All reviews junkanoo beach walking distance close to downtown fish fry yogurt chairs towels rooms are clean and spacious breakfast included location is ideal really enjoyed our stay here hotel location busy road plantains west bay street front desk minute walk quick getaway
Reviewed 12 February 2019

its near everything in Nassau. Beach is just in front and walking distance to downtown.
Old building, Recently remodeled, friendly staff.
Manager is a great guy and breakfast included is good enough.
Its a good choice for Nassau

Room tip: on the other side of the street, less view and less noise
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
General Manager G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Thank you for your kind words! Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2019 via mobile

This hotel has all the basic that you need. But!!
Let see
Room-small , feel damp and not as clean as it should be
Location- not bad right by a lot of good places near down town and juckanoo beach. But if the bar across the street decide to open late and blast the music.. you will feeelllll the bass the entire time in your room.
Breakfast- they do offer free breakfast same choice every single morning. Quality is medium.
Pool - small but does the job
Bar- I think it’s only open on the weekend
All in all just ok
They do charge cleaning fee about 30+ per day
But the room was as I mentioned not as clean as it should be
Parking charge is $5 per day. Small lot if full then you have to park on the street

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Go654526,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for the candid review. I was quite concerned to see that you were not completely impressed with your stay with us especially with the size and cleanliness of our room among the others. I know these may have caused some inconvenience for you and I am sorry. I will let our team know about your comments for necessary improvements needed.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 February 2019

The hallways\stair wells were a little weird.
Check in area and breakfast area were good enough.
It was definitely a noisy area\near the street.
Good location.
Room was clean. Bathroom was small.
Did the trick for a quick overnight stay. The only issue with booking any hotel in the Bahamas, is that the taxes add up pretty quickly on the room!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2019

Thank you for your review. As you noted, we do have a great location in Nassau! Cleanliness and guest experience is our main focus as well as offering new and exciting local flavors on our breakfast buffet. We look forward to your next stay so that we can turn that average stay into an amazing experience. Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2019

Loved this cheaper accomodation. Nassau is a very slow paced city. Very cool, I expected Bob Marley to pop out anytime. Lovely people. Great tou guides available around the city to show you the sites. Well worth the visit. We did the c4uise down from NYC

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2019

Thank you for your kind review Deb! Glad that you enjoyed Nassau and our Holiday Inn Express and Suites! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Cheers.

Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

I read reviews of lots of hotels in Nassau before booking at Holiday Inn Express. I thought being near the main town would be great, but we were disappointed by the noise and busy road outside the hotel. We did walk into town several times, but didn’t feel very safe in the area. Junkanoo Beach (public) is across the street, but getting across the street can be difficult with the traffic and no crosswalk. We sat at the pool area every night, but it was so noisy it was not relaxing. The hotel itself is very nice, seems recently renovated. The suite we had was very spacious and nicely decorated. It has everything you need with refrigerator, microwave, two large TVs, two heat/ac units, great shower, sofa bed and nice toiletries. The breakfast was great, lots of options including eggs, bacon, oatmeal, yogurt, toast, muffins, etc. The service at this hotel was ok, not great. Most days our room was being serviced around 4-5pm just as we were returning from the beach or day out and all we wanted to do was shower. We had to wait for them to finish or some days we just didn’t get service. My photos show the living room and two of our view. There are a few rooms with beachfront view and balconies, which I’m sure are nice.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rachelsY501CG
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2019

Hi there, rachelsY501CG!

I came across your review, and while I'm happy about your nice words on our rooms, amenities and breakfast selection, it disappoints me to see that our service level and location left something to be desired. What you described certainly isn't what we want for our guests. I've noted your feedback and shared this with the hotel. They will make sure that actions will be taken so this does not happen again.

We would like to make it up to you, so when you visit the area again, I hope you give us another try. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!

Regards,