5,368 results
All reviews specialty restaurants sir alexander riu staff nightly entertainment a la cartes entertainment staff swim up bar steak restaurant straw market all inclusive hotel day pass ocean front negative reviews majestic tours pool side water taxi plenty of chairs
Reviewed 1 April 2018

What a wonderful resort! I loved the fact that it was an adult only resort. Everyone was so friendly (with one exception, barmaid at the outside bar was not friendly). Having everyone smile and say "hello", and ask is they can get anything for you, was the best! The place was so clean! The cleaning crew- amazing. Thank you Sandra for your wonderful services. The buffet was amazing. The food was fantastic and again, everyone so helpful and polite. The Steakhouse was not very good but, it didn't matter. The buffet made up for it. The Calypso was the best of the best. The bartenders....unbelievable! Everyone of them- top shelf people. Chevy was by far the best bartender you will find anywhere. He was funny, polite, and served everyone without missing a beat. We had a wonderful time at the bar with him. Marco was another one that was also great. I can't say enough on how well the staff treated everyone. The pools were great, as well as the outside seating, the little coffee shop inside the lobby, and the beach.....was heavenly. Also impressed with the hotel security. They stopped people from coming into the resort both from the beach and from the front of the hotel. I wish I had the security guard's name from the daytime shift. He was right on the ball! I hope that management takes care of their employees. They are truly valuable staff members. They were a big part in making our vacation a wonderful experience.
The only thing I would suggest is removing the blurb about kayaks. They didn't have it at that resort. Also, transportation from the airport would be a bonus (additional charge would be fine).
My husband, our two friends will be back. It was a truly wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank agsas76
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I was worried when I read the pre renovation reviews that this place may not have been for us.

The service from the staff and people in general in the Bahamas was the best we have received in any of the Caribbean countries we have been to. From cleaning to wait staff and staff off site during our excursions and taxi drivers.

The hotel is beautiful. Food was great. Pool and beach were great as well. You did have to wait in line at supper for specialty restaurants. We waited 20-45 mins on average. This wasn’t an issue for us as there is often a wait at home for a specialty restaurant. That said they could simplify the process by taking reservations.

The only thing we could fault was entertainment at night at the resort. Mind you you are next to Atlantis ( 1-2 min walk at most) so it may not be worth the investment as many people leave to take in the Atlantis. At Atlantis there is a comedy club and a casino. Also multiple restaurants,bars, and shops to see in the hotel and the marina village. We felt safe at night. Great water park and aquariums during the day.

Thanks to the Riu for a great visit.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cheriandblake
Reviewed 30 March 2018

First I have to say the Staff is over the top! Also since the remodel this place is elegant and modern. We went to the Atlantis, and a couple other resorts and checked them out and I have to say they just don't cut it. RIU staff blows them away.

The food is Very good. from the buffet to the restaurants they have excellent food. Don't let other review discourage you about the restaurants style of seating either, If you go on the weekend it can be tough to get a table if you do not plan ahead. During the week though it isn't hard. Other than the steak house if you show up 20 mins before the allotted time you should get seated. In fact the others we had people show up 5 mins before seating time and they got in.

The rooms are pretty nice as well. With the level of service, the included food and all drinks it is actually a very good price. If you are looking for all inclusive for adults this is the best for anything even remotely close to the price in Nassau and in fact it will be tough to beat anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean view rooms. they have a great view plus a Balcony to hang out on that the other rooms do not.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Randy O
Reviewed 29 March 2018

If you are going on vacation for the hotel room or premium alcohol, this is not the resort for you. If you are going for great food, fun staff and a hell of a beach, this place is for you!

LOCATION: The location of the hotel is a short 20 minute ride from the airport and right beside the Atlantis, so you can go over there anytime and check it out!

BEACH: The beach was so clean and perfect! The water was super warm and had a very pretty Caribbean colour! Unfortunately, the weather wasn't very good when we were there - we literally had one nice day and the rest it was super windy so we didn't get to enjoy the beach and ocean as much as we would've liked.

POOLS: They have two pools - both were very close to each other. The large pool was heated for half of our vacation (I think the heater was broken in it for the other half and, like I said earlier, the weather didn't cooperate so we didn't get to enjoy the pool life as much as we would've liked). The other pool was where the swim-up bar and infinity edge was. It was stunning and overlooked the beach and ocean; however, it was not heated, so on the one nice day of the week we were able to enjoy it, but for the rest of our vacation, we stayed clear of it! They also had a hot tub that everyone could use - it was in the spa area. This is where we spent a lot of our vacation as it kept us away from the awful wind and was super close to the Calypso bar so was a decent location.

DAY ENTERTAINMENT: It was ok - some dancing, beach games (volleyball, bocce ball) and music. It was fun nonetheless!

NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT: It was ok - I more so enjoyed dancing the night away once it was all said and done! The DJ was awesome and would play anything you requested which made it super fun. The staff would also start the dancing off which was super fun!!

BARS: They had one bar inside (Calypso) and one outside. The one outside you had to go up and down stairs to get to and they didn't have anyone serving people who were on the beach, so that was kind of a bummer. But overall, they made delicious drinks - my favorite here was their mudslide or coffee martini! Both worth trying!!

FOOD: The food was nothing short of delicious. They had a jerk chicken hut outside which was AMAZING! They served rice, cooked veggies, Jerk chicken and pork. They also had a bbq sauce or spicy jerk sauce for the meat - the spicy jerk sauce on the chicken was TO DIE FOR. By far the best chicken I have ever had! The buffet was very good - they had a wide variety of foods from Italian to Mexican to Canadian/American. If you were hungover, you could have chili cheese fries, which was awesome! LOL Their al a cartes were very good too, but the way you needed to line up to put your name on the list was kind of weird and super annoying, to be honest. They also had a little coffee area where they served little danties and delicious coffees. This was the perfect place for your morning/afternoon snack and a coffee!

EXCURSION: We didn't do any excursions because the weather was uncooperative pretty much the whole trip so that was quite annoying...

ROOM: The room was very large. There was a little mini bar and stoked mini fridge. They had 24 hour room service - the menu lacked, but you really don't complain when you're drunk at 3am! The shower was HUGE and bathroom was big enough for me and my husband to get ready at the same time so that's a bonus! We didn't upgrade our room and had a beautiful ocean view!

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: I would rate this hotel a 4.5/5. It was very much worth the value and being so close to the Atlantis was a huge perk. You could go over there to eat if you really wanted to. They also had a casino and a ton of shops to spend your money at! I would absolutely go back, no questions asked! I just hope the weather is more promising next time!!

I hope this review helps! <3

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Kari K
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Paradise Island location is awesome! Really nice beach and just one hundred meters walk to the Atlantis and Casino. Rooms were nicely appointed, clean and reasonably priced considering this is a all inclusive property. Food is pretty good and lots of it... but a very strange setup with the dining. When we were checking in they failed to explain that the “specialty” restaurants don’t take reservations. The result, they open at 6:30 and lines start forming at 5:45. Too early! They only take so many people and there was no later seating so we we're more or less forced to eat at the buffet restaurant every night, which was good but a bit disappointing. Dumb setup. Drinks were fair to average but really plentiful... you could easily be over served. Some people were really pounding it.
Cruise ship type entertainment nightly was free and mildly entertaining. The pool is large but not very scenic. Great island style BBQ served poolside daily. Spa extra, exercise area just fair. All in all... a good value and a pretty good place for the money, but with a few changes it could be much better. A very nice place for a relaxing vacation with out breaking the bank. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends