US$295
Official Site
US$393
US$383
A Stone's Throw Away(Nassau)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Bookit.com
Rosewood Baha Mar(Nassau)
US$595
3,685 results
All reviewsprivate beachthe executive loungeparadise islandday passbusiness hotelstraw marketcruise shipdunkin donutssenor frogsfish frybay streetaqua restauranthotel beachsenior frogsfood and drinksjunkanoo beachnice beach
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Our day pass was pre-arranged and we were excited for the day. Upon checking in we received our bracelets and signed the credit card receipt - Not one thing else was provided including information about lunch and beach location. We eventually did our best to figure it out.
We arrived for what we expected to be a quiet, relaxing day with our daughters. The pool was beautiful and heated! The ocean and beach were pleasant. We loved the view of our cruise ship. This was our third day of beach snorkeling and unfortunately there were no fish - and a great deal of trash (cans and garbage on the floor) I am sure this is no fault of the hotel but it certainly lessened our experience.
Our day pass came with a $90 voucher for food for our family. Without any guidance or introduction to the hotel - we were left to assume that we should order from the beach bar - unfortunately we were extremely disappointed in the lack of service offered. The single waiter would disappear for long periods of time and when we finally located a menu - we ordered 2 burgers, 2 chicken fingers, 2 sodas (served in glass with mostly ice) and two bahama mama drinks - the total was well over $105 and served in styrofoam boxes. We noticed other hotel guests (not day passes) expressing their upset about not being served and going inside for their own drinks. There was no service at the pool unless you went directly to the bar and asked.
Overall, I am not sure I would return. The first impression was that of a high end hotel but the later details just demonstrate a general lack of service. We were not the high end family spending a week and felt we were treated like the discarded guest because we were using day passes. Message to be sent - we are planning a simple vacation to Bahamas next year. Not likely to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank silverandgold8891
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed there 26 & 27 May 2012. Great location for walking around downtown Nassau. Walking to the Queen Staircase was a bit far, but not bad. They were doing water pipe repairs a few times, but we had no issues with water in the room and they handed out bottled water. Breakfast buffet was good, but expensive so we used the local fastfood afterwards. Room was clean and comfortable. Satellite tv has plenty to watch and having a frig in the room helped.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Location, location, location. BCHN has outstanding rooms, service, beach, proximity to town, Atlantis and proximity restaurants. We choose this hotel based on the average review that it is a great experience. While there are a few "nit pickers" we choose to ignore them given the overall wonderful experiences people are writing about and they were not to disappoint.

First we choose Harbor-side Executive, based on Hilton Executive Lounge serving free hourderves 2pm-5pm, and 5pm - 7pm free drinks with snacks. The room choice for a view is definitely Harbor-side. I checked out a city-side executive suite which had a small balcony you could sit out on but definitely smaller than Harbor-side executive suite which only has a door that opens to outside with no balcony to sit on. We choose the larger harbor-side suite as it is huge in comparison and we would rather be on the beach anyways. Well worth the extra $100 per night difference from the small room we originally booked. I took a look at the small rooms and they are nice but we were only there for a short stay and wanted it to be the best experience we could have.

The staff is stellar. Concierge is great and helped me get Kenny Chesney tickets at Atlantis. Concierge had to go get the tickets (only can get tickets in person) with cash, taking a cab and tip for their trouble. Well worth it as I was able to continue our wonderful trip and surprise my wife with awesome tickets. The front desk sent us a lovely gift of flowers and a card from the staff wishing us a happy anniversary, which is definitely a nice touch. Just the kind Bahamian way you are constantly surprised with in Nassau.

The beach is great. Water crystal clear with a school of fish chasing minows through my legs while in the water. Beach staff even gave us a CD of their local Parade band (thanks Marcus!) Lunch is great watching giant ships dock sipping fab cocktails. The ships do add a level of interest while sitting on the beach. Makes you feel like you are in the action of a working water front.

Stuart Cove snorkling with the sharks is a memorable experience and a must do. Takes 12pm-6pm so ask for a packed lunch from the restaurant or grab McDonalds across the street before you leave. And you might pack a small pint of rum and pick up some cola at Stuart Cove for a little fun. They do have cold beers at Stuart Cove. Staff was wonderful and had a safe fun time. Tip...bring DRAMAMINE if you might get seasick. Though it does help bring the fish in if you don't.

Atlantis is near and only a $14 dollar ride to visit. We went for one night. To sum it up, it is Disney like and Casino all wrapped into one. Water park looks awesome. Not a Bahamian experience totally not what we wanted to experience. You could go to Las Vegas if you are looking for this.

Restaurants, by far the best night time dining experience was Compass Point, expensive but great cuisine and right on the water. Get there for sunset. Make reservation 4 days in advance to get waterside table. Poop Deck - New Providence overlooking the Marina was home Bahamian cooking and fish was out of this world great. Don't miss out on dessert while you are there.

Tip of the hat to the staff that makes the Hotel a great all-round "thumbs up" experience. Thanks!

Room Tip: Harbor-Side Executive suite
1  Thank dano0o
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Was there this last April 2012 and had a wonderful stay. Great location for walking into Downtown Nassau, right around the corner and to shop, go to restaurants and just browse around. Cruise ships dock right there so it was fun to see them leave. The beach and water was incredible and the beach bar on premises was very good. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and it was okay and the next night went off premises to eat. They had a nice selection for breakfast so that was good. They could have used a coffee bar with pastries for the quick on the go snack. It seemed they had one at one time and they closed it.

The bar in the evening was very nice and comfortable with the sofas. They had a woman singing which was enjoyable. You could sit in the lounge bar and have a drink and use your ipad. There was WIFI in that area, however, NONE in the room. I would suggest to have WIFI throughout the whole property for business and casual travelers who want to use an iPad or iPhone. They had an area for using computers which was very good. I used them daily on my stay there to communicate with my office. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. I had asked for a ocean view room and suggested to the front staff that I would wait a day to move but they were not very helpful. Instead my room with a view was the street. Disappointing but overall the room was very comfortable. I did come alone for business and felt VERY safe on property and in the bar lounge area.

I would most definitely stay there again or recommend to any traveler. You will not be disappointed just know there is NO WIFI in the room. You must go downstairs in the lobby or around the general area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
NassauHiltonManager, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and enjoyed your visit. You will be happy to know that we have now expanded our Wi-Fi coverage to all guestrooms.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your return and your subsequent review of our new wireless network.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My story's a little long-winded, so for a quick summary scroll to the end...

My significant other and I are long-distance, so he planned to fly down to my city and then we would meet up at his connecting flight to the Bahamas. His flight was delayed, and ended up missing our connecting flight, which had me incredibly distressed. We decided I would continue on ahead instead of paying the $250 flight switch fee. My S.O. gets to the gate literally 5 minutes after we've pulled out of the jetway - my flight is then delayed ten minutes on the runway... insanely frustrating. I never fly alone, nonetheless to a foreign country without cell service, so I am already fighting back tears knowing he's just yards away and unable to join me.

I had extremely high expectations for the British Colonial Hilton from Tripadvisor reviews. I figured I would check in and relax in the room or beach for a few hours until my guy's flight arrived. I get there half-expecting to be comforted with a "i'm so sorry to hear that, please enjoy your room" or "let us know if there is anything we can do", and instead a manager is pulled out and it turns out the room is booked under my guy's name only. We had used expedia to book the room with his flight, and then my flight separately... and regrettably forgot to call the hotel to add my information. Instead of hearing, "I'm sorry for this inconvenience, it's hotel policy not to let people into the rooms if they are not listed, please let me see what I can do," the Manager, Anna, begins to ask me for my guy's ID (who carries their partner's ID?), and then tells me "things happen" and "things can change," and my favorite "people can have a change of heart"!!! At this point I'm sobbing, because I'm alone without connection to anyone, and the manager Anna is telling me that my S.O. may have broken up with me, hence my name is not on the room listing.

Back to Hotel review - amenities are great, love having a private beach.. they keep good care of it, and the grounds are beautiful. Location is absolutely fantastic. We had an Executive King Suite, so the space was not too small, but if it had been the bedroom portion only, it would have been rather tight. Water pressure was horrendous - almost just dripping from the shower head. View of the pool/beach was stunning. Breakfast is convenient in the Executive Lounge, but the full breakfast buffet is amazing (I love a good hot breakfast). Never ate at the hotel restaurant, so can't comment. Went to Cafe Matisse and The Poop Deck, but our absolute favorites were Brussels Bistro (local) and Nobu (at Atlantis).

Everyone else at British Colonial was very helpful and friendly. When my S.O. and I came back down to the front desk to have him sign a bill I had to pay to get into the room (they did let me in after paying an additional fee and showing them the text message conversation my guy and I had discussing me going to the hotel), the manager, Anna, was there talking to the front desk lady, and as she noticed me she quickly walked away into the back office. Not even a, "I'm glad everything worked out!" I think she needs to be demoted - anyone in the hospitality business should be act above this level.

SUMMARY: Awesome location in downtown Nassau, convenient walking distance to everything!! Private beach is fantastic, hotel condition very good (not great), absolutely terrible water pressure, Executive Lounge good for quick breakfast & afternoon snacks/drinks, most of the staff very friendly, but I would avoid the Manager, Anna, if you have any problems.

Room Tip: definitely want a water view - city view is pretty plain (you'll see a McDonalds).
1  Thank Crystal W
NassauHiltonManager, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

We are pleased that most of your stay was to your satisfaction and offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience suffered.

We look forward to providing a perfect experience upon your return.

Thank you once again.