrade online when I made the booking but we were not given one, nor told anything about it. I also requested something special for my fiancé’s birthday, since I was told that they would put a special amenity in the room. However, I was disappointed when we got to the room, and found nothing there.
The hotel itself is very stunning and open, something you would not find at the Hyatt, since the Hilton is located on the hillside and there are trees and flowers everywhere.
The room was quite beautiful, with an Asian theme to it. There was a balcony, which was quite private and allowed you to hear the sound of the birds outside, which would be a treat for nature lovers. (At the Hyatt, you’d have to pay a lot more to get a balcony, so this was definitely a plus!)
We eventually got my fiancé’s birthday gift a few hours after checking in, when there was a knock on the door and we were given a bottle of non-alcoholic champagne and chilled drinking glasses. However, the gift card wished me a happy birthday instead, but I guess it was easy to mix it up even though I had stated it was my fiancé’s birthday.
The buffet breakfast (included as a part of the local rate) was quite expansive, with all sorts of cereals, granola, pastries, breads, eggs, pancakes, sausages, an omelette station, fresh juices and local foods like ‘black pudding’ and ‘buljol’.
The pool was quite nice as well. However, there is some construction going on next to the pool, where the pool bar used to be. You can still order drinks though, as the staff would come up to you while you’re in the pool, and take your drink order. I found the staff at the pool side were exceptionally friendly.
Overall, the Hilton is a wonderful hotel, with an absolutely amazing view of Port of Spain. The hotel is newly renovated and surely worth giving a try. While it may not be an experience like that at the Hyatt, the Hilton has an appeal all its own and is definitely worth staying at!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 418 guestrooms, a State of the Art Fitness Centre, Executive Club lounge and 10 flexible Meeting rooms. The hotel is strategically located just minutes away from the busy downtown shopping centre, but ideally situated away from the congestion of the city. Enjoy dinning in the cool Caribbean ambiance of the Pool Terrace Garden Restaurant or in the modern contemporary décor of LUCE Sushi Bar & Lounge. The hotel is famous for being one of the few upside-down hotels in the world, is built into the mountainside and set on 25 acres of lush, green landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Trinidad And Conference Centre Hotel Port Of Spain
- Hilton Hotel Trinidad
- Port Of Spain Hilton
- Hilton Trinidad Hotel
- Hilton Port Of Spain
- Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre Port Of Spain