See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We are staying across the street at the Marley Resort and Nettie’s looked really cool, eclectic and artsy which I absolutely love so we wanted to stop in and look around to potentially stay at during a future trip. The young girl at the front let us in and said we could look around. The first thing I noticed was this place was empty except for the girl that greeted us and a mean looking old lady sitting at a table in the dark restaurant. I started walking around past the pool and following signs to the backyard art area but my boyfriend hung back near the entrance where the old lady, Alice, who was extremely unkind and unfriendly, started asking him very weird questions and making him feel extremely uncomfortable and unwelcome. So he called me to come back to the front because he felt so uncomfortable and we abruptly left. On my way out I tried to compliment her and say the place was beautiful but she refused to smile, seemed to want us to leave although we were being respectful and simply wanted to look at the art, and she gave off an extremely creepy vibe. Guess we will continue to stay elsewhere where we are actually welcome. We visit the Bahamas many times a year so shame on you Alice for turning away potential repeat guests. Bad business practice... best of luck. And by the way, go take care of the parrot, he looks lonely and neglected.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This place has so much potential but is very old and in need of an update. Certain areas are rotten and guests should not be allowed there as it is a liability. There was a bird (large parrot) that is cared for very poorly. The cage had not been cleaned in ages. The birds wings was damaged. When asking the owner Nettie, she seemed extremely annoyed she had to care for the bird. Even making an inappropriate remark I have a hard time even repeating. Is there anyone that can help rescue this bird? Or Nettie please donate this to the local zoo. Zoo's can offer a better life for exotic animals if you are unable to. It is quite common and something I hope you would consider, verses getting a fine for animal abuse.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We checked in after our flight was cancelled. There was no water in the room. Three times I asked if there would be water before 3AM, when we needed to leave. Three times I was told yes, don't worry about it. When 3AM arrived, there was no water for my wife and I. We could not shower, brush our teeth of flush the toilet. This place was a total dump. Stay away!!

Room Tip: Rooms at other hotels are the best
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric06518
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Went to the Bahamas for my sister and mine birthday. Place served its purpose. Access to the city was easy through bus #10 which dropped us in front of the place, a small beach was just crossing the street, pizza place and a supermarket nearby! Not good for families with children but very good for those going to rest and unwind. Very friendly people mom and pop place that made you feel welcome.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Graceydiaz
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Pros: Nice people, AC works, clean w/ no bugs (just mosquitoes), cheaper than other places
Cons: No running water for shower or sink, spotty wi-fi, dimly lit, 752.52$ for 4 nights but no water, new towels had little curly hairs embedded in them,

I would never stay here again. This place almost ruined our vacation. We came to the Bahamas seeking rest and relaxation but half of the time the water was completely out and the other half it was barely a trickle. My husband and I had to go to bed sticky with salt, sunscreen, sand, and sweat in every crevice. He was rightfully upset and I grew desperate. I scoured other options to change our accommodations but the wi-fi kept going out. We had to grin and bear it. I've experienced these types of conditions before but that was expected for missions trips--not at all appropriate for a vacation with the hubby. My husband used to work in the hotel industry and agrees that Nettie's needs to shut down immediately and renovate their facilities.
My review from the 2nd night is below.

12/26: As I'm typing this, I am laying in my own filth--a unique blend of sunscreen, sweat, and sand. And I can't do anything about it. I can't shower let alone brush my teeth, or wash my face. The water has been out for the past 4+ hours at Nettie's. My husband and I had a fun-filled day of watching the Junkanoo parade and exploring the beaches. We were looking forward to going back to our lodgings and washing up. We can't even order their overpriced menu items since the water is down so we walk walk and walk to find the few food places that are open on Boxing Day holiday. We come back and the water is on for a brief moment so we can wash our hands. Then it is out again. The air conditioner works at least but it creates a cold clamminess in the room. We paid 50 usd for a dinner for two here--cracked conch, fried chicken, and a beer--super pricey. This place is tired and out of touch. I just want to brush my teeth. For paying over 700$ for our 4-night stay you'd think I'd be able to at least brush my teeth. Oh and the wifi is down most of the time and is down now so I'm typing this review into my iphone memopad so I can post it later when I get home. #miserable

Room Tip: Room 312 is by the side entrance.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple