We stayed at the Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort for one week before taking a cruise from San Juan, PR.
Our room was down by the beach and not in the main hotel. The hotel provides a shuttle to make this journey easier, especially upon first arrival. The room was quite large and comfortable although not luxurious or modern. The balcony was most welcome. A better choice would have been a room overlooking the ocean.
There are some open air restaurants at the beach, where we had a couple of dinners, but we preferred the restaurant in the main building for both breakfast and dinner. From here the view of the bay was wonderful both morning and evening.
There are tennis courts and a swimming pool by the beach, plus some other pools at the main building. There is a small supermarket / shop in the main building. You can also make island tour arrangements in the main lobby.
The town of Charlotte Amalie is a taxi ride away and there is quite a lot to see and many nice restaurants. If you like jewelry shopping you will spend some time here. There is a water taxi from the hotel to Charlotte Amalie, but be prepared for a lot of steps to get to the water taxi.
There are a lot of stairs in this resort! Be prepared to get some exercise, unless you use the shuttle bus. We enjoyed the walk to the main building where we saw a waterfall and many iguanas!
There is a beautiful garden location for small weddings or private activities at the main building. The photos from here must be stunning.
The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. Our US Virgin Islands hotel in St. Thomas features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50" TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie