Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$139
  • Pool
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
US$305
US$224
US$161
US$129
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$196
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

Olga's Fancy(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$149
Galleon House Bed & Breakfast(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$250
Midtown Guest House(Charlotte Amalie)
US$80
Bunker Hill Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$110
US$100
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$569
Marriott
4,427 results
All reviewsmorning starfrenchman's reefaqua terracoco joesthe main hotelharbor wingsunset grillrum barswim up baradventure centermain poolsea cliffinfinity poolnight kayakinggarden viewst thomastennis courts
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from a 4 night stay here. I never write reviews but was so happy with our stay I thought I should. We stayed at the Morningstar property which is a 5 minute walk along the beach and up some stairs to the Frenchman's Reef. The views from both properties are absolutely breathtaking. At MS, we had a really clean, spacious and comfortable room which was right on the water. MS seemed less crowded compared to the lobby and pool areas of the FR. We preferred the "quieter" atmosphere of MS but could enjoy the amenities of the FR. We ate off property every night, so only ate at the hotel for breakfast or lunch. Meals here were perfectly fine, just remember you are on island time. Service is somewhat slow, but since we were on vacation, we were perfectly happy to take our time.

Finally, the staff was absolutely fantastic. We read that in St Thomas a "good morning/afternoon/evening" goes a long way. Be friendly and polite and they will return the favor! We were really blown away by how great the staff was.

Room Tip: Morningstar was pretty quiet though we could still hear our neighbors. Turning on the A/C helped drown them out, along with the sound of the waves. We paid for a beachfront room which was totally worth it. But beware that some of the beachside rooms have trees obstructing the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindsA708
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

We are so pleased to hear your positive feedback! Thank you for taking the time to describe your enjoyment of the Morning Star atmosphere. We will definitely celebrate your compliments with the staff as well. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I spent a few days at this resort last week, and it is beautiful. The outside area of the pools and beach are just beautiful and the views are stunning. The staff that we had contact with were all very nice, and snorkeling in St. John was a great experience. The food at Havana Blue was very, very good. The food at the Sunset Grille was not as good. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your generous compliments on our resort setting and staff! We appreciate you taking the time to share with the online community and our future guests. We hope your stay will inspire you to plan another visit! When you do, please call ahead so that we can greet you as a returning guest!

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Hotel was nice! Pool and ocean was a bit cold ! Convenient having ferry to town and the cat ( great crew and snorkeling trips) right at hotel! Beach a bit small ( I'm a Long island girl so I have great beaches). Staff was terrific ( taneisha front desk) Jose hotel manager was very visible and pool people were nice! Overall I was a bit disappointed for having a renovation no towel rack in bathroom ( but they want you to conserve water and reuse towels ugh no!) no bathing suit line. Dumb things but somebody missed those in the plans! Coco joes was good food, but skip the seafood buffets at all restaurants!! Havana blue excellent food and great service and desserts! Aqua terrace was great for breakfast buffet! Not much to do if you are shopped and touristed out! Relaxing at pool and beach were the best!!!! Good for a quick escape!!!

Stayed: March 2012
8  Thank Agulha
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestions. Taiesha, Jose and the pool team will appreciate being recognized for their efforts! We look forward to your next escape and don’t forget to call ahead so we can greet you as a returning guest!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

The hotel's recent renovations were top notch.
Room
The room was a great size. We used the refrigerator to fill it with beer and soda from the grocery store. We ordered room service every night for fresh fruit. The bathroom was clean and updated. The shower had excellent water pressure.

Fitness Area
This hotel was equipped with some of the best fitness equipment. There were lots of treadmills, elipticals, bicycles, free weights, and weight machines.

Pools
The 4 pools were very nice. But, we spent most of our time in the ocean.

Tennis Courts
The tennis courts are right on the ocean.

Beach
I loved the beach at the hotel. Two bars/restaurants were beachside. So, drinks were plenty. The resort fee included towels, umbrellas, chairs, and rafts. We tried to see all the beaches in St. Thomas and St. John, so we didn't spend as much time at this beach as what we wanted.

The waitstaff is definitely on island time. But ... they were very nice. We were starving the first night we arrived. The dinner took forever to be served. But, the filet was delicious once we got it. The server was very nice and told us about places to see.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank AlexisHershey
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for sharing your detailed review with us. The photos you posted are just beautiful! Sounds like you sampled many of our amenities and enjoyed them all. And what a great idea to order in fresh fruit every evening, a great tip for future travelers. We hope pleasure will bring you back again to the islands and to our resort! Thank you again for the 5 star satisfaction rating!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My new husband and I just returned from a 10 night stay at the Frenchman's Reef for our honeymoon. Parts of it were ideal and parts of it were extremely disappointing. When we first arrived, there was a lot of confusion at our check-in. The employee that we were dealing with was extremely unprepared and unprofessional. Apparently, our reservation in the system had us in a double bed room and said nothing about us being a honeymoon couple. We had an itinerary from our travel agent in hand that showed our reservation was for a king bed room with a water view, so we were baffled as to where the miscommunication happened. The employee was not very helpful and we almost gave up. That is, until, we decided to bring our problem to the front desk in the main building of the resort. There, we met Carissa Driscoll, a shining light for a very distraught honeymoon couple! Carissa calmly listened to our frantic story and solved the problem almost in an instant. Long story short, we ended up with a great king bed room on the fifth floor with a view of the pools AND the harbor. Carissa was personable, helpful, and knowledgeable.
Our service the rest of the time was inconsistent, also noted by a few other reviews I just read. I even sometimes felt like I was annoying people who were working there! Like I was an inconvenience. It was not the welcoming, customer-oriented atmosphere that I thought a 4 star resort should be.
And, yes, the food selection was pricy and got old fast. That's when we ventured to the concierge desk and met Clint Zambrano. He was very knowledgeable of good local restaurants that we could try, especially Enkai (the most delicious sushi I've ever had in my life). He was funny and gave us tons of advice on things we could do during the rest of our stay. He didn't turn everything into a sales pitch, like I felt some of the other concierges did. He was a real cool guy who wanted us to have a good time.
Overall, our experience was up and down. I expected more, but we worked with what we had and made it a good time. The grounds of the resort are gorgeous and we had an adventurous trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Brittany H

First of all, thank you for your helpful feedback and for choosing to spend this special time at Frenchman’s Reef. Please accept my apologies for the service inconsistencies you experienced during your honeymoon, and I appreciate you bringing those to my attention. It helps us to ascertain the areas we can most improve upon. I am glad to hear you were immediately relocated to the correct room configuration when you brought it to Carissa’s attention. We will be sure to recognize her and Clint for their service excellence. On a more positive note, it sounds like overall you enjoyed your room and our property. Congratulations and best wishes for many happy years together!