US$214
The Chancellor Hotel(Port of Spain)
US$184
US$139
Kapok Hotel(Port of Spain)
US$152
US$127
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Shalom Guesthouse(Port of Spain)(Great Value!)
US$67
Culture Crossroads Inn(Port of Spain)
US$95
US$115
US$92
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

Abriannas Inn(Port of Spain)
US$126
US$70
US$64
2,023 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepool terracelobby barenjoyed my stayqueens parkupsidebusinesstrinidadspainportsavannahnataliegymcarnivalpoolsideposzoo
Reviewed 21 June 2010

It seems like the Hilton Brand forgot about this hotel. First Impressions should be a warning of things to come. The lobby area needs a major remodel as does the shopping area. The grounds surronding the Hotel, especially the walkway to the Qeens Park Savanna, is so badly kept that you're afraid to go anywhere. We were locked out when we explored the Tennis Court area, the card reader on the door has not worked in quite awhile we were told.
The ordor in the coridor outside our room was repulsing, we were told that a pipe burst and that they could fumergate our room again if we desird...WHAT! We asked to move and was told that our wing was the only one with two beds..........
Now try to relax around the pool....OMG! The pool area has been under construction for the past five years and the only time anything happens around the pool is during Carnival time. Forget about asking for recommendations for restaurant/bars, you're told not to go out beause it's not safe.......
The one bright side to all of this was Richard at the front desk, his honesty was quite refreshing and much appreciated. Should you need to visit anywhere call St. Christopher Taxi (868 678 3212) Imtiaz is fantastic and would take you to best places to hang out.
So much for the famous "upside down hotel"

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

Dear Reviewer ;
Greetings from POS (Trinidad)

We thank you for your very candid constructive feed back and appreciate that you took the time to point out areas of improvements. Pool area renovation is earmarked for completion date second week of October. We do appreciate your acknowledeging the services and honesty of our duty Manager Richard. I will personally communicate those sentiments to Richard and Imtiaz. My sincere and humble apologies for less than perfect experience.
We have shared this with t our owners ( A State Enterprise) and they are plannig to address the entire landscaping project,as hotel is surrounded with over 29 acre of land and nature.
We have discussed this in our morning briefing ,so some of our double rooms configuration can be redesigned.We certainly will immediately tennis court area.

We hope and trust ,given an opportunity for your visit,you will see marked improvements in some of these areas. Please come and visit soon when some of these renovated areas are complete. We thank you for visiting our sweet Trinidad.

Reviewed 14 June 2010

I was blown away by the beauty and views from the Hotel. The entrance way to the hotel lobby made me feel like I was somewhere exotic, I somehow felt like I had left the hussle and bussle of the surroundings. It was a escape, the staff at the front desk was very welcoming and check in took no time at all. Once I was checked in I proceeded to my room where I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and welcoming the room made me feel. My view of the pool was awesome and especially breath taking at night. I was comfortable in my accomodations and found myself taking time away from the noisey days of Port-of-Spain to take mid day naps, in the silence and coziness of my room. In short I would not change anything about my time spent at the Hilton in Trinidad for anything.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2010

Dear Distinguished Guest:

Greetings from the hill.
We really feel honored and proud that our team members at front desk let you feel so welcomed! We thank you for describing the setting,the view,the comfort of the room as well surroundings of this Iconic Hilton . We are glad that you liked our newly renovated hotel and you found a true escape from the busy life of an executive in this virtual world. We hope to welcome you again soon for another R&R. Till then your sincerely , ali.

Reviewed 14 June 2010

My fiancé and I stayed at the Hilton as a part of his birthday celebration. Having stayed at the Hyatt for his birthday last year, I was keen on comparing the two. The check-in process was very ordinary. I had requested an upgrade online when I made the booking but we were not given one, nor told anything about it. I also requested something special for my fiancé’s birthday, since I was told that they would put a special amenity in the room. However, I was disappointed when we got to the room, and found nothing there.

The hotel itself is very stunning and open, something you would not find at the Hyatt, since the Hilton is located on the hillside and there are trees and flowers everywhere.

The room was quite beautiful, with an Asian theme to it. There was a balcony, which was quite private and allowed you to hear the sound of the birds outside, which would be a treat for nature lovers. (At the Hyatt, you’d have to pay a lot more to get a balcony, so this was definitely a plus!)

