“Very crowded beach with no bathrooms or amenities”
Review of Cabbage Beach

and up
The Ultimate Bahamian Adventure Package
Ranked #28 of 134 things to do in Nassau
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went to this beach from the cruise terminal. Avoid taking the ferry at all costs! It’s the same price as a taxi at $4 per person as a taxi. Though it is a short ride, it took us over an hour to get there because they waited to load the boat up with more people than it was safe to take. The boat was old and did not look well maintained. There is no view to speak of, and then it’s a long walk to the beach or the hotel. Take the taxi which will drop you off right there. Umbrellas were $20 and $10 for a chair. And no one cleans up. No life guard, but the sand is fine. Water was very rough.

All reviews
"jet ski rentals"
in 9 reviews
"selling stuff"
in 7 reviews
"rent chairs and umbrellas"
in 10 reviews
in 11 reviews
"water sports"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018

the beach was beautiful but is is packed. A lot of people when we went. It did feel safe but having to rent beach chairs, like everything else is expensive. We did bring our own water from the cruise ship so we did not buy any. Like everything on the island, it is pricey.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I was told Cabbage Beach was very rough, and people prefer Cable Beach....I totally disagree. I found Cabbage Beach better maintained, prettier, just an all around more desirable beach, and I’m a beach girl. Yes, it was choppy a day or two during our stay, and not a beach for someone who can’t swim, but Cable Beach was also choppy. Cable Beach seemed dirty, the sand was rougher, I didn’t like it. Out of the two, in my opinion, Cabbage Beach is the way to go

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The Bahamas was a stop on my cruise itinerary. When we exited the cruise ship, there were so many vans waiting to take us to the beach -- we very clearly asked to go to Cable Beach (there were 10 of us)) -- we wound up in Cabbage Beach. When you first walk onto the beach, the locals bombard you for chairs (which were gross), to have you use them for unlimited drinks (poured out of a Poland Spring Bottle), hair braiding, etc. It wasn't nice at all, was crowded and not what I was looking for. The water was so rough we couldn't even go in it -- and when the tide came in everything got wet. We decided to walk down the beach (away from the hotels) for about 2 miles. The beach we found was isolated and totally beautiful. The water was calm, and the scenery was breathtaking! Thus, the "Nice End" to the disappointing start. When we walked back to our original spot it had calmed down a great deal but was still so very crowded. A HUGE highlight was a walk through the Atlantis. We were able to enter through the beach entrance. We grabbed a quick bite at one of the 'fast food' type restaurants at the Atlantis and then strolled through. We walked through the shark tanks and took great pictures on the rope bridges. To conclude my review, I wouldn't go back to Cabbage Beach -- but I would go back to the isolated beach -- which was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

1  Thank Theresa C