All reviewsmiskin manorafternoon teawedding venuecakeswedding receptionhealth clublovely groundswedding breakfastfour posterlovely roomservice was excellentfrom start to finisha lovely stayfood was lovelythe cottagesbeautiful buildingprince of wales suite
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We booked the murder mystery NYE celebration and had read that it was "optional pantomime fancy dress". One of our