“Great stay”

Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Port of Spain
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We were upgraded to a wonderful suite with a fabulous view of Trinidad. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We had a great time!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank triniyankee

Reviewed 20 July 2010

I have been numerous times to the Port of Spain Hilton hotel and I always find it a very friendly hotel from the doorman to reception and to the room staff. The upgrade that has taken place over the past few years has worked well. The new health club is excellent, the pool is first class and I would recomend it to anyone travelling to Trinidad.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank jamccash
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2010

Dear Our loyal guest from UK,

We thank you for your recent visit, and feedback through this review. Since you have been frequenting this hotel for past many years, we are elated to hear that you liked the upgrades, new fitness center and executive lounge. We also thank you for recognising our friendly team members and recommending many other potential visitors through this media. We hope on your next visit ,you will further see the completion of our pool gazebo bar and kitchen and our trendy destination Bar with a patio ovelooking Bay of Paria. Once again thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

Sincerely yours ali

Reviewed 8 July 2010

I wish to extend a heartfelt thank you to my “family” away from home. I have resided at the Hilton Hotel on Port of Spain 3 weeks every month for the past year. I have spent more time at the hotel then at my own home. There are far too many people who have made my stay enjoyable and comfortable so I will keep the thank you on a general note.

To the front desk and hotel bell captains: thank you for: “Hello”, “How are you”, “Welcome back”, “Was everything okay during your stay”, “Have a good evening” and opening and closing the taxi doors as I came back and forth from the office.

To the morning breakfast staff: thank you for the quick seating and the “Good Morning” “How are you today?” and remembering I drank tea and getting my tea to the table before I was able to return with the orange juice!

To the breakfast station staff: thank you for the “Good Morning”, “How are you my lady” and “the usual today?”

To the hotel chef and kitchen staff: thank you for whipping up all the great dishes.

To the housekeeping staff, though I rarely saw any of you, you always kept my room tip top.

To all other staff who smiled and said “Good Day” as they pass me in the corridors; for the special “Happy Mother’s Day”.

To the executive club room staff: thank you for the “Good Day, what can I get for you?”, “we have some scones today”. Thank you for the great company for the times I sat alone.

To the hotel management: thank you for making my stay always relaxing and enjoyable. Thank you for the: “Good Day….Good Evening…How are you”. Thank you for the special conversations we had. Thank you for the special arrangements when I had a work emergency and had to stay an extra 2 days when the hotel was fully booked for the summit Thank you for the little surprises during my final week at the hotel ...it made my final stay all the more memorable. A special thank you to all, as you truly understand what hospitality means.

And a special thank you to the General Manager, for being who you are!

Travel is more than just A to B at the Hilton….for me Travel was Home to Home.
Thank you all, I will indeed miss my “other home”.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2010

Dear Ms.Krukowski:

WOW! What a beautiful review. We sincerely thank you at your generosity.
We do appreciate,how you felt at this Iconic Upside Down Hill Top Hilton being a Home Away from Home. Since you had been our most frequent guest ,and as a matter of fact spent more time here than in Canada,you truly understand the warmth,simplicity and genuine friendliness of our people, our place and just the aura of being here. We really miss your early morning breakfast at the restaurant and then seeing you at the executive lounge in the evening . You had become more like a family member and are truly missed.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of your return visit in not too distant future.

We wish you much success and health ,happiness for rest of the summer.

Your Sincerely Ali

Reviewed 21 June 2010

It seems like the Hilton Brand forgot about this hotel. First Impressions should be a warning of things to come. The lobby area needs a major remodel as does the shopping area. The grounds surronding the Hotel, especially the walkway to the Qeens Park Savanna, is so badly kept that you're afraid to go anywhere. We were locked out when we explored the Tennis Court area, the card reader on the door has not worked in quite awhile we were told.
The ordor in the coridor outside our room was repulsing, we were told that a pipe burst and that they could fumergate our room again if we desird...WHAT! We asked to move and was told that our wing was the only one with two beds..........
Now try to relax around the pool....OMG! The pool area has been under construction for the past five years and the only time anything happens around the pool is during Carnival time. Forget about asking for recommendations for restaurant/bars, you're told not to go out beause it's not safe.......
The one bright side to all of this was Richard at the front desk, his honesty was quite refreshing and much appreciated. Should you need to visit anywhere call St. Christopher Taxi (868 678 3212) Imtiaz is fantastic and would take you to best places to hang out.
So much for the famous "upside down hotel"

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

Dear Reviewer ;
Greetings from POS (Trinidad)

We thank you for your very candid constructive feed back and appreciate that you took the time to point out areas of improvements. Pool area renovation is earmarked for completion date second week of October. We do appreciate your acknowledeging the services and honesty of our duty Manager Richard. I will personally communicate those sentiments to Richard and Imtiaz. My sincere and humble apologies for less than perfect experience.
We have shared this with t our owners ( A State Enterprise) and they are plannig to address the entire landscaping project,as hotel is surrounded with over 29 acre of land and nature.
We have discussed this in our morning briefing ,so some of our double rooms configuration can be redesigned.We certainly will immediately tennis court area.

We hope and trust ,given an opportunity for your visit,you will see marked improvements in some of these areas. Please come and visit soon when some of these renovated areas are complete. We thank you for visiting our sweet Trinidad.

Reviewed 14 June 2010

I was blown away by the beauty and views from the Hotel. The entrance way to the hotel lobby made me feel like I was somewhere exotic, I somehow felt like I had left the hussle and bussle of the surroundings. It was a escape, the staff at the front desk was very welcoming and check in took no time at all. Once I was checked in I proceeded to my room where I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and welcoming the room made me feel. My view of the pool was awesome and especially breath taking at night. I was comfortable in my accomodations and found myself taking time away from the noisey days of Port-of-Spain to take mid day naps, in the silence and coziness of my room. In short I would not change anything about my time spent at the Hilton in Trinidad for anything.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
TrinidadHiltonAlkhan, General Manager at Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2010

Dear Distinguished Guest:

Greetings from the hill.
We really feel honored and proud that our team members at front desk let you feel so welcomed! We thank you for describing the setting,the view,the comfort of the room as well surroundings of this Iconic Hilton . We are glad that you liked our newly renovated hotel and you found a true escape from the busy life of an executive in this virtual world. We hope to welcome you again soon for another R&R. Till then your sincerely , ali.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port of Spain
54.1 km away
D' Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Resort
18.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport

Been to Hilton Trinidad & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!