“Great beer and root beer floats - nice little place”
Review of The Tap Room

The Tap Room
Ranked #1 of 3 Nightlife in Cruz Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tap Room is the location of St. John Brewers brewery and brew pub. We create award winning beers and sodas on location at our brewery that supplies our 16 draft line brew pub. Come relax in our A/C bar or two outdoor patios while enjoying your day on St. John. Our food menu has something for everyone from our fresh salads, delicious fish tacos, or warm Bavarian pretzels. There are plenty of great menu options served with a cold draft beer, homemade soda, or local fruit infused cocktails. We also offer brewery tours on Mon/Wed/Fri at 4 PM so you can check out the brewery and sample our great beers!
Green Bay WI
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great beer and root beer floats - nice little place”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My sister and I had read about this place on trip advisor so when we went to spend the day at St. John we decided to stop in. We got there shortly before it opened at 11:00 a.m. It was hard to tell when it opened as people were inside moving about but we weren't acknowledged when we tried the door and it was locked. The door was open a little after 11:00 so I opened the door and asked if the place was open. The female who responded came across as though I was bothering her so we almost decided to leave because we thought that was a sign of bad things to come. Instead we went in and this person was leaving. The bartender was friendly and the rest of the experience was positive. Try the mango pale ale -- it rocked. Also, the mahi sandwich was the special and it was fabulous. It was quiet at this time on Saturday and that was fine with us. After we went to the beach we decided to stop in and have a root beer (from the brewery) float. It was a perfect end to the day. I ended up taking a mix of beer with me as I know the beer lovers at home will be really happy,.

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great beer and service/cool atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My husband and I went to The Tap Room for a light lunch. He got the hot dog and I ate the grilled shrimp caesar salad. Both were great and filling at a fair price. My husband couldn't choose which dark beer he wanted on tap, so the waitress brought him 3 samples! How nice is that?! I had the Virgin Island Summer Ale on tap which is light and refreshing like Corona or Coors light.

Clarksburg, NJ
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good beer selections”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Try the beer and sodas at this cozy little bar. Nice change from all of the bottled beer on the island.

Ashburn, VA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Saw a band from NY”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Place is off the beach but it is one of the few places with draft beer on St. John. Had a couple of good beers and saw and above average band.

Visited January 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Awesome bar, off -season short hours, TAP BEER!!!”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We popped in here before dinner with our three kids thinking we could get a appetizer and some beers before dinner. They were going to be closing soon, and only had a pretzel with cheese available.
Lesson learned, don't expect long hours off season in St. John, and don't come here hungry.
However, they have thirsty people covered. They have the only tap beer on the island from what I heard. It is very good. Their beer is brewed in Maine by Shipyard Brewery. Awesome stuff and some cool merchandise foe sale. It feels like a small sports bar back home, but on the island. Great place, if you are thirsty.

Visited October 2011