“Traffic noise and no air con so avoid in hot weather”

Premier Inn Merthyr Tydfil
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pentrebach
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I stayed here for 2 nights during the warm weather for work. The first night I was given a room facing the busy road. There is no air con, just a fan and the window only opened at the top. It was so hot and my dilemma was whether to put up with the noisy road traffic and have the window open or close the window and make the room spoken to the receptionist who was surly but I was told I had no chance of moving as the hotel was full all week. It was a bank holiday and the next morning there was a different helpful receptionist. I was allowed to change rooms and my second room was quieter (at the back facing the car park) and the weather had changed so it was cool too. Its a shame Premier Inn didn't invest in air con and better insulation to ensure a comfortable temperature during the warmer months. I won't be staying here again for those reasons. I travel a lot for work and its important that I get a reasonable night's sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back facing the car park. Avoid in warm weather!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Good stay once again, had a new receptionist who was Rebecca and it was her 1st night on the reception on her own. She was very kind and helpful to us and will be a great asset to the lovely team at Merthyr. Room good again and no problems, well done Premier.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Comfortable beds, good location for us, and very convenient to a decent restaurant. Staff was very friendly, and the whole property appeared to be brand new, though from other reviews I understand this was a refurbishment. Well done. Sure would prefer rolls of TP instead of the little squares, though!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is an excellent premier inn. It must have been renovated if I compare the room to some of the photos I have seen on trip advisor. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly. For the price I paid, I believe this is excellent value for money. I would highly recommend as a central place to explore the Brecon Beacons. There is a restaurant on site, which is descent, and there are also takeaway options a short drive from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Had the worst night here. Room was too warm to sleep with the duvet over me and too cold without. Bed had a mattress topper on it which made it too soft so couldn't get any sleep. Breakfast was not up to Premier Inn standard. Half the products listed on the breakfast marketing material was not provided. Must be the reason why it was so dark in the restaurant - so that we wouldn't notice the lack of breakfast ingredients. Not impressed with the standard of this hotel at all. The only positive I can say is the extremely friendly, helpful and courteous receptionist that served us when we arrived.

Room Tip: No choice of rooms so cant say
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pentrebach
1.9 km away
20.4 km away
The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club
12.0 km away
Ty Newydd Country Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Merthyr Tydfil? Share your experiences!