“Relaxing on Paradise island ”

Bay View Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I liked the fact that I was able to look at the room prior to booking it. The rooms come equipped with a full kitchen bathroom and living room. It felt comfortable and cozy. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 October 2017

The hotel location is great on Paradise Island and the layout of the buildings with lush foliage is very festive. While the rooms/decor is a little dated, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable (with new linens) and it's really everything you need. I consider the value you get VERY HIGH in comparison to alternative options. A full kitchen allows you to save a few bucks on food.

Perhaps the highest compliment I can pay is the customer service, especially by Carmen. I shipped an inbound package internationally and when it got delayed, I feared the worst in not getting it on time (vital for my business...the whole purpose for my trip). She made sure the local UPS delivered in the morning, versus late afternoon when their shipments usually arrive. She went above and beyond and I cannot praise her enough. In some hotels, you're just a number. In this one, you're family.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I liked the tile Floor and clean rooms. House keeping was great, however we had issue with circuit breaker and Management was great about helping. Main Issue is not enough parking for the guest who have a car rental and onsite bar should stay open longer. would be cool if they had a welcome party for new customers. Small bathrooms would be my only issue with the room

Room Tip: I like the ground floor because of the grass patio in back
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Very bad property - not in shape -we had a loud sound the whole night - couldn't get any sleep - nobody was abel to help us - there was blood on the blanket - kitchen and bathroom not well cleaned - just in the middle of nowhere - 20min walk to the beach - can't recommend to stay here

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, bear with me, I really like to focus on the positive things when we stay at hotels and not dwell on little things, because nothing is perfect right? But this time I could not get past the many unfavorable things about this hotel and just want to give people a fair warning before booking.
We knew it wasn't going to be the nicest place to stay, but we were extending a few days after staying at Atlantis and wanted somewhere cheaper and quieter. Their online website looked really fairly decent.... well it was misleading which is so frustrating. We had two rooms and paid $1,200.00 for three nights. We should have stayed put at the Atlantis. This place is old, very very grungy and very, very outdated. It wasn't wasn't clean and the staff was mostly rude. We called to get an extra blanket for my daughters fold out bed ( which smelled like urine) and they said they didn't have one extra blanket we could use! What?! What kind of hotel doesn't have one extra blanket?! They always gave us 2 bath towels a day after asking for 3 every single time. I asked for an extra beach towel and they told me that I was to use what we had in our room because they didn't have extras. Horrible toiletries, no dish soap or extra garbage bags, and the kitchen was so gross. Dirty dishes put back and it was not well stocked with utensils. The pools are small, with things floating in them, and the lounge chairs are old and weathered.
We wanted to use the laundry facilities and need 2 dollars in quarters and went to the office to get them and the lady said they had no quarters to exchange. By this time I was wondering if I was on a hidden camera prank show because I have never experienced anything like this when traveling and staying at a hotel. And we travel all over the world! From our experience, no one working there was friendly and accommodating. Except for one man that was in the office working the first day we were there.
We got a taxi to take us to get dinner because this place isn't too close to anything. (20 min walk to Atlantis) and our taxi driver did a drug deal right in front of us at a stop sign by the hotel. We had our 3 kids with us. Sketchy place on paradise island.

So to make a long story short, pay the extra money to stay at Atlantis if you can, or even a hotel affiliated with the Atlantis because you will have a great experience! Do not stay at this hotel!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
0.5 km away
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
0.7 km away
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.1 km away
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
1.4 km away
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection

Been to Bay View Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!