“Nice property, however it's dated and lacks amenities”

Bay View Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here in November of 2017. The property is nice, attractive and the cute landscaping and vegetation create a very inviting atmosphere. Since the units used to be owned and have now converted into short-term rentals, they all come with living quarters and a full kitchen as well as a patio. This makes for a comfortable stay and lots of room to spread out your stuff during your stay. The property is in need of some updating and repairs. It looks exactly did it did in the 1980s when I spent considerable time here.

Amenities are fairly sparse. There is a kitchen where you can order simple lunch fare and a small little mini-grocery store with mostly pantry-like supplies. There is vending but the food vending machine was not operational and I had to visit the office to get a refund for my $2 in vending. Also, the store and restaurant at the club house are only open from 8:00 to 4:00. In my opinion, those hours are too limited for vacationers.

I found myself walking a considerable distance to get coffee in the morning (Dunkin Donuts) and basic supplies like water at night (The Warwick.)

Other than that, the hotel is a moderate walk to Atlantis, Marina Village and the Paradise Island bridge to Nassau where you can catch a ferry to Nassau.

Bay View Suites was quiet at night. We had guests staying above us, they were a little noisy in the morning but other than that, the place was quiet and very calm and relaxing.

On our very last day, we have lunch there on the patio and the food was good and prepared and served quickly.

We did not have a lot of interaction with the staff but when we did, they were friendly and responsive. Getting towels is tough. We even brought our own towels as we were warned about this on TripAdvisor. When we asked for clean towels we were told we only could have new towels if we turned in our old towels right then and there. So apparently clean laundry is a bit of a scarcity there--in spite of a laundry room in plain sight.

I recommend this place for quiet and hassle-free getaway on Paradise Island with easy access to most of what Nassau and Paradise Island have to offer. However, if you are traveling with a larger group (there were only 2 of us) you may want to consider the nearby Comfort Suites or Atlantis or even The Warwick as they have more amenities with more convenient hours. I can't see this place lasting forever--not without serious renovations or updates. For now, it's still OK and we enjoyed our time here. However, it is unlikely that we will return due to the limited amenities and the general outdated feel of the place.

Final comment: The reason for my "very good" rating is that it's still on Paradise Island so the location is very good in one of the most beautiful places in the world. And that ought to count for something.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tourist66

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I liked the fact that I was able to look at the room prior to booking it. The rooms come equipped with a full kitchen bathroom and living room. It felt comfortable and cozy. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017

The hotel location is great on Paradise Island and the layout of the buildings with lush foliage is very festive. While the rooms/decor is a little dated, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable (with new linens) and it's really everything you need. I consider the value you get VERY HIGH in comparison to alternative options. A full kitchen allows you to save a few bucks on food.

Perhaps the highest compliment I can pay is the customer service, especially by Carmen. I shipped an inbound package internationally and when it got delayed, I feared the worst in not getting it on time (vital for my business...the whole purpose for my trip). She made sure the local UPS delivered in the morning, versus late afternoon when their shipments usually arrive. She went above and beyond and I cannot praise her enough. In some hotels, you're just a number. In this one, you're family.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I liked the tile Floor and clean rooms. House keeping was great, however we had issue with circuit breaker and Management was great about helping. Main Issue is not enough parking for the guest who have a car rental and onsite bar should stay open longer. would be cool if they had a welcome party for new customers. Small bathrooms would be my only issue with the room

Room Tip: I like the ground floor because of the grass patio in back
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Very bad property - not in shape -we had a loud sound the whole night - couldn't get any sleep - nobody was abel to help us - there was blood on the blanket - kitchen and bathroom not well cleaned - just in the middle of nowhere - 20min walk to the beach - can't recommend to stay here

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
0.5 km away
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
0.7 km away
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.1 km away
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
1.4 km away
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection

Been to Bay View Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!