I spent a lot of time researching the best area to live in while in St Thomas. I picked the East End because the snorkeling and beaches are reportedly much better than in the other parts. Here are the pros and cons of Sapphire Beach Resort:
- The East End is a good location on the island, and driving to and from here is a scenic drive.
- The resort is right on the beach; my unit was mere steps from the beach and the patio was lovely to sit on because of the ocean a few feet away.
- There is snorkeling right off the beach so you don't have to drive for it. According to many locals, the snorkeling off Sapphire Beach Resort is the best (or at least top-2) on the island (but that is not saying much!)
- The resort is a condo resort so each unit is very spacious, with a kitchen, living area, and patio
- The resort is 5 minutes drive to Red Hook town which has many restaurants and food options
- The resort has not been updated; the beds were awful, the bathrooms were basic, the rooms were dark despite being on a sunny beach, the furnishings were terrible
- The snorkeling was sub-par. I hardly saw much marine life; and certainly nothing compared to other islands in the Caribbean or in Hawaii.
- The beach bar had mediocre/poor food, and nothing for vegetarians
Overall: I would not stay here again. But I would probably not visit St Thomas again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular beachfront villas and suites are directly on beautiful Sapphire Beach by the crystal-clear Caribbean. A full-service restaurant is easily walkable from the beach. Families with kids will enjoy the sand, pool, fishing off the dock or boat, and pirate history. Active vacationers will find plenty of hiking, scuba diving and bicycling to keep on the go. There is something for everyone. Sapphire Beach, Saint Thomas is the perfect vacation island. Book your dream visit today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Sapphire Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Hotel East End
- Hotel Sapphire Beach
- Sapphire Beach Resort St. Thomas, Caribbean - East End