“Delicious, authentic Bahamian food!”

Bahamian Cookin' Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 331 Restaurants in Nassau
Price range: US$4 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bahamian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Bahamian Cookin Restaurant & Bar is Nassau's oldest Bahamian Restaurant,specializing in authentic Bahamian Cuisine.Owned and operated by 3 generations of Bahamian women, this local establishment has been providing Bahamians and tourists with flavorful Bahamian Cuisine for over 29 years.
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch and had the place all to ourselves. We ordered Conch fritter appetizer and they were perfect!

My wife had the steamed chicken, which was tender and juicy. I had the steamed pork chops which had good flavor but were quite tough. Our sides were delicious, including plaintains, baked Mac n cheese, Cole
Slaw and peas and rice.

So much food! And all delicious.

You really must try it!

Reviewed 31 August 2018

While on a cruise, one of our ports of call was Nassau. I had seen this restaurant on the internet and wanted to try it out. It was easy to find, on a little street just a few blocks from the cruise terminal. The people at this small place were very friendly, and took our order quickly. The food was really good (try the fried conch) and it was reasonably priced.

1  Thank M1356QBdavidh
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was perfect for our group of 14 people. Service was really good, food was excellent. Close to the port. Recommended

1  Thank JCAtlanta
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We found this place wandering around shopping and IT WAS FABULOUS. my husband and I are traveling with 6 teenage girls. They were all happy with their food. I had the grouper fingers and they were the best I have ever had (and I really like good fiod and am sort of a “fish snob.”! Not a super fancy environment but very clean and the staff was nice. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Well, we walked through the city looking for a place to eat and we found the Bahamian Cookin Restaurant. Prices are low compared to other restaurants, especially on Paradise Island. The food was good nothing fancy more traditional. Staff was very friendly, and overall a good service. Lunch was prepared fast. Usually I'm a bit sensitive to food, in this case nothing happend, so I assume its a safe place which I can honestly recommend. For those who look for more deluxe place, well don't go.

4  Thank swingtrader