Club Comanche
Hotels.com
US$174
US$225
  • Pool
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
US$399
US$265
Priceline
US$80
  • Restaurant
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$164
Cancelon
US$1,147
Cancelon
The Inn on Strand Street(Frederiksted)
US$149
US$141
Hotels.com
All reviewshistoric hotelmanager michaelwifi signalst croixcentral locationsmall roomi highly recommend this hotelrecommend staying heremodern amenitiesstaff went out of their waychecking inrelaxing stayboard walkcomplimentary breakfastfeel like familysugar millcaribbean sea
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Even after reading the mixed reviews about this place, I went against my better judgement and stayed here. I don't want this to seem like a rant so I will keep it short. The room was tiny, bed is a death trap (noisy, uncomfortable and unstable) that I had to prop up with a book I found in the room after it fell off the hinges, you can't watch the tv laying in bed because it's so high up on the wall and can't move. During my short stay, I politely reported my issues to the front desk and although they were nice, nothing was done to resolve them. The hotel is located in the heart of Christiansted next to dining, beaches and much better options for your time and money. Needless to say, I won't be back nor would I recommend this hotel. After my stay there, I feel like I need a spa appointment to get the soreness out from that death trap of a bed (lol).

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mr F
Reviewed 26 November 2016

I'm an ultra-budget traveler (think Couch Surfing), but I wanted to spend my last night in a hotel and chose Club Comanche because of the price and the historic interest. It was very much what I was hoping for.

The entrance is a bit tough to find, but well worth seeing since it's down a quaint little alley. The hotel itself rambles over what I think is three buildings. My suite -- which cost less than a small room at other hotels -- was very clean and spacious. A couple -- even a couple with a small child in a crib -- could spend a week there very comfortably. There are little outdoor nooks that would have been wonderful for curling up with a book if I'd had the time.

The breakfast was plain but plentiful -- comparable with what you'd get in a budget motel in the continental US -- and the breakfast room had a very cozy historic feel.

Were I to return to St. Croix, I would stay at Club Comanche again.

Room Tip: I don't know if any of the rooms are accessible. The check-in desk itself is on the second floor up some rather narrow stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank GrannyGrump42
Reviewed 24 November 2016

My initial review was going to be - Stay away at all costs! However the place grew on us. It is rustic. There are lots of stairs! I knew it was not handicap accessible - no elevator. I figured I could handle a flight if stairs up to my room if I wasnt on the first floor. So there are no rooms on the first floor. You have to go up to second floor to register. Then there are 3 stairs up to the bridge to cross the 'street' and several down on the ither side, one big step off the bar area and 6 or 7 to the hallway to room. If you want to go to the pool or patio, there are 6 there also. It is up and down to go anywhere. Our room was very small and the bed dropped a foot anytime you sat on it. There was only one chair in the room. It was very clean and the staff was friendly. Location is excellant for downtown Christiansted. The floors are uneven and tilework cracking in places making footing tricky especially when it rains. Breakfast was typical continental - nothing to get excited sbout. My biggest cripe was that our room safe did not work. We told them about it immediatrly and then reminded them everyday until we left. Without a safe we had to carry all our valuables around the island. This preveted us from being able to go snorkljng which was one of the main things I wanted to do.

Room Tip: Wish I knew
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank hansolozach
Reviewed 17 November 2016

I stayed in the main historic building for one week, I live on St Croix. My best male friend was visiting island from New York and stayed in the room next to me. I loved having a 'staycation' and my best friend loved his first visit to the island. The manager Michael and the staff were so friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. During our stay there was a water main leak in town and the hotel (and surrounding businesses) lost water for 12 hours. Michael personally carried 4 gallon buckets to our rooms so we could flush our toilets. He gave us plenty of bottled water. There was nothing the hotel could do about the state of the town's broken water main - except make sure we were the least inconvenienced. The hotel itself has great charm and character and is located in a cool part of town minutes walk from the best restaurants and bars. And only one minute from the charming board walk and harbor. My friend who is very used to 'New York standards' loved the chic experience that Club Comanche gave on a little tropical island - lots of character, 5 star service and caring comfort. Plus great a/c and WiFi signal! And a complimentary breakfast. Fridges in the rooms are a great touch too - its nice to come back to your room after a walk around town and enjoy a cold water from the fridge. Also there is a lovely yoga studio and fresh juice bar next door called The Courtyard and the hotel has a deep swimming pool with lovely cabanas next to a historic sugar mill on the waterfront. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Let Michael the manager suggest the best room for you based on your needs - its a unique hotel with unique room options
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2016

My husband and I booked the "presidential" suite for our honeymoon last weekend w. Check in was 3pm, we got there at 4pm and was given a room with broken windows and the AC wasn't turned on in advance so the room felt really hot! I asked to be moved to another room and we had to drag our luggage to (2) different rooms that also had something wrong with them. When we were finally able to speak to "Mike" the manager he proceeded to give me a rude lecture about why I shouldn't have used booking.com because he loses money and how as a local (we are from the island) we should be more mindful of the electricity and why they didn't cool the room in advance. Not sure why being a local meant not being treated the same since we paid the same price as someone from the states would.
They offered us a $30 credit to eat at the restaurant next door as a way of apologizing for the situation but when we got there the restaurant didn't have a clue what we were talking about and we had to find someplace else to eat at 8pm! although this offer was made by Mike and we were told several times that the reservations were made, it never happened and we wasted the night since they told us our reservations were for 8pm.
To top it off they called us an hour after we left to inform us that they are charging us a $20 fee for "losing" the room key, even though we left it in the room!
I stay at hotels on the island several times a year and this is by far the WORST hotel stay I have ever experienced!
The area is noisy and you can hear everything on the street and in the rooms next to you! Every laugh, sneeze, private situations, can be heard!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mushavfaith
Club_Comanche1, Guest Relations Manager at Club Comanche, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Dear mushavfaith,
We always strive to make our customers happy with comfortable accommodations and excellent service and I am sorry to hear that your experience was anything less than great. Please accept my sincerest apologies. However it is imporant that the readers of TA be fully informed of the situation.

As a guest whom booked thru a third-party and not property-direct, our resolution ability is limited at the time of your request. We were doing our best within available parameters. However our Concierge staff did an excellent job moving your luggage to accomodate you in an alternative room. You may remember the complimentary bottle of Champagne you received along with the $30 dinner credit were just tokens from the hotel to try to improve your stay and increase your delight. We are sorry that you chose to have us cancel this reservation to eat at our fabulous restaurant. As for the electrical usage complaint, being a local, I know that you can appreciate how our power cost is the highest in the USA and therefore we do not leave air conditioners on in unoccupied rooms. However our modern a/c systems do a great job in bringing the temperature to a comfortable level very quickly.

I understand there are no measures I can take to improve this situation for you and I honestly am very sorry for your unfavorable stay. All the best wishes in your future travels.