We stayed here in November of 2017. The property is nice, attractive and the cute landscaping and vegetation create a very inviting atmosphere. Since the units used to be owned and have now converted into short-term rentals, they all come with living quarters and a full kitchen as well as a patio. This makes for a comfortable stay and lots of room to spread out your stuff during your stay. The property is in need of some updating and repairs. It looks exactly did it did in the 1980s when I spent considerable time here.
Amenities are fairly sparse. There is a kitchen where you can order simple lunch fare and a small little mini-grocery store with mostly pantry-like supplies. There is vending but the food vending machine was not operational and I had to visit the office to get a refund for my $2 in vending. Also, the store and restaurant at the club house are only open from 8:00 to 4:00. In my opinion, those hours are too limited for vacationers.
I found myself walking a considerable distance to get coffee in the morning (Dunkin Donuts) and basic supplies like water at night (The Warwick.)
Other than that, the hotel is a moderate walk to Atlantis, Marina Village and the Paradise Island bridge to Nassau where you can catch a ferry to Nassau.
Bay View Suites was quiet at night. We had guests staying above us, they were a little noisy in the morning but other than that, the place was quiet and very calm and relaxing.
On our very last day, we have lunch there on the patio and the food was good and prepared and served quickly.
We did not have a lot of interaction with the staff but when we did, they were friendly and responsive. Getting towels is tough. We even brought our own towels as we were warned about this on TripAdvisor. When we asked for clean towels we were told we only could have new towels if we turned in our old towels right then and there. So apparently clean laundry is a bit of a scarcity there--in spite of a laundry room in plain sight.
I recommend this place for quiet and hassle-free getaway on Paradise Island with easy access to most of what Nassau and Paradise Island have to offer. However, if you are traveling with a larger group (there were only 2 of us) you may want to consider the nearby Comfort Suites or Atlantis or even The Warwick as they have more amenities with more convenient hours. I can't see this place lasting forever--not without serious renovations or updates. For now, it's still OK and we enjoyed our time here. However, it is unlikely that we will return due to the limited amenities and the general outdated feel of the place.
Final comment: The reason for my "very good" rating is that it's still on Paradise Island so the location is very good in one of the most beautiful places in the world. And that ought to count for something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bay View Suites Paradise Island is the ultimate getaway for budget-savvy travelers who want luxurious accommodations in the tropics without the hefty price tag. Bay View Suites Paradise Island has everything you need for the vacation of a lifetime. All rooms are spacious one-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, so you can stay in paradise as long as you'd like. We happily accommodate groups and larger families. You'll have plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Within walking distance of the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort & Casino, Bay View Suites Paradise Island, Bahamas/Nassau is conveniently close to everything. Enjoy the best Paradise Island deals around when you stay with us. We're only minutes from historic downtown Nassau, so shopping, dining and sightseeing is walkable. Spend your days visiting popular attractions, beach bumming or of course relaxing in your suite. A tropical escape on Paradise Island in Nassau, the Bahamas, our property is designed with your comfort in mind. Whether you're here for the history and culture or the beaches and water sports, you'll find everything you need moments away. Resorts in Paradise Island are known for their hospitality, but we take it a step further here. Our friendly staff members are fully committed to making your stay as enjoyable as possible. We also welcome travelers on business for finance, tourism and insurance at our Paradise Island hotel. Luxurious bedding, quiet accommodations and the best service in town are our trademark. Can we do anything more to make your stay even more enjoyable? Ask one of our staff members, and we'll go above and beyond to take care of you. Book your oversized suite at Bay View Suites Paradise Island today and start packing your swimsuits! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay View Suites Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bay View Hotel Paradise Island
- Best Western Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Best Western
- Bay View Suites Paradise Island Bahamas