“Great location and lovely staff!”

Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel a lot for business and was really happy with my stay at this hotel. I am very picky about the places I go and I am easily disappointed, BUT this hotel was GREAT! I was greeted by a lovely staff. The rooms were clean and cozy. And the location was perfect (I even got to enjoy some time on the beach). I would definitely return to this hotel for any of my business trips... maybe even for a little get-away.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is scary. And not because of the location.

I checked in and was offered a ocean side room by a trainee Samantha and her staff mate. Once inside the room- they had given me a view of the other building, where people could clearly see into my room as well- the room phone didn’t work and the WIFI was stolen from another property, also not working. I called down to explain, ask for the room they offered me and waited for new keys to be brought up. After 25 min no one came and i called again. Samantha then told me the keys were coming again and hung up.

THEN i went downstairs and all three female staff suddenly became deaf and mute. They directed me to “rui” the general manager who told me if i wanted the proper room i would have to sit and wait until 5pm. Obviously not acceptable. At this point i explained that check in time was several hours before and he THREATENED TO CALL THE POLICE.

At this point the female staff said they were on the phone trying to get housekeeping to make the proper room if i would sit and wait. After being threatened by this 60 year old man, i wanted a full refund and goodbye. He agree to the refund then again told me i would spend a few hours in jail, and also refused to give his name. I️ have this entire conversation recorded on my cell phone.

He refused to provide paper work stating that a refund would be processed and refused to call hotels.com to confirm the refund directly.

This place is really really not where you want to be. Whoever is marketing it, needs to restore the staff, cleanliness and ATTITUDE which does not represent Bahamian culture at all. The location is incredible, but the hotel is empty and that says a lot about the experience they provide and bad reviews they receive continuously. I stay in 50 hotels a year, if not more and am a gold member of hotels.com, an AIRBNB super host and have travelled to dozens of countries. Don’t go here, don’t even step foot on the property or you could be arrested for calling someone an idiot.

BTW RUI, swearing isn’t illegal in any country. Look it up.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Rui D, General Manager at Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Rideshare,

I am glad that you have the forum to express yourself and how your hotel experience transpired, from your point of view.

We never want anyone to have a bad experience with anything we do, but language that is insulting, should not be used.

Thank you for writing.

Rui

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I travel in the Caribbean on business and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The staff couldn't have been nicer, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. Plenty of outlets to plug in electronics. Friendly bartender and tasty food. I only stayed one night but will be back when I am in Nassau. For the price, it cannot be beat.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Normally stay at British Colonial Hilton - prices there have gone up and in the past coworkers have had issues with inconsistent billing.

So, when our group chose this one (BTW nice to see BCH has some competition), we were not sure what to expect.

The lobby/bar/restaurant area is nice and open with plenty of tables, chairs, and TVs - very conducive to friendly conversations.

Rooms were very comfortable.

Staff seemed a lot friendlier than the staff in BCH - IMHO.

Only complaint would be excessive heat in the elevator.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Rui D, General Manager at Courtyard Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear gmp696,

We were glad to read that you now have an alternative of hotel choices with our property, The Marriott Courtyard in Nassau. We strive to make our guests enjoy themselves by being friendly and providing the appropriate service.

Please return soon.

Rui

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Rooms are spacious and clean and the food is excellent. The entire staff from the check-in desk to the maids are so accommodating and helpful. Just loved being a part of the "junkanoo" experience. At anytime you can stroll down Bay Street and get a rich taste of what Nassau has to offer

Room Tip: Ask for pool side. You get a bonus by also seeing the rich turquoise waters.