“Magical, just... magical!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

hollydlei...
“Magical, just... magical!”
Reviewed 30 January 2019 for a stay in May 2018

I've been out twice so far with Blackbeard's, and there is no better value in liveaboard diving. WONDERFUL. Great crew, great diving, they feed you well. For the price, can afford to go often. I've gone on other liveaboards, some with the same parent company (All Star) and love them all, but for Blackbeard's in particular, you can anchor close to deserted islands and swim in for your shore excursions versus taking the tender with the group. While I like groups, I like solo time with my bf too, and this was simply a magical, magical time on board, and we made lifelong friends. GO NOW, you won't regret it!

Date of stay: May 2018
Your age range 50-64
utdivemas...
Toledo, Ohio
“Best liveaboard I've ever booked for a group! Fantastic 100%”
Reviewed 8 January 2019 for a stay in August 2018

This liveaboard is an awesome deal! I am a dive leader in the Toledo OH area and last year was my first time trying Blackbeard's Cruise. It turned out to be such a great trip that I rebooked the boat for the next year and sold out in 2 weeks!
The Diving- Awesome! Do you need to say more about Bahamas diving?
The Boat- Though it doesn't look like it, there IS a lot of room for guests and crew and we were never "on top of each other" the bunks were airconditioned and everyone on board slept like babies!
The Food- This is the place for the 10 star review! You wouldn't believe a kitchen the size of a ping pong table could possibly provide enough room for the world class chef on board (Jenn) to put out meals for 28 people but not just that the meals were FANTASTIC! Everyone ate so much food and it wasn't sandwiches and chips like I expected. NO we had FULL MEALS with a veggie, starch and a meat EVERY MEAL! It's worth the price just for the food!
We were never board there was always something to do. Diving and swinging into the water from a halyard line to exploring an unihabited islands, lobstering and fishing to tanning to drinking rum punch... (oh yeah thats all included too!)
If you are a dive shop or a dive leader and you have a group of divers and you are looking for a trip. THIS IS IT! sure you have to share a toilet with 8 other divers and there is only one shower on board but trust me it won't impact how much fun you have with Blackbeard's.

Last thing I'd like to say a personal thank you to the crew of Capt. Red, Tammy,Jenn, Chris, Robby, and Justin! You all go above and beyond to make sailing, diving, eating, drinking and partying on the water so much fun (and safe). Thank you to each and every one of you!

Date of stay: August 2018
rubicon
Forestville, California
“Great Crew, Fantastic Diving, Nice folks”
Reviewed 22 November 2018 for a stay in October 2018
people found this review helpful

I was told that going on Blackbeards cruises was like camping. No staterooms just bunks. Which is somewhat true. However, I am used to going on California liveaboards, and this was much nicer and less expensive than any of the California dive boats. Plus, six days of excellent diving.
The crew was competent, the food was excellent, the diving is spectacular and the folks I met on our trip were all great divers and nice folks. This is not the boat for folks who want to be catered to, or have to be on guided dives. This is the boat, for competent divers who enjoy diving their own profiles. Also for beginning divers who want to take more advanced certifications as they always have an instructor on board. Blackbeards is the ultimate dive boat for folks that just want to dive.

Date of stay: October 2018
JustVixen
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“If You Want No Frills,Amazing Diving, Book this Trip TODAY”
Reviewed 15 October 2018 for a stay in October 2018
people found this review helpful

This Review is on The Sea Explorer, Captain Drew, Co-Captain Iian, Dan (the viking), Hoppey, and Gladys, the cook.
I admit I was leery when I agreed to go on this trip with my local dive shop. After diving Cozumel, Bonaire, and Little Cayman for considerably more money, I was sure I was going to be disappointed... not only with my accommodations but with the diving as well.

I have never been so happy to admit how very very wrong I was!

Now if you are the type of person who appreciates your privacy, wants your own bathroom, needs unlimited hot water, and requires someone to coddle you and wait on you hand and foot ...then this is NOT the Dive trip for you.
But if you want world class, breath taking diving, plentiful, delicious food, a funny, personable, educated and dedicated crew and up to 19 of the best dives you will ever go on....then BOOK this TRIP NOW!

Things you must keep in mind to have as enjoyable of an experience as I did:
1) The crew does NOT control the weather. If you are going to whine and complain if you don't get a daily wall dive in, then you may not want to risk Mother Nature altering the dive plan.
We spent 12 of our dives revisiting the same sites in less than 40 feet of water and you know what? Each time it was like a new site and I would have gladly gone back to Barracuda Shoals again and again for all of the time I got to spend with all of the reef and nurse sharks that hang out there.
2) Unless you are going to rent out the whole boat, chances are you aren't going to know everyone on board. I knew 4 of the 17 people on the trip I went on, and 6 days later we were all like family.
3) If you are booking as a single expect to get paired up with someone.
I booked this trip as a single female. My bunk mate was a guy. My dive buddy was a guy. All the other residents below deck with me were guys, and not once did I feel the slightest bit uncomfortable.
4) LISTEN TO YOUR CAPTAIN
There are signs everywhere warning you not to go downstairs wet. I ignored those signs for 3 days and traveled the boat barefoot leaving a trail of wet footprints everywhere I went. Then the inevitable happened. My wet foot slipped off of the first step on the ladder headed down to my bunk and proceeded to do the same on every remaining step. Luckily I only got two stress fractures and one awful sprain for my stubbornness...but it really could have been a trip ending injury that was totally preventable if I only would have listened.
5) Don't plan on losing any weight on the trip. For the price, I expected continental breakfasts, chips and sandwiches for lunch, and some frozen pizzas for dinner. I got bacon, eggs, french toast and sausage for breakfast. Quesadillas, fruit platters, and lobster dip for snacks. And lunches that were as hearty as the dinners that included everything from Taco Tuesday, Flank Steak, Pulled Pork and Curried Chicken to Sheppard's Pie and Pork Chops in the most amazing honey mustard sauce I have ever tasted.
I cannot say THANK YOU enough to everyone on the Sea Explorer and at Blackbeard's! I think I have just found my yearly go to trip for when the dive bug is biting and the ocean is calling my name.

Date of stay: October 2018
Your age range 35-49
Niki L
“Amazing week on Morning Star”
Reviewed 10 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018
person found this review helpful

Just spent an awesome week on Morning Star and loved every minute of it! The crew was amazing and extremely helpful. They knew so much about the area and sea life. The boat was clean and had everything to make the trip fun and safe. I was traveling solo and felt completely welcome the entire time.

Date of stay: June 2018
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.