“Felt like royalty!”

Bahamas Interisland Ecotours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Our MOTTO: "Come as a stranger and leave as a friend!" We appeal to the traveler that is looking to see the "REAL" Bahamas. This is not your typical tour experience. We offer a variety of nature based heritage, eco friendly and cultural tours designed for the whole family. Our tours are educational, fun, and authentic all in one. And as a bonus we snorkel and swim in some of the Island's best kept secrets. let us make your vacation a memorable one! See you soon!
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Found Jeff on tripadvisor and so glad I did. He picked my husband and I up at the cruise port for a great overview of Freeport. He genuinely loves his home and we learned a lot about the history and culture of the area. The beaches he took us to were amazing and the caves were interesting too. We ended back at the Conchalicious food stand at the port where he showed us how to remove Conch from the shell and we ate some delicious fried conch. It was so good!! He even helped me pick out a beautiful shell to bring home as a souvenir. It is displayed in our home to remind us of our perfect day in Freeport. Thanks again Jeff!!!

1  Thank KML38654
GrandBahamaEcotours, Owner at Bahamas Interisland Ecotours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2015

Thank you traveller. Wow it is a humbling feeling to do what I do and have you say what you said. It is my pleasure to show you the authentic Grand Bahama. Please come back soon!!!

Reviewed 29 May 2015

Jeff was great but the weather wasn't!!! We couldn't go snorkeling due to Tropical Storm Anna but it worked out in our favor. We went to Bens Cave, 2 beaches, Clevelands bar and grill, tour of the island residential and business.....very educational, and even natural eco fires .....It was so informative and the kids were involved in everything!!! Great since they were the only ones in our group. We will be back to see Jeff!!! He was awesome!!!

3  Thank islanddreamer2013
GrandBahamaEcotours, Owner at Bahamas Interisland Ecotours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2015

Thanks again for the opportunity. This was "NO BIG TING". I enjoyed watching you enjoy yourself as a family. It was instant gratification. What a nice family your are see you next year!!

Reviewed 14 May 2015

I found this tour by looking on Tripadvisor and the reviews you find here are totally accurate with regard to Jeff and this tour. He is the nicest person and his love of the island is infectious. He picked us up at the cruise port in an air-conditioned minivan and proceeded to point out places of interest along the route to Lucayan National Park. Once there, he guided us to Ben's Cave and Burial Mound Cave while providing lots of information on plants, animals and history. I loved seeing the bats in the cave. He then took us over to Gold Rock beach. It was low tide and the beach is spectacular. There were very few people when we were there. The water was so blue and very warm (at least to someone used to swimming off Cape Cod). He then stopped to show our friends the area where they had honeymooned 30 years ago. Finally, we stopped at the Conchalicous food stand where he showed us how Conch are removed from their shells (fascinating) and where were delighted to try fried conch, conch fritters and conch salad. It was an amazing day. Thanks so much Jeff!

6  Thank frogsinthecreek

That was so nostalgic to hear someone who was here 30 years ago when I was just a kid come back to revisit a special place in their lives. I was so excited and honored to share in that experience with them. Thank you so much for your patience while I did that. I am sure they appreciated that also. I look forward to seeing you next year and thanks again for responding to and visiting my trip advisor page!!!

Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

This is the absolute best excursion!!! Highly recommended! Fun for all ages!! Me, my grandmother, My children ages 7, 9 & 14 and my husband all enjoyed the entire tour! We had a blast and learned about the real culture of Grand Bahama. We had way too many neat experiences in this tour to name them all but a couple were the caves, the friendly animals like the racoon and birds, and getting to visit the best beach in Grand Bahama!!!! We were not bored for one second and really appreciate Jeff's hospitality!! He is a great person, full of knowledge and it was a blessing to meet him! This is an excursion you do not want to miss!! We made some great memories!!!

1  Thank NICNACTexas

hi Traveler it was certainly a pleasure spending the day with you. That was certainly a rare occasion to see nature at work here!!!! it was so nice of you to select my other tour despite the weather. I know how much you wanted to snorkel, hopefully next year there will be no storms near by. See you next year!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 April 2015

This was our first Mother daughter trip and we could not have asked for more. Our ship was late docking and with relief our guide Jeff was still waiting for us. We all felt like friends from the beginning . In a short time you realize how much Jeff loves his life on the island but also has an interest with the different areas of the United States. It had been such a hard winter in the Northeast this year that as soon as we hit the beach , we were in the water and he didn't have a chance to tell us where to go. We were there the first part of April ,2015 and the water was warm, beautiful blue and clear like I had seen in pictures. We felt very secure with Jeff, he has a wonderful personality, and so honest that he returned the money that was for the lunch we missed. We hope to get back to Freeport again and Jeff if we do , we'll be looking for you !

1  Thank Reba H

HI Traveler!!I do remember thinking to myself "I can't wait to take them to the Park, I wonder if they will get off the boat!!!!! It arrived very late too.Thanks for trusting me with your limited time here. Come back next year and spend more time on the island with me. There are lots of flight options that can bring you straight to Grand Bahama. I hope to see you next year!!!