1,458 results
All reviewsfree shuttleport lucayabedroom condobeautiful beachlaid backlobsterrented a carthe resort offersresort staffrelaxing vacationparadise covenice resortbad reviewswater sportstorysonyaconch
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The Island Seas Resort is a pleasant place, but in need of some maintenance/restoration. The staff are very friendly. My wife and I met my son and his family at the resort over the Christmas holidays. The 2 bedroom unit was clean and of average quality. Some obvious maintenance was needed on windows, tile, plumbing, etc. The resort grounds and beach were nice, but again some maintenance needs were obvious. The restaurant was average at best. Unfortunately my son and grand daughter got sick after eating dinner at the restaurant - conch stew being the culprit.

One word of caution. The lodging tax which is assessed per person, per night is paid up front for on-line reservations. I was told that the resort would work with me to refund the tax not owed since the full number of guests were not staying the entire time of the booking. (My wife and I stayed on longer after my son had to leave.) Well, as you might guess I got the "run around" and was not refunded the tax. While this only amounted to $165 it is still frustrating that they did not follow through on what they told me.

5  Thank Glenn K
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This is the type of place that one would like perhaps appreciate if they are not used to nice accommodations as well decent service. While the immages online are accurate, they do not reflect the actual nature of our experience.

The rooms were small, the furniture was old and wear and tear was noticable. We were basically expected to do our own housekeeping. For instance, fresh towles were not placed in our rooms instead, they were put outside of our door in a large plastic bag and the sets were not complete. . When I requested a change of sheets I was told that they would bring them to me to put them on the beds. Oh and by the way, we needed to call for bedding to make up the sofa bed ourselved on the first night. In addition, there was always a need to call and request something more than once because the housekeeping shifts would change w/o forwarding our requests.

If you like privacy it would be best that you do not get an ocean side room. Since there is nothing to do at night at this resort most of the time people are mostly walking around 24/7 and there is always someone looking up at your balcony. It would probably be best to be on the canal side event though, if your room is next to the car rental place you may get that mixed up with the junk shop on the Sandford and Son t.v. show, at least it is quiet over there and private.

As for the food DON'T EAT THERE!!! if you do you, can't say that I did not warn you!!! Instead go down the beach to your right until you find the wooden stairs which leads you to a little place that serves cheap drinks, and food you can eat and the price is right.

I would not suggest that anyone go to this place unless you live in public housing a staycation would be much nicer!!!

Room Tip: Do canal side cheaper and more provate
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rhonda S
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This review is a double edged sword. The room we stayed in had horrible beds, had a dirty floor, bad plumping, a dishwasher that did not work, and two burners that did not work. Housekeeping service came when they wanted but not on a schedule. The TV's were old, remotes did not work, dvd player or games could not be played on them, and the picture and sound quality was awefyl. So, accomondations were VERY DISAPPOINTING.

However, the common area of the resort for swimming and hanging were really really nice. We spent a good portion of our time at Coconuts where there was an international WiFi hot spot. I was able to work from 4am - 8am uninterrupted watching the sunrise and my daughter was able to communicate with her friends from college from 10pm - 3am. Many families gathered around iPads and PC's to watch movies together. Families came together to play cards or watch a sports game. We spent a good amount of time meeting other guests and getting to know them at Coconuts.

SeaGrape Grill also had good food and nice evening entertainment. The service was aweful which seemed to be the norm in the Bahamas but the food was plentiful and flavorful. My favorite food was the Conch Chowder - the red sauce kind. It tasted a bit like Chili to me.

The guest services staff was outstanding. If I needed a towel, they got me one. When I need enough forks for our family and then a bottle opener, the on staff housekeeping staff was immediately called and I had service within 5 minutes.

We also had a Sales demonstration. I found the person who talked with my family offensive and demeaning. He told my daughter at breakfast that she should join Jenny Craig after he asked her if she wanted another piece of toast. He told me that I did not know how to read when I was looking in the contract for a clause that he said was in there but was not. We were seriously considering the property purchase as an investment but could not get past the offesive and unprofessional representative (Whiteney - a he).

Room Tip: We were in the buildings off the main resort accross the road. Being in the main resort area may have been better. The rooms looked better from us looking in the windows. We paid the same price and stayed in a dirty, unmaintained, pit.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tamara F
Reviewed 3 January 2013

If you are looking for a all-inclusive vacation getaway or a tropical paradise...this is not it! The majority of the food at the restaurant is not good and the service was slower than other restaurants that we visited on Grand Bahama island. Bernie's down the beach had much better local food and service. The room showed obvious wear and not all of the dishware was in the room when we arrived (making it hard to cook our own meals) and don't expect to check-in before 4 pm (we finally got a room at 5:15 pm). There was a fenced storage yard next to the resort is not very attractive to look at. However, if you just want a decent room and you don't plan to stay at the resort the whole time, it's very tolerable. We had a rental car and I would not stay at Island Seas without one. The shuttle bus stopped running to and from Port Lucaya at 6:40 pm. This was prime time to be at the Port for shopping and eating. A car is also a necessity to pick up groceries, attend the Wednesday night fish fry and to visit the more remote locations on the island other than Port Lucaya. The staff at Island Seas was generally very nice and security was very visible making the grounds feel safe. The beach area was very nice with some trash outside of the resort area. As others have noted, the Wi-Fi was only available at the bar and it was unavailable for 2 of the days that we were at the resort. Your stay at this resort will all depend on your expectations.

4  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We had a wonderful experience at Island Seas. The staff were friendly and helpful and attended to anything we needed. We loved our housekeeper Tanya and front desk Manager Timmy. Our timeshare room was very comfortable. Two bedrooms with AC and ceiling fans as well as a living area AC and ceiling fan. Beutiful view of the resort. Nice size kitchen with everything we needed. I recommend using the free shuttle service to go to Port Lucaya and the grocery store. The beach was clean, water clear and warm. The sand was healing as was the salt water. Coconuts was a great place to hang out to check emails and news. The restaurant food was great. The natives on the island are beautiful. When shopping be prepared to feel pushed into buying. The store owners or booth owners start out really high for things. SOme can be rude and pushy. We seemed to buy from those that just let us shop. We were able to see some of the effects from Hurricane Sandy near the airport. Overall the best vacation for me. Good sleep and great relaxed days.

Room Tip: Ask for second or third floor for additional safety and view.
1  Thank Laurie C