We eventually got my fiancé’s birthday gift a few hours after checking in, when there was a knock on the door and we were given a bottle of non-alcoholic champagne and chilled drinking glasses. However, the gift card wished me a happy birthday instead, but I guess it was easy to mix it up even though I had stated it was my fiancé’s birthday.

The buffet breakfast (included as a part of the local rate) was quite expansive, with all sorts of cereals, granola, pastries, breads, eggs, pancakes, sausages, an omelette station, fresh juices and local foods like ‘black pudding’ and ‘buljol’.

The pool was quite nice as well. However, there is some construction going on next to the pool, where the pool bar used to be. You can still order drinks though, as the staff would come up to you while you’re in the pool, and take your drink order. I found the staff at the pool side were exceptionally friendly.

Overall, the Hilton is a wonderful hotel, with an absolutely amazing view of Port of Spain. The hotel is newly renovated and surely worth giving a try. While it may not be an experience like that at the Hyatt, the Hilton has an appeal all its own and is definitely worth staying at!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AventuraChica

Dear Recent Reviewer:: Greetings from the hill.
We thank you for a very candid and constructive feedback on the hotel,location,setting and overall experience. I apologise that i sent birthday wishes to you rather to your fianace. We are happy to note that you enjoyed the privacy of your balcony ,our pool and services of our pool service team members. We wish you and your fiance enjoy many more such nature and birdwatching visits and experiences.Our pool bar/restaurant are earmarked for completion of our renovation in by Mid September.

Reviewed 13 June 2010

I spent a quick two nights here while visiting a client in Port of Spain.

The hotel is built into the side of a mountain. This is the first hotel I have ever stayed in where the lobby is on the top floor and the rooms are "below". The 11th floor is 11 floors down....you only get a down arrow from the main lobby elevator. Needless to say, it confused me at first :)

The rooms appear to have been refurbished recently which is nice....good size desk, solid internet connection, nice sized bathroom and comfortable bed.

I didn't eat at the hotel...however they do have the local Raffles coffee shop in the lobby which is nice. Room service only operates from 6am to 10pm. Free bottled water and coffee was provided in the room.

The fitness center was only open until 9pm...however teh frotn desk did offer to let me in at midnight since I wanted to do a quick stretch after my flight which was nice.

The hotel is about a 45 minute from from the POS airport and the cab fares are set in advance at $45USD. They are also a quick 5 minute drive into the city of Port of Spain where there is plenty to do and see.

Overall quite comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff_In_Dallas

Dear Valuable Visitor From Dallas:

Greetings from this Iconic Upside Down Hilton; We thank you for your very candid and constructive review. and feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the stay and liked our newly renovated hotel. Cab fares are pre-determined by the taxi drivers cooperative ,and are approved by the relavant ministry. Our room service is 24 hours, and I apologise that some how we may have not communicated that clearly to you. We hope that during your next visit ,you are able to avail this service and enjoy the stunning setting from the private balcony of your room,while enjoying custom designed meal. We lookforward to your next stay. Ali

Reviewed 2 May 2010

On March 19/ 2010 I visited Trinidad to be with family and had a most unfortunate and expernsive experience at the Crowne Plaza. Imagine having to runwater for 15 minutes just get watrm water for a shower and to have to flush a toilet 5-6 times? We left for Grenada (sister hotel as we had been committed) and expressed to them that upon my return I would be at the Hilton. They called me in Grenada but were not even hospitable enough to send a drink at dinner....dessert...something???

Anyway, I returned to The Hilton on the 22/4/2010 and stayed in 1/5/2010. My stay could not have been better. I was not only truly remembered by the staff but can honestly say that everyone cared from the manager, to the front desk, to the wait staff to the chambermaid. Anything that might have been needed was tended to with a smile and promptly. Over the years I have travelled extensively ande have stayed at 4-5 star Hotels. I would not hesitate at a moments notice to return to The Hilton. The eye for detail is impecable.....the food excellent (actually too good as I gained weight and you know how we ladies are).

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdinaVicki
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2010

Dear Ms. Adina Vickie:

Greetings and our humble appreciation from Hilton on the hill.We certainly apprecited you and your spouse extended stay at home away from home. We already miss your daily graceful presence in the restaurant and your time around the hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit to the sweet Trinidad. We also want to thank you for your food critique and i will most certainly let our culinary experts ,that you liked the taste and selection during your fortnight stay.

Once again have a great summer.

ali