“Good local food.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Very good local food and seafood. The conch fritters and fish were great. Service was friendly. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

If you are looking for the best Fish Tacos I recomment Iries. It is so good and so filling. They give 3 fish tacos the size of your hand and they are absolutely delicious. My husband had a steak with mas potatoe and it was yummy. Its a must try in Freeport.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

We ate here 3 times in one week, so obviously loved the food. Steak was great, so was grouper. Service is pretty spotty, but better than China Beach.

Local singer outside helps the ambiance, so does a drink or two.

Not cheap, but worth the price from the sparkling wine to the desert and everything else we had. Best food at Grand Lucaya -- now if they would just train the servers and staff and tell them the tourists are the reason they all have jobs.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We visited this quaint restaurant/bar in Freeport while on vacation in the Bahamas. It was a very short walk from our hotel, the Grand Lucayan.

We were seated immediately, and after a somewhat long interval, ordered our meal. My wife ordered crab cakes and a Caesar salad, and I chose conch chowder and fried cracked conch. We had another fairly long wait before our food arrived, and strangely, everything came at once - except my entrée. After we had finished everything, it came.

The cracked conch was superb - probably the best that I have ever had. The same was true for mr wife's meal - delicious! We ordered dessert; she, the Creme Brûlée, and I had the banana cake with melted cinnamon crust. Both were perfectly done.

When everything had been polished off, we waited again (and waited) for the bill, which I finally had to flag a passing waitress and ask for, and she got our waitress to bring to us. It was a delightful meal that only missed a five rating because of the rather slow service.

However, this is the Caribbean, and one expects a slower pace so it was ok. The price was very reasonable, the food was terrific, and the value was very good. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up on this one.

If you are lucky enough to find yourself on Grand Bahama Island at dinner time, you will want to go to Iries. Just be sure to leave yourself enough time to savor the experience.you will need it - and, you will want it, as well.

1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 12 September 2016

The food was ok, like the food in The Bahamas. In general the food was ok everywhere I eat . The singer is what make this place different you seat, eat, drink and enjoy the song. The service was good.

1  Thank elizabete75