“Great Location”

Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in St. Thomas
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I spent a summer on St.Thomas. We stayed in C28 VRBO #74814. This was a one bedroom that has 2 Murphy Beds and a pull out bed in the couch. You can sleep 6 comfortable. The owner was a pleasure to work with. It was very clean and updated with modern amenities. I would highly recommend coming here. You can walk right out of the condo to beautiful scenery with tons of wildlife. The best part is that the beach is less then 100 yards away with a gorgeous view! Can't wait to come back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2017

There is something seriously off about this entire place. You will know this as you drive in the entrance and see the tennis courts overgrown with grass/weeds and in complete disrepair. The grounds are also overgrown and look as though they have not recovered from a recent hurricane. The 'office' to the 'resort' is in a tiny room in one of the buildings that has no sign leading to it- nice staff, however!
We were booked for a room in building F on the bottom floor. Building F is falling apart; it's almost laughable that people have to pay money to stay here. Giant air conditioning units greet you after you pass by a stagnant stream strewn with garbage- NO exaggeration here. We had to switch our room to one on the second floor because the unit we had booked was filthy, outdated, depressing and SMELLED. I did not want my kids sitting on the couch and I would not sleep in the bed. The upper floor unit we were then given was definitely an improvement.
The bar by the pool is closed and falling apart. The signs around the resort are torn and sad looking. The ocean/beach area is okay but nothing to go too crazy over. I looked around at the people staying there and wondered if they were thinking the same things I was as I looked around in disbelief.
The pool and parts of the beach are the ONLY saving grace for this 'resort'. My kids spent their time in the pool and I did a little snorkeling in the ocean. Thank goodness I was only staying here for one night before heading to St John for 10 days!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank prod4
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We chose the "Crystal Cove Beach Resort" based on the many positive reviews written on TripAdvisor. Actually this is Not a beach resort but an apartment/ condominium complex manage by Exclusive Resort. Some owners use the apartment(s) as investments and rent them out. We were given Unit B-3B. This apartment is dated and it is not being properly maintained. This unit is a 1 bedroom furnished apartment. The mattress on the bed was soft and old, the bedside lamps were broken, the furniture in the apartment were old, the televisions were of the analogue type with cable, the WiFi in the apartment worked sporadic at times. There were paint cans and maintenance stuffs sitting in the verandah. However, there were adequate kitchen utensils, beddings and towels in the apartment. House keeping is done twice per week. Non-portable water is used for flushing the toilets at this complex. The Sapphire Beach was a 3 minutes walk away from the apartment. The beach is good but not the best on the island. Beside the beach, there is nothing of interest at this "Resort". There are good restaurants, some shopping and the ferry terminal to St. John's 1 1/2 miles away. The 2 tennis courts on the compound were recently resurfaced and the nets are in good shape. I will guess that other apartments on the compound were better maintained, it all depends on the owner and his/her commitment to upkeep.

Room Tip: Ask about maintenance of the unit before acceptance. A rental car or taxi is needed to get around fr...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DennisTyler_Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We rented this unit for our son in May 2017. Though we did not actually stay in this unit, we did have plenty of opportunities to enjoy it. Having stayed in 4 other units at Crystal Cove, walking into this one really made us go "Wow!" It is very tastefully decorated and very well maintained. The kitchen has been updated nicely and was easy to move around in. If you'd like to stay in and prepare your own meals here, it's a breeze. It has everything you need.

The bedroom had another "wow" factor - the bed is very comfortable! I can't say that about other places here. I loved that there was a nice table and chairs in the front of the unit so that you could sit and have your meals and look out at Sapphire Beach. There's a flat screen tv, internet and a washer and dryer too. It's a very short walk to Sapphire Beach where you can relax under the sea grape trees or swim and snorkel in that gorgeous water. My son didn't use the snorkel gear but it's there for anyone that needs it. Also ample supply of beach towels too. Norma stopped in once during the stay to check on whether any supplies were needed and to see if there were any problem. She's the best!

Brent was awesome to deal with from beginning to end. He sent along some extremely helpful information about the area and was always quick to respond when I had questions. He even helped us decide which company to use when we were interested in going on a boat for the day to the BVIs. You can't ask for better owners to rent from when you want to stay at Crystal Cove. It is obvious that Brent and Claudia care for their unit and care about whether their renters enjoy themselves. These units are all older and some owners have not taken the time to update them in ways that people are looking for in order to be comfortable, but Brent has obviously been making changes to the condo that any renter would appreciate. We wouldn't hesitate to rent from them in the future. When someone cares as much about their place as this couple, it shows and it matters. Thanks for making our family's time together at Sapphire Beach such an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Wingnut57
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Steve and Honey definitely put in attention, care and detail into their property. FAR better than staying at a hotel! My friend and I went to St.Thomas for a wedding. I could not stop raving about the detailed information that was provided. From exactly how to work the toaster to pictures of fish or other things we might come in contact with! The vast amount of information was a welcome for me and it was cool to be able to answer questions the group from the wedding asked. They all wanted to know where I was staying and I was more than happy to share! Felt like home…SUPER comfortable bed, washer/dryer, tons of towels and other items that you would need! The hair dryer also came in handy. When coming back to St. Thomas, no doubt we would stay at B~11! Thank you Steve and Honey!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple