“Pretty darn nice place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Madison
“Pretty darn nice place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Went here for an employee awards event. Also, stayed a little extra.
This place is very nice. Well kept, clean. Staff wonderful.
Food excellent.
Beach awesome!
I cannot say anything bad about it, really.
The campus is HUGE, there are shuttles for free between all the towers.
Water park is really fun. Lazy river is not so lazy, but it is sure fun.
I suggest going to the Straw Market, and the marina.
The only negative, is expect to spend a lot of money. It is fairly expensive.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ClickTheGeek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Forest Hills, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is the second trip for me and my husband...it's been a long time...and boy did we forget how expensive!!

This time we traveled with our 3 year old and 19 month old! They had a fantastic time! There is a lot for them to do! Pools, Beach! Fish! Dolphins!

We stayed at the Reef...when we arrived we upgraded to a 1 br (3908). The room is huge and very convenient when little ones are taking naps. Had a view of the pool and the ocean. To save money we ordered food from foodstoretogo.com...everything arrived on time - if something was not available they substituted the item. We made breakfast, lunch and one dinner!

We ate at Carmines on our last night...there was so much food there was enough food for an addition meal!

Gave in to the kids one night and ate at Johnny Rockets...a meal at home would run you about $30...here $75...for drinks (no alcohol) kids nuggets, kids hotdogs, a chicken salad and a chicken sandwich! I almost fell over!

All of our experiences with the staff were pleasant!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank JellyB4731
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

My family and I had a great week at Atlantis the end of February. It was our 4th time to Atlantis, our 2nd to the Reef. The service and amenities are fantastic. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite on the 20th floor at check in which was impressive. We enjoyed the beach and pool by the Reef as it was never crowded and chairs are always available. The only negative we experienced was the vast amount of people on the slides and pools due the cruise ships. Atlantis has so much to offer for the price and I think some of the negative reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. We will be definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Bayp
Winnetka, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have often used TripAdvisor to get insight before a trip but never wrote a review. My husband and my trip to Atlantis changed that. If your dream vacation is visiting all the countries in Epcot instead of the actual counties than this might be your place. It feels fake.

The rooms were nice and the service was decent with lots of staff and they were all and all very nice. That said, the food is awful and very expensive. I physically felt terrible there. I am guessing the food is very cheap. I eat very healthy and I swear I detoxed after leaving this place. It took days before I started to feel better.

The best part of this trip was the proximity to CT. We could fly out of White Plains direct and in two and half hours be in not very lovely Nassua, which by the way is depressing.

We did leave the resort for a wine tour to Graycliff restaurant and it was terrible. It apparently has the third largest wine collection in the world. We were herded through what felt like someone's unfinished basement, exposed pipes and all, quickly told about the wine and herded through the rest of the grounds of the restaurant. We ended in the dining room for a lunch where we proceeded to "taste" $10 bottles of wine paired with our awful lunch. Clearly trying to be something it is not. Do not waste your money or time!

We also had a Blue Lagoon Island party in the evening. This was even sillier. Completely fake and the food was worse! I couldn't believe it was possible.

If you enjoy an exclusive resort this is not it, too big and food is expensive and poor quality. Spend a bit more and get the real deal. Or spend quite a bit less and get the equivalent. This place is so over rated.

Kids were jealous we were going on this business trip to Atlantis. My husband and I said we would check it out and take them if it was good. I wouldn't allow my kids to eat that food, I don't care how many pools they have. Great Wolf Lodge meets bad Disney meets Las Vegas! I'll search through TripAdvisor and find a better place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank KNWH
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Just came back from long weekend 3/1 thru 3/4. I didn't have time to any specials hunting, so I don't know if $1700 for 3 nights for a Reef "studio" on the 19th floor ocean side is good, bad or normal. Add meals and drinks in for $1100 and it was a $2800 weekend.....45 minutes away from our home in FTL. You can decide for yourselves, but I would rate it as $1000 too expensive relative to panache and value. It's not Sandy Lane.....and with all the tots running around, I would say its sort of like an water based Disneyworld. Arranged for Cain pool access and thought it too made an attempt at panache but ends up being a nightclub on lounge chairs. Plus, for the money, they ought to be able to warm the pool water a bit. The grounds were impressive, it was kept very clean, the staff for the most part friendly and competent. I thought Mesa was great, Bahamian Club good and Casa Dangelo fair. Mosaic for breakfast was great too, but at $71 for 2 omelettes, a bit rich. Some folks told me I visited 10 years too late. The panache to price value was more in evidence earlier on.

• Stayed March 2012
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,479 reviews
0.7 km away
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,660 reviews
8.2 km away
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
0.2 km away
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,529 reviews

Been to The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!