I'll start with the negative. We arrived and found out we could not check in till 4pm. However, they stored our luggage for us. We came back and the room still was not ready for several of us who came of the Discovery Ship. The manager waits until after 3pm to "check" the rooms before handing them out. When they found out we had just got married 3 days prior, we were given a beautiful condo on the beach and free dinner for our wait. The room had no towels when we got there, but we called and they actually bought up towels right away. Leave tips for the maids and your room will be clean. The ladies at the desk are rude. However the other wait staff are the best and are very helpful. Jeanio, the Concierge was the best and got us free drinks since we were newlyweds. Our room was clean and spacious. I don't know what beach some others visited, but the beach there was beautiful, clean and the waters were crystal blue. We even saw men out at 7am picking trash and seaweed up everyday. SeaGrapes was a little pricey, but the food was actually good. Be advised that most of the restaurants and bars include their 15% tip in your bill. Zoras in Porta Lucaya is an inexpensive place to eat with great food. We went to the fish fry on Wed and it was great as well as the Junkanoo Festival. Island Seas has a free shuttle to Porta Lucaya. We enjoyed sitting at Coconuts and the little Conch Shack on the beach. They do run short on beach towels. I would advise you to save your towels until you see fresh one's out then trade them. The people other than the desk clerks are warm and very friendly in most places. We were leary after reading the reviews, but decided that once you get past the check in mess and learn how to pester them for towels, it was a nice place and we will go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fully furnished one and two bedroom condominium resort with full living/dining areas and private beach is set between the shopping and dining centers of Port Lucaya Marketplace, 2 miles away, and Freeport's International Bazaar, 3 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Island Seas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Seas Hotel Freeport
- Island Seas Freeport
- Island Seas Resort Freeport, Bahamas - Grand Bahama Island