“All about the location & service ”

Island Beachcomber Hotel
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I got in 1 night earlier than my friend & needed a place close to the airport & clean. This was the place!

I could’ve walked but it was too hot & humid.

It’s right on the beach which was wonderful. I dropped my stuff off in the room and walked into the water!!

There was a bar & restaurant - I really enjoyed the drinks.

The front desk gal was so friendly - I needed to get into town and she made the perfect suggestion of taking the local taxi. I met a new friend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I normally give any hotel a chance to solve any problem, but after 9 months waiting this is no longer acceptable, We booked through the Hotel directly and they charged our card. We had to cancel and they adviced they will not refund anything. After speaking to them again on the phone they agreed that they have never adviced us that we have a non refundable rate and they have forwarded this to management for refund. This is now 9 month ago and since then they have not refunded anything nor have replied to any of our calls or emails.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reallyitsme
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The rooms were clean, and the atmosphere was fun, but for $170, even a tourist location, I was expecting a nicer place. When booking here, expect less and you will not be disappointed. All that said, I have to admit that having a room that opens onto the beach in St. Thomas was fun!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Loved, loved this place. It's like I stepped back in time to this sweet gem!! Beach was beautiful!! Locals go there some. Bar and restaurant were fantastic!!!! Room was sparse but super clean and the air worked. Heck yeah! Advice: walk from airport, it is 0.4 miles, down hill on a side walk. We paid $20 for a cab. :(

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We were at Lindbergh Beach up near the Emerald Beach Resort. I had read that this beach bar was good and we walked down to it to have some drinks and bar food. The lady working the bar was doing her best to keep up with the demand but she needed some help. We ordered canned soft drinks and a bottled root beer. You would expect those to come cold (at least the root beer) but there were not. You did get a cup of ice but not even having the root beer cold, seriously? We ordered chicken fingers -- a skimpy order and not very good. We ordered some bbq wings -- there were a tad better than the fingers but were battered wings with sauce on them.....not the best way to receive wings. Total for 5 soft drinks and these 2 apps was $50 including tax and tip. DO NOT recommend this place. I would try the Emerald Beach Hotel bar next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
12.2 km away
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End

Been to Island Beachcomber Hotel? Share your experiences!