6,935 results
All reviews market place black angus level guests tapas bar the mexican restaurant o grille level upgrade all inclusive plan level service all inclusive package adult pool lobby bar beautiful beach daiquiri shack cable beach aqua restaurant day pass
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great place for couples. Buffett, and another 6 restaurants and multiple bars inside and out. Beautiful beach with lots to do. The people are great and very accommodating. Would definitely go back and would recommend to others. Love the Bahamas, and can’t wait to get back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 78sdh
MeliaNassauBeachAI, Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear 78sdh,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased to read that you had a great vacation enjoying our warm weather and great people.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kenisha
Quality Department

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We went to the Bahamas at the end of March for a vacation. We were planning on doing a lot of excursions so we booked and all inclusive that was decently priced. I think at Melia you get what you pay for. We got a pretty good deal on our week there. The food was pretty good. You have to make reservations 1-2 days ahead of time for the restaurants and they are sometimes booked. The staff is very different in the Bahamas than other countries like Mexico or Jamaica. They tend to ignore the guests and don't really go out of their way to provide good service. This was surprising to us. Our first couple days at Melia was college spring break and the staff were extremely rude to guests including non-college spring breakers.

Our room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The hotel is outdated and they are currently working on updates. Overall if you're looking for an average place and don't want to spend a ton, then Melia is it. Don't expect great service with food or drinks.

The beach is very nice. The coconut man is entertaining that walks the beach, his coconut drinks are delicious. The pools are very chilly but they are nice as well.

Overall we had a good time. If went back to Nassau we would definitely stay at the new Baha Mar that is right next to Melia or we go directly to Exuma where it is 10x more beautiful!

Room Tip: They are all about the same, far from elevator
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katy Lyn H
PabloCogolludo, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Katy Lyn,

Thank you for choosing the Meliá Nassau Beach for last months’ vacation and for taking the time to post your impressions, both positive and constructive. It was great to hear you and your companion had a good time overall, and enjoyed your guest room, the food, the beach and our pools.

As you observed, we are currently updating certain areas including the roof and the façade, and I expect you also noticed those areas where renovations have already occurred including our beautifully transformed lobby, three new restaurants and two new bars, two totally renovated restaurants and a totally renovated bar, a new VIP lounge (The Level), 102 newly renovated guest rooms (The Level Rooms), center adult pool and wet bar, western zero-entry family pool and our new and expanded state-of-the-art fitness center. Following completion of the roof, we will begin planning some much needed updates to our guest rooms however, in the short-term, all guest rooms will be receiving new mattresses, showerheads, bathtub drainage and telephones this year (in conjunction with a totally new phone system), and we will also be upgraded the ventilation system in guestroom hallways. Additional improvements planned for 2018 include another fully-renovated restaurant, renovated public restrooms and enhanced lower lobby lighting, and our current and future improvements will be occurring in stages to minimize any potential impact to our guest’s enjoyment of our resort.

The “Meliá Hotels” brand is passionate about delivering superior dining, excellent service and unique, enjoyable experiences for all our guests, so I am always very dismayed to hear comments about poor behavior displayed by some of our staff members. My career has taken me to many countries throughout the world and, as you correctly pointed out, every culture displays their own brand of hospitality. I do, however, have to respectfully disagree with your comment “Don’t expect great service”. Every guest at the Meliá Nassau Beach deserves to be warmly welcomed and treated with the utmost care and respect, and we will not rest until each associate embraces and exudes the Meliá culture of service to others. I know this is possible because I have personally experienced the genuinely warm Bahamian hospitality so generously shared by many of our associates, and I truly want every guest to have this same wonderful experience and fall in love with the Bahamian people, just as I have. It is for this reason that I find it extremely frustrating when I hear of staff members who withhold their warmth from our valued guests, and I deeply apologize for the rude and indifferent behavior you both experienced and observed.

Katy Lyn, thank you again for your review of the Meliá Nassau Beach and please contact me at your earliest convenience at pablo.cogolludo@melia.com to discuss your visit in more detail, as I want to make sure we fully understand your experiences and have the opportunity to discuss any unstated questions or concerns.

Warm regards,

Pablo Cogolludo

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I stayed March 22nd-27th. Service was great! Bed was a little hard and food was decent. I would recommend the $1.25 jitney bus (which they dont tell you about) over the $25 taxi to downtown. Great location! I would also recommend the free boat ride to Balmoral Island to pay to swim with dolphins and sting rays! Overall for the price I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank Megan H
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just arrived this afternoon and disappointed is not that word to use.. Along with my wife and daughter we have brought my parents who have never been to the carribean previously so the last 6 months we have been so excited.

We arrived today 31st March just before 5pm. It had been 10 hour trip and my daughter had sickness and diarrhea so we wanted quick check in and get my daughter to bed..

The next 1 hour went like this.. We got told we were booked in for 18th March and didn't show. I presented them with all my documents clearly showing dates and accommodation voucher... That took a good 30 minutes to convince them, but at this pointed they are clearly making out its my fault (which we proved it was thiers) my daughters has had to use the bathroom 3 times during all of this.. At this point we have not received a welcome drink or an area to sit... I will say one of the girls on the children check in was brilliant and was great with my daughter...

I was then told I had to pay for my accommodation (which I had paid for and showed documents) again this took 10 mins of me being felt like I was trying it on and was even told I was I would have to pay and sort out when home. The supervisor during all of this was only what I can Describe as hiding in the back and made no effort to reassure us of a mistake...

I was then told I'd need to contact our travel agent but eventually told it was OK.. I'm not one to moan and you can see from previous reviews I pretty much sing praises but, our check in was poor and customer service was bad and I felt like I was a bind just trying to get my room.

Once we finally got checked in the bell man took us to our room and we then found out we had one bed for the 3 of us, my parents room was fine though.

At this point I've not had a single sorry for the issues.

I went back to reception to the same lady and explained we had one bed, I was quickly and bluntly told I was wrong and there were two beds??? Eventually I was believed (why would I lie??) and given a room with two beds... Still not had a sorry... The room though is only got towels etc for two people but given up with complaining at this point as room is nice and clean.

We went to pool and bar which is all very nice, had meal which again can't complain about as all really nice. On way out of restaurant I saw supervisor at reception so thought I'd have a chat and explain our challenges of checking in.

Again the response was not a I'm sorry our mistake the usual make customer feel welcome. I then told her I'd still not received an apology, in her eyes it had been resolved even after the hour saga. I mentioned again still not had a sorry for the troubles and she then said sorry. I tried to explain I shouldn't have to come back for a third time to get an apology this should of been dealt with straight away but again it was falling on deaf ears..

Coming from the UK, flights and hotel aren't cheap and I'm genuinely disappointed how we've been treated with and definitely a bitter taste in my mouth on day one

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The hotel location is beautiful!! Both check in and checkout went quickly. I had booked a city view room and asked about upgrading...we were upgraded to a pool/ocean view room (for a cost of course) Hmmm pretty sure all rooms face water... did I get scammed? The resort sits Directly on the beach The pools were sparkling clean. Jet skis, para sailing are close by and the hotel offers floats, kayaks, and paddle boarding for free. Rooms were fine. Stairways could use some paint. Restaurants were okay...steakhouse very over priced!! You need reservations for dinner and cannot make more than 2 at a time. One night everything was completely full. Unfortunately to make said reservations you must stand in line...no one wants to spend a vacation in-line!! How about phone, email, or an online app for that? We will definitely consider this hotel again!

Room Tip: Maybe more than one elevator location would be nice. We never waited long...but elevators are located in the middle and our room was on the far end. Of course we were only on the 4th floor so stairs were doable
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple