Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$139
  • Pool
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$196
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

US$161
US$129
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
US$305
US$224
Olga's Fancy(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$149
Galleon House Bed & Breakfast(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$78
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$250
Midtown Guest House(Charlotte Amalie)
US$80
Bunker Hill Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
US$105
US$100
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$569
Marriott
4,426 results
All reviewsmorning starfrenchman's reefaqua terracoco joesthe main hotelharbor wingsunset grillrum barswim up baradventure centermain poolsea cliffinfinity poolnight kayakinggarden viewst thomastennis courts
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This was a quick overnight business trip to St Thomas and Marriott's Frenchman's Reef. What a great hotel. I stayed in the main portion of the hotel and a colleague stayed on the beach. His room requires a shuttle to take him down to the beach and is about a ten minute process. The hotel is very beautiful with great views of the bay and the cruise ship arrivals/departures. Plenty of balconies and verandas to sit and enjoy the scenery. They have a specified adventure desk to help you with all of your vacation events. We ate dinner in the Sunset Grill while the house band Flamboyant was playing. They were very good. Alex is an exceptional waitress and her service and recommendations from the menu were excellent. The stay was way too short and we didn't get to enjoy all the Frenchman's Reef has to offer. However, if I was bringing the wife or family down for vacation, this would be very high on my list for consideration!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TAR16
Joyce G, Director of Sales at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for sharing your perspective as a business traveler. We certainly appreciate the specific mention of Alex, your enjoyment of our live music and views. I am elated to hear you would consider bringing your family down for a visit! We look forward to welcoming you back to St. Thomas!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

My wife and I like to travel to a warm destination each February. The "all inclusive" type resorts were alright but they are all filled with heavy drinkers and big eaters. Quantity of food and liquor was the big draw, not quality. We like to relax pool side for most of the day and are offended by the obnoxious folks that these places tend to draw. This year we decided to pay top dollar for a resort that we would have the opportunity to choose restaurants of our choosing and the expectation of having guests more like ourselves. The resort is on a beautiful location and the pool area is beautiful. The rooms were fine and ours had a balcony with an ocean view. The hallways to the rooms were a bit more rundown than I expected. This property has obviously been here for some time. For $500.00 per night I expected a more pristine look to the entire property. Even though this is in a U.S territory, I'm guessing that the entire staff is Jamacain. The entire time at the resort I felt as if I was in a Jamacain resort without the Jamacain price. The service was alright but not $500.00 per night quality. None of the restaurants had food that I would consider good quality. Service was very slow and the food was cool, prepared incorrectly, and was of low quality. I did not get the feeling that service meant much to the employees. They were pleasant enough but lacked any real initiative to provide great service. The many "ok love, honey, darling" comments from the employees did not improve the service. The Blue Havana restaurant located on or near the property was an exception. If this resort had been half of the price we paid my expectations would have not been this high. The best food here were the sandwiches for sale in the market but $9.95 for a ham and cheese sandwich made on bread you have at home with a can of coke for $2 creates an expectation for something that you will not find. Brunch at the Aqua Terra is $24 per person. To be fair, St. Thomas is not cheap but I did find many restaurants, some on other resorts, that had outstanding food for the same or slightly lower price. Keep your expectations at 3 stars.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeffcreek

Thank you for your candor. I am sorry to hear your recent visit did not meet your expectations. We want all our guests to feel that every aspect of their stay including amenities, service and dining choices adds value to their experience. Therefore, your comments are concerning. I am reviewing your suggestions with our leadership team. Although our positive reviews this year have soared, we recognize that there is always room for improvement at the individual level. If there is anything else you would like to suggest or add, feel free to send me an email at sttfrexperienceteam@marriotthotels.com. Thank you again for your detailed suggestions.

Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 8 days on our first trip to the US Virgin Islands. We rented a car and we were able to park it right in front of the hotel almost every day! The hotel is really in 2 parts, the hotel side which has the spa and infinity pool, and the beach side which are smaller buildings scattered right on the beach. We had booked our room on Expedia, when we booked I had not noticed that our reservation had shown a room without a balcony! To me this is a little odd, why would you even build a hotel down south without balcony rooms. We asked to move but they were full. We read a lot of reviews about the service being sub par, this is not true! Everyone was very friendly, and courteous, except for the people working at Rhumbar. The staff there seemed like they never wanted to be there and made us feel like we were bothering them! We ate at Aqua Terra and Sunset Grill, these restaurants were disappointing. If you must stay at the hotel, go eat at Havana Blue and CoCo Joe's (ask for Jose, he is their best waiter). The infinity pool is nice but could I suggest hiring more staff to take drink orders, they were running around all day and it was hard to get their attention. Also, the hotel claims that they do not allow lounge reservations but they do nothing to stop it. If you go by the pool at 11 am, if you find a seat, you'll be sunbathing with numerous other towels!!! The only other complaint would be the walk from the hotel side to the beach, parts of it were a little grungy. I don't mind the length of the walk, but the curb appeal was definetly lacking. We left a few days to go check out other beaches and St Johns, I think I would have had a much more negative review of this place had I never left. All in all, the rooms were clean, the beach was nice, and the pool was top notch. If they tend to these minor problems, this hotel would be a 5 star. Note, for some reason, they forgot to charge us the resort fee!!! If I would have paid that extra I may have been a little more upset!

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for the lovely photos and review. Your opinion is valuable and your suggestions, helpful. We are happy you enjoyed your trip to the Virgin Islands and hope it is the first of many!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

First time visiting St. Thomas with the family and had a blast... The resort was beautiful, clean, and had very friendly and helpful service. Zoogisle was awesome with his dinner recommendations; which were right on target. We thought there wasn't going to be much to do for the kids, but with the Waverunner, Tennis, trip to St. John, the week went fast and the kids wanted to stay longer. The food on the resort and outside was consistently good wherever I went, with some of the restaurants having breathtaking views. The only downside of the trip was the amount of money spent on taxis and the only deterent in coming back. $100 for a family of 5 for a round trip to dinner + the $300 dinner bill is a little excessive. The really need to either adjust the per person transportation charge or move to a zone based pricing model for a group.

Outside of the transportation, it was a great trip...

Room Tip: Try not to overlook the car park or pick a room in the bldg that has an outside hallway, as the cart noice is quite load at times.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for bringing your family to stay with us! We are delighted to hear you had a blast and the kids were left wanting more vacation time. I also appreciate your positive comments on our cuisine and the helpfulness of Zogisle. Before your next trip, feel free to contact our pre-arrival team to explore all your transportation options. Thank you again for the 5-star review!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed at Morning Star part of the hotel. Location of the buildings is perfect - very close to the beach. This location requires extra excersise every morning - short walk to main restaurant with buffet breakfest, however for those who doesn't like to walk too much - they have Coco Joe beach restaurant with a'la carte breakfest.
Coco Joe's is perfect for dinner too - we spend there every evening, service is outstanding - everyone ask for Jose - very special friend and best waiter we've ever met!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the outstanding review of Morning Star Beach Resort and Coco Joe’s restaurant. I can see in your photos you enjoyed the beach and infinity pool views. Your contribution is appreciated. We hope another holiday brings you back to St. Thomas!