US$223
US$180
US$218
  • Pool
Club Peace & Plenty(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$179
Augusta Bay Bahamas(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$170
Paradise Bay Bahamas(Great Exuma)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
Regatta Point(Great Exuma)(Great Value!)
US$188
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Island Time Villas(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$124
Yacht Club(George Town)
US$140
Grand Isle Resort & Spa(Great Exuma)(Great Value!)
US$409
US$397
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe cottagesplace to stayexumaislandvacationcaribbean
Reviewed 22 June 2017

It's unfortunate that the first time my family and I visited Great Exuma it was a negative experience. Please, please do your research before booking! I made the mistake of only looking on the airbnb website for reviews and booked for a week. We stayed in the blue cottage. Had I come on Trip Advisor and seen all the terrible reviews I wouldn't have stayed at Hooper's Bay. We asked the host to have someone pick us up at the airport and no one showed up. We finally decided to get a taxi ourselves when we saw we were the last ones there. When we arrived at Hoopers Bay, we were told that there was a miscommunication. The driver that went to pick us up was expecting three adults so he said he went to the airport and left when he didn’t see three adults. A sign with our last name would have done the trick. We stayed in the blue cottage and the conditions were unbearable. First and foremost the place should not be advertised as being air-conditioned when two of the AC units were not working (one of the bedrooms and one in the living room/kitchen). When we arrived, we saw a portable AC unit attached to the window of the living room/kitchen and we were told this was put there since the main AC compressor was not working. This portable AC unit was not big enough for the space so it didn’t cool down the place. The smaller bedroom AC was also not working so they put a fan in there however all the fan did was blow hot air around the room. We ended up closing the door of that room and not using it to sleep in. My husband, my 5 year old son and I slept in the room with a DOUBLE bed (not a queen mattress as advertised). NOT FUN to say the least! The bed was terrible. The middle of the bed felt like it was caving in. Since this was our first time using airbnb we were not aware that we had to call right away to get our money back so by the time we called (morning of the 3rd day) we only managed to get some of our funds back. The amenities should not say the place is air-conditioned. There are broken tiles all over the floors, the workmanship of whoever tiled the washrooms is terrible, the bathroom door in the master bedroom doesn’t close easily, it was poorly painted, the step leading to the entrance of the cottage is being held up by a brick, the wifi didn’t work. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. We were able to get a partial refund thanks to airbnb. The owners need to invest some money to get this place fixed before they rent it to the public. Once we got our money refunded we rented another place for the remainder of our stay. I don't recommend this place to my worst enemy!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Erika A
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great time for the price! Very comfortable cottages in close proximity to the beach with very easy access! Beach was beautiful and private with no interruptions. Cottages were clean and had all the features that were promised and more! Everything was just as expected if not better. Will be visiting again!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2017

If you are looking for a nice place to say that allows you to relax and spread out this is the place. The cottages where perfect for having a group of friends. They provided I nice clean place to stay. This location is only a few steps away from a gorgeous private beach. One of the convenient things about the cottage is that there is an outside shower. Perfect for washing off the powdery sand.

The village is down the street from the villas. You can find a grocery store and bank. The locals are very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emily P
Reviewed 27 January 2017

If you are looking for a beautiful cottage located across the street from a crystal blue water beach and white powdery sand......this is the PERFECT place for you❤ Not only is it beautiful, because yes Exuma is beautiful, but the owners were very helpful and made our vacation 100x better! It is actually a very good spot to be on the island, would recommend renting a car, if not, there are taxis, and "autostop" is safe over there :) For the cottage, the kitchen had all the basic stuff like cups, plates, ustensils, pans and other things.. It was very clean, we had enough space for 4 people and it was more than enough. They have a storage room with equipment/bikes/canoes/etc. so ask the owners if you want something and they will be happy to lend you anything they have :) Ahhh is my text too long? Maybe I'm a little bit too satisfied with my stay? Thank you for your hospitality and your beautiful positive energy and environment that you offered us during our stay. We will be returning to Hoopers bay villas if we have the chance!! No doubts;)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2016

The cottage was very clean, neat, nicely decorated, and extremely close to the best beach in the world!!! The owners are super nice people that will provide anything for you to make sure your vacation is a perfect relation away from the craziness of the modern rush!!!!

Room Tip: Yellow cottage is conveniently located near the side street.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family