US$295
US$236
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$383
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$240
US$185
A Stone's Throw Away(Nassau)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$177
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
Bookit.com
Rosewood Baha Mar(Nassau)
US$595
  • Pool
All reviewsfish frylocation is excellentsmall hotelloved this hoteltiki hutjunkanoo festivalstraw marketconch salad5minhilton
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Felt itchy staying at this place. Not sure if it was bed bugs. Room was average looking. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Pluses: wide comfortable bed, spacious room, wake-up call on departure day came as promised
Minuses: Noisy (SLAM! went the door of the adjacent room; staccato roar of motorcycles 2am; yelling in halls; throaty rumble of diesel trucks 4am; buzzing, hissing air conditioner.) Air conditioner seems to have no working thermostat – it runs even when the room has become clammy-cold; chilled occupant wakes up to turn it off again. Dirty: air conditioner mounted over the door has grime encrusted on its vents, and a large black smudge on the ceiling nearby marks where it blows air against the ceiling. Desk lamp base encrusted with grime. Water spots on bathroom faucets.) Knob on closet door came off in my hand (if anyone from the hotel reads this, I put it on the closet shelf in room 16). I had to unplug something (the TV?) to plug the desk lamp in (too few outlets). Very slow warm-up of shower water to lukewarm (not hot) -- when I complained of this the first morning, the desk clerk said “Just let the water run for 5 minutes.” A hotel in an island nation surrounded by salty water should not be encouraging such waste of fresh water. The washcloth provided is more like a flimsy paper tissue than a washcloth. No lobby PC to check email; no way to print boarding pass. When a guest unlocks the door with room key, enters the room, and closes the door, the door is then unlocked. The guest must remember to turn a little knob in the middle of the doorknob (visualize home bathroom) to relock the door. The door is then locked from the INSIDE also, so to leave the next day, the guest must turn the little knob again. All very well – but what if the guest is in panic to escape a fire in the middle of the night? On the third night of my four-night stay, the desk clerk called me, waking me from sleep, to tell me my credit card was “no good.” Much affrighted (such calls are a possible scam), I threw on clothes and rushed to the desk. The clerk confirmed he did call, and then explained that the hotel credit card reader was out of order. Surely this matter could have waited until morning. I could find no good place to eat breakfast near this hotel. Each morning when I entered the lobby to go out, a hotel employee on duty asked me whether “I need the room serviced today” – with demeanor and body language clearly pointing to the desired answer “No.”

Room Tip: Ignore restaurant rating (no restaurant). To choose a good room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed at the El Greco on our way over by ferry to Eleuthera island to go to a vacation house there. We also stayed at the El Greco on our return trip to Nassau so we stayed two nights. We had our teenaged son with us and stayed in the Presidential Suite. The room was huge, had an amazing porch overlooking Junkanoo beach. The sheets were clean and the decor lovely. It was a very loud room. Even with the windows shut and the bathroom door shut we could hear garbage trucks and police cars really early in the morning which was fine since we were leaving early. We were delighted with the helpful female staff, however in the morning when we had a requested a cab be called early for us it did not happen because the front desk manager was asleep. ( This was a young man) We loved the beauty of the old world ornamental bricks and the flowers, the architecture and the furnishings. Sitting on the patio to watch the wild night life and the ships coming in and out of the harbour was fabulous. I just feel that if you are visiting a country that is less well off than your home country you should expect differences, unless you paid a huge amount of money. We did not pay a lot and got a beautiful room with an amazing view. Our friends stayed here too but had a poor experience with older rooms. We would recommend the Presidential Suite. I have poor knees and the walk up to our room was difficult dragging bags....no one helped us which surprised us somewhat ....on our return trip a young man did help us up to our room with our bags...so it must be hit or miss depending on the staff.

