See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 March 2017

This hotel is amazing! Her staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a pleasant stay. They left delicious food in our room both Monday and Tuesday. We also had complimentary wine. The owner and staff are very friendly and the always makes sure her guest are ok. Delicious breakfast in the morning and marvelous selections of tea.

In the heart of Carnival action, if that's your purpose for visiting as it's right near Queens Hall and The Savannah.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank carnivalqueen2017
Annette d, Manager at Coblentz Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thank you for your kind words, the staff have been so advised.

We do try and make all our guests feel at home when they are with us.

Coblentz Inn is extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

We paid for "undoubtedly the most charming and ambient hotel in Port of Spain - and even in Trinidad - with the possibly best restaurant in Trinidad and a bar, a little pool and a free minibar". Here is the truth of today:
- We seem to be the only guests here, and it can't possibly be the best hotel on the island. Google says it has 2 stars. We just checked.
- We were the only guests in the restaurant tonight. Maybe for a reason: We ordered a burger for dinner. It was obviously not prepared in the restaurant, but came from the freezer like the ones you get at McDonalds. The bun also wasn't made by the restaurant.
- The bar on the patio is closed. And there is no light on the patio at night time. Spooky!
- The pool is little. Yes! The hotel doesn't even have one. But on the other side of the road 50 metres away you have access to the world's smallest pool in very uncharming surroundings.
- The free minibar is a refrigerator with two small bottles of water (photo). And yes, we double checked. They really mean it.
Spend your money somewhere else. I wish we had!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanHolstebro
Annette d, Manager at Coblentz Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Good Morning

Coblentz Inn apologises for not having the welcome mini bar in your room on arrival. As soon as I was aware it was arranged for this to be rectified.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Coblentz Inn's location is poor, being in a suburb: There is nothing of interest for the average tourist. A car is essential to avoid expensive taxis, as it is a 30-40 minute walk on busy roads with eccentric pavements to Port of Spain's lively centre.

Despite a supposed upgrade our room was small and almost filled by a kingsize bed, which left space for only one bedside locker, a wardrobe wedged across a corner, a small square dining table with one chair. A poorly-lit alcove contained a small kitchenette, which comprised a worktop, upon which was a microwave and into which was fitted a small sink. Cupboards above contained a few rudimentary utensils, but there was no kettle. It seems more thought was given to decorating the room with odd trinkets, than was spent on practicalities required by travellers.

Breakfast, when there was any, comprised bread, odds and ends of cheese, plus cheap, bland cereals. We risked dining once and regretted it. Choice limited, ingredients and cooking poor, prices alarmingly expensive.

At breakfast on our second morning, my wife poured milk from a jug into her tea. She had swallowed some before she realised the milk was off. I sniffed the jug: it smelt foul. There were no staff in the breakfast room, so I went to reception to report the incident. Later that day, the jug, with its foul contents, was still available to anyone who wished to use it.

By early afternoon, my wife began suffering great discomfort, including vomiting: she felt very poorly. I asked at reception for contact details of a local doctor and was told the hotel kept no such records. I asked for the whereabouts of the nearest pharmacy: by good luck, it was a 3-4 minute walk away.

Treatment by all but one of the receptionists was unprofessional and by another of them was off-hand to the point of rudeness.

My wife was confined to the room for the next four days. During that time, I visited the pharmacists a number of times: they were very helpful and extremely kind - in stark contrast to almost all of the reception staff at Coblentz, who showed no interest in our plight and made no inquiries about my wife's health. On one occasion when, having already been obliged to extend our stay by two nights, I asked for a further extension, the duty receptionist scanned her computer screen, then said: "No, we're waiting for confirmation of a booking for that room." I asked: "How will that affect us?" Her reply was a shrug.

Later that day, I put the same request for extension to a different receptionist. Her smiling reply, without hesitation was: "Of course, the room is yours for as long as you like" or words to that effect. When I asked her about the 'booking confirmation,' she said: "There are no bookings for that room."

During our stay, we saw only one senior member of staff and that was briefly, when we arrived and registered.

For failure in their duty of care to guests in difficulty, we suggest Coblentz Inn should be investigated by the relevant authorities.

Stayed: November 2016
2  Thank NeverBoredAbroad
Advtrini, Manager at Coblentz Inn Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Coblentz Inn regrets that you wife was ill during your visit to Trinidad and this hampered your being able to enjoy the Port of Spain area.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

The location and hospitality were ideal, the price was reasonable and the accommodation was home like. The breakfast was tasty, the bar had most of the drinks i knew and the cost of food and drink were great for the quality of the Inn.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2016

The staff was very helpful and really did their best to make up comfortable. The bed was too small for 2 persons and it was very uncomfortable. There was no electrical kettle in the room. Over all i would still go back there but I will rather have single occupancy

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business