2,320 results
All reviews east tower blue note cigar bar soft opening conch shack fountain show fountain view cafe madeleine noodle bar poke bowl sports book open table swimming pigs beautiful resort food truck cashless resort nurse sharks
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We planned a last minute family Vaca to Bahamas the week before school started and were pleasantly surprised by the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. Generally speaking a good location - short trip to airport - new property - Food and beverage was pricey buy morning and evening options were great quality. Lunch was very hit or miss. Great water at the beach and pool options were plenty. Overall I would give a positive review but plan for the F&B to hit the pocket book. Here are the pros and cons

Pros
Great water and easily accessible from US cities. Plenty of direct flight options in and out.
Great for family - lots of things to do for kids - a nice beach calm waters with some easy snorkeling even for young kids and a cliff diving pool that provides endless hours of fun. They also have marine experience on property where they feed nurse sharks, sting rays and turtles.
Plenty of Lifeguards in pool and beach that take their jobs seriously - for parents of young kids this is a great insurance policy.
Lots of Food options between the many restaurants available
10 mins ride from airport makes it an easy in / out resort and your not bothered by air traffic at hotel
Dinner at Katsuya Japanese Restaurant was amazing. Great sushi and great bartenders.
Other restaurant highlights include 3 tides, italian restaurant and Costa at the Rosewood.

Cons
Property is huge - your room can be a long way from beach so plan accordingly and bring everything. It can also accommodate alot of guests - when we went it was about 50% full and it still felt busy - I wouldn't want to stay here when it was 90%.
Food and Beverage prices were high and I've stayed in some places like Maldives where the prices are high and I would say that this place was fairly close. A can of soda water was $6. a bucket of 5 local beers - $40. I saw quite a few guest making trips to local grocery store to buy water, snacks, etc...
Cafes by the pool underwhelmed - Because they have to serve so many people I feel that the offerings are limited and quality wasn't that great. I would avoid if I went back.
They have a kids club but it cost $55 for 4 hour session ? so if you wanted your kids to stay the whole day it would run $110. Most places that I have frequented have a kids club that is free or maybe a small charge. I find $55 for 4 hours excessive. If you have multiple kids then the fees would be the same price as a room for 1 day ???

Overall a positive trip and I would return although I would definitely seek out low season / less busy time of year.

Room tip: East Tower Rooms seemed a bit nicer than West Tower. But both sides were roomy enough. Request beach view when checkin
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank campdirector13
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Was charged fees that were not discussed at check in for services we did no receive. Manager Dominic Dorsett would only give partial credit and lost customers of Hyatt for life over $35, poor service and a bad attitude. Worst service I have ever seen. Never saw a company who would let customers leave angry over such a small amount when they spent thousands on the trip.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank S4186CBmichaelm
GHBM-Management, Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Michael,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at our resort. We are disappointed to hear that your stay did not exceed your expectations. We would like to speak with you personally about your experience. May we kindly ask for you to send your contact information and the details of your experience to bahamar.grand@hyatt.com? A member of our management team will contact you.We look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

hotel staff and grounds were exceptional. butlers dillion and Everette were the absolute best ever. they treated us like royalty.worst casino experience ever the host Patrick was terrible and could not have cared that we were there spending our money at all. off all casionos we have played at the comping from him eas almost non existant. for that reason I do not recommend staying at this hotel if your primary purpose of your trip was gambling

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
3  Thank blake k
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful! Fantastic Staff. Everyone said the food is expensive, but from where we live it wasn’t that bad. The service tax is, but so is Disney. Loved the food trucks! We hung out at the Cigar bar every eve. Played games with our teens there. Ate our Dominos (a deal) there! The waitresses were awesome and so were the Mojitos. Just awesome. We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
GHBM-Management, Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Shari,

Thank you for the 5 stars review.We are truly happy to hear you and your family had an incredible time at the resort doing games, eating and enjoying our service.We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I looked. Trust me. Nothing wrong with this place. It’s new. The property is beautiful. The pools and beach are fantastic. Maybe a few more restaurants. I usually go to Miami every year and stay at either Hotel One or Bleu and the Baha Mar Grand Hyatt will be my new summer vacation spot for the foreseeable future.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chud605

Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, we are truly happy to hear you had an incredible time here and that you found our service and all the resort exceptional. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again!