Room Tip: I imagine rooms on the back away from the beach are quieter and there really is no breakfast even though they say there is one.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Recently got back from a 4 night stay at El Greco. I had read all the reviews before my stay, (the good, the bad, and the downright ugly) and I have to say, my stay was better than I could have ever dreamed. This was a trip with my sister and we booked the presidential suite primarily because we wanted access to that huge patio and the great view of Junkanoo beach. Even though this suite is their most expensive room, it's still much cheaper than almost all other places in Nassau. In past visits, I've stayed at Radisson Cable Beach, and Comfort Suites on PI. This was a better hotel, with a better room, and a better view than either of those places.
The staff were WONDERFUL and treated us like family from the moment we arrived, and always asked us if we were having fun, what our plans for the day were, did we need anything, even asked if we'd managed to reach our mom and check in with her so she wouldn't worry. :)
Our room was large with 2 (very comfy) beds, a sitting room, dining area, fridge, and basic bathroom. Was the bathroom pristine? Nope. The fixtures weren't rusty, but, they'd obviously lived several years in a humid, salty, environment. We didn't care. Was the fridge pristine? Nope. It had some old, permanent, stains in it, but, otherwise did appear to have been scrubbed and it worked well. We didn't let it's appearance bother us. Was is peaceful and quiet outside? Nope. But inside, with the a/c running low we never noticed the outside noise. (For what it's worth, the evenings were quiet.)
Is there an in-room safe? Nope. But, the staff were more than happy to keep my passport and extra cash in their office safe for me.
We too experienced the lack of hot water that other reviewers mentioned, but, I know if we had complained they would have fixed the situation. The weather was just so beautifully warm everyday that we chalked our cold morning showers up to "another facet of the Nassau adventure."
We did use the pool one day, and while a lot of leaves and flower petals needed to be cleaned out, the water itself seemed to be clean. Did the debris bother us? Nope. We decided there were a lot of women in the world who'd pay big money at spas to bathe with flower petals and other assorted botanicals, and hopped right in.
I saw other reviewers seemed to find the neighborhood questionable. We didn't feel that way at all. In fact, I was up fairly early one morning (around 7 or 8 am) and took about an hour long walk up and around all the neighboring streets and found it to be very charming with lots of great photo opportunities. The streets were so peaceful you'd never know you were right in Nassau.
I guess the bottom line is this, if you're looking for a place that looks like all the other places you've stayed or is so clean & pristine that it still has the price tag on the window, then move on...El Greco isn't for you. If you're looking for a place that's small, full of character, has a beautiful staff, is located on a great beach, is perfectly located halfway between the fish fry and downtown, all at a very reasonable price, then you just might love El Greco as much as we did.

Room Tip: We stayed in the presidential suite which was on the second floor so it was fairly open, bright and sunny. I never saw any of the other rooms, so, it's possible that others comments regarding "not enough daylight" could be very accurate. Ground level rooms might also experience more noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank tropigirl
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed at El Greco for a couple of nights recently, and the place was fine if you just needed a place to sleep for the night. We stayed in one of the executive suites and the room was very big and updated. The room could stand to be a little cleaner as there was lots of black hair on the bathroom floor. I did see people cleaning the rooms, so I think that they need to be a little more thorough. The male that worked the front desk was not all that friendly, but catered to our requests. He seemed much more interested in socializing with friends than helping his guests. The woman at the front desk was incredibly helpful and super nice.

I only had two big complaints about El Greco. We had no hot water the first morning we were there. The boiler was off which meant I had to take a freezing shower before we went out on an excursion. The water was fixed after bringing the hot water situation to their attention again after we got home from the excursion 8 hours later. My only other complaint is that the male working the reception desk was letting his friends stay in the suites next to us. It wouldn't have been much of a big deal except they were loud and I was paying $150 bucks for an executive suite and there were people coming and going in and out of the other rooms like it was a cheap motel that people live in.

El Greco is beautiful property and has potential to be an amazing boutique hotel, something that Nassau is really lacking. I know that the property is for sale, but management really needs to intervene before the property and it's reputation is ruined.

Room Tip: There are two executive and one presidential suite. They are updated and huge.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple