Tamarind Reef Resort, Spa & Marina
Club Comanche(Christiansted)
US$199
  • Breakfast included
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$203
US$225
US$145
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
US$399
US$1,091
getaroom.com
Holger Danske Hotel(Christiansted)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdeep endgreen caydisco bingogalleon restaurantbuck islandpaddle boardsst croixbar and grilltiki hutshower stalldays nightshotel guestssnorkel gearrooms are largefish tacoslaid backsea urchins
Reviewed 3 July 2017

On arrival the hotel room was great. Our stay was for 10 days. The first night was good, spent all day flying/traveling, so probably would not have known if we got robbed in the night;) The second night, there was a couple in the adjacent room, and they were having a conversation on the balcony. This would normally not be unusual, but in this hotel, there is merely a cloth type divider, so they might as well have been having a conversation in our room. This is a problem if you are trying to sleep. We could have shut the sliding door, but then there would be no ocean sound, and no ocean breeze...this was a huge part of our trip. So the next day, I asked for a different room. As they were not busy, this wasn't a big deal, so they moved us downstairs...sorry we moved ourselves. The surroundings are beautiful, but you really cannot go anywhere without a car. This brings me to the restaurant at the hotel "The New Deep End Grill." Geez, I think we paid $70 for lunch on our second day, so I was determined to not eat there again for mediocre food (fish tacos, veggie burger). We didn't have our room cleaned until the 3rd day because we arrived late the first night, and my daughter slept in the second, so they didn't have a chance until then. All of a sudden, we got bitten to pieces the 3rd night by mosquitos!!! We were up half the night:( . The same for the 4th night, by the 5th day, I figured it out, the "fricken" maids leave the doors open while the clean!!???!! Sometimes they leave the guest room doors open while they are off somewhere else. This explains the mosquitos. I asked if they could bring their carts into the rooms while they cleaned, or at least close the doors if they have to go in and out. The front desk said this was impossible. So I had no choice and asked to not have our room cleaned, so we could sleep without getting ravaged by mosquitos. This was ok for about 3 nights, then the sand started building up in the rooms and once again I had to deal with the maids and the front desk. We had our room cleaned, and got bitten all night once more;( Another day, around 10 am, we were planning our day when a huge cockroach ran right past us on the wall...not a good thing around a teenage girl... So once again, I went to the front desk and asked for help. I was given a can of mosquito repellent:( . Oh yes, this is a good one: The last night, our tenth night, we were sleeping and around midnight, a man knocks on the screen door with a flashlight waking us up. I shot up out of bed and said what do you want. He never showed his face and said we had to lock our sliding glass door for our safety. What??! We are there for the ocean...not for any other reason...certainly not for the customer service. I thought we were getting mugged, how ridiculous. Could he not go to the front door and knock, for that matter, where to they get off waking up guests at midnight to let them know they were not safe...I think we were not safe from this staff!!

Room Tip: Free wi-fi but doesn't work, cell hotspot didn't work there either
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Devorah L
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I have now stayed here multiple times and this is my favorite low key resort on St Croix. Staff are friendly, rooms are good sized and clean. Location is good, a bit out of town with good views. WIFI is free.

The restaurant is also really good, inexpensive decent food with cheap drinks.

I will warn you the beach itself is not great. Due to the reef right there, it is limited access into the water. From a pure beach perspective it's limiting if you're just swiming. Snorkleing though is really good since the reef is right there.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Just checked out today. Really nice standard King room. Bathroom is a little small, but room and patio very spacious. Beach is very nice. Swimming are limited entry. Would be a great place to learn to snorkel. Only complaint was no bug spray in the room and the porch was infested with ants. I certainly go back again

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Recently, my husband and I had our dream wedding on St. Croix. We stayed at Tamarind Reef Resort and have nothing but great things to say about their accommodations, amenities, and wonderful staff. Cathy is one of the assistant managers, and she helped us plan our wedding from beginning to end. She gave guidance on getting our marriage license and helped us find the perfect location to get married on the beach. With the ocean, Green Cay, and Buck Island as a backdrop for our nuptials, I must say it was quite beautiful. Cathy arranged the officiant, florist, photographer, hair stylist, and she was even one of our witnesses. It was a magical week and we couldn't have done it without Cathy's help. As another perk, she upgraded us to the oceanfront honeymoon suite....which was awesome! We loved having a room where we could hear the ocean, feel the tropical breeze, and see the beautiful turquoise waters of the Caribbean. We loved it! Thank you, Tamarind Reef, for your wonderful hospitality. We'll be back again soon!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Nothing pretentious here. Large, comfortable rooms on the ocean. This is not a "resort" hotel with room service, beach service, etc. Nice place on the ocean with a great open air restaurant/bar, and good beach. We felt more in touch with the island and culture in this place verses a larger, more luxurious hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple