High standard decor and good food. We were surpised at how popular the restaurant seemed as the portions were small and prices high.We were not offered the more reasonable priced bar menu. Very disappointing. We will not return.More
- Free Parking
High standard decor and good food. We were surpised at how popular the restaurant seemed as the portions were small and prices high.We were not offered the more reasonable priced bar menu. Very disappointing. We will not return.MoreShow less
We try to cater for everyone by offering our guests a choice from both menus - the bar menu or the a la Carte menu - in either the bar or the restaurant - so you should have been offered both. It’s a shame you won’t return - the bar menu offers very reasonably priced “pub” food which is extremely good.
Four of us visited for lunch we sat in the cosy bar area. The food was very good three had fish and chips one the hake sandwich. All were well cooked and nicely presented. We shared two puddings which again were excellent. All in all a lovely visit.
Thank you Marina for such a lovely review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch. Come back soon!
The roast we had today was up there as one of the best I’ve had recently. The beef was beautiful and soft, veg selection delicious and the roasties to die for. Our only disappointment was in dessert. I had the fondant which was ooey and gooey however the orange in the dish could of been a little stronger, however the main issue was with our friends mouse, it was nicely presented but teeny tiny! Basically 3 mouthfuls, and at £7 was a little steep. The staff were ok but not very confident but got the job done non the less. The building it’s self is beautiful, and the outside space nice, I’m sure it will be lovely in the summer. All in all very good, we shall be back.
Thank you for your lovely review - we are delighted that you enjoyed your roast! The issue with the puddings I'm afraid is the rising cost of the ingredients. We use the best quality we can find - and chocolate, cream and almonds are all very expensive. We would rather our guests had three really delicious mouthfuls of something than a huge portion of something filling but not as tasty!
We had a booking for Saturday night following a large spend behind a bar with friends.
We paid £120 without breakfast for a very tiny room just above a restaurant.
After the hard week of work we were looking forward to having drinks and staying in the countryside.
What have spent possibly over £1100 between us as a group of friends and once we have gone out to walk a dog about 22:40 bar staff refused to serve us.
We couldn’t even get a juice as “they closed the bar”.
I would NOT recommend that place and I would STRONGLY advise anyone to stay away from there if you want to be treated with a respect as a customer.
We DIDN’T stay at the end and got a cab home.
I would give it ZERO stars if I could.
P.S. I believe drinks are diluted as well.
For the record:
1) You and your friends were legless. We have a legal obligation not to serve someone who is drunk. You never asked for juice which we would have happily sold you. There is always water available which you should have drunk copious amounts of.
2) You booked our extremely lovely room upstairs in the pub. You wanted to take several of your very drunk friends upstairs to continue the party with more wine. We have the well-being of our other guests to consider, one of whom had had to put up with your rowdy and inconsiderate behaviour for many hours. We refused to serve you and in a fit of pique you decided to leave.
3) You and your friends asked if a couple of you could come for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon to celebrate a birthday. You took over our lovely Snug for the best part of 10 hours, and absolutely trashed it. You are lucky we didn’t charge you for the extra cleaning costs and for the cost of replacing all the books you spilt wine over. I’m not sure why you think this is acceptable behaviour.
4) We have never diluted any of our drinks
5) We suggest that the next time you feel like staying in the countryside you take a tent and find a field. You are not welcome in our pub.
The Three Hills passed all expectations and then some. Their attention to detail was surpassed only by their professionalism and friendliness to us and especially our four year old chatterbox. Quality of food was also superb. Would definitely come back again!
Thank you Michelle. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you perhaps when you are next in the area.
Intrigued to discover how this long-awaited refurbishment is for dinner, we met friends for supper last night. All very stylishly presented, clean and light. Charming staff, warm, friendly and efficient. We were looked after byBillie, Arthur and Isabel, all delightful.
Delicious and fabulously presented food. A thoroughly good experience; we'll be back.
Thank you Julia for such a lovely review! I will pass on your comments to the team who will be very pleased.