I stayed at the Marriot in 2008 and I can honestly say the excursion desk really made my trip because they were knowledgeable about the tours and nightly activities offsite.
The one thing I didn't like which I can remember like yesterday is that the female staff need to be trained on customer service. No matter what your feeling you should never take it out on patrons. I found this common with the younger staff.
Especially when you order food and got it cold and wait time was long.
Also one other thing I had issue with was how they tried to overcharge for local call as if it was long distance. I had to clearly state my point with the causian female manager who had attitude.
I may not live on the island but I was born there and stayed until the age of 4. Plus the room had know indication of fee except for long distance. So I do have family there so I do know that I wasn't going to treat me like dumb tourists.
I was suppose to stay November 2011 for my birthday but they overbook, and had different stories about the reason they couldn't accomodate, watermain broke, no air condition and I was asked if I was one of the players of the basketball team, I guess if I said yes I would've been accomodate.
I am starting to see that eventhough places carry the Marriot name they really don't understand the concept behind the brand.
Don't get me wrong I loved location, the restaurants except the sportbar and like the spa I just didn't like the way the staff acted towards patrons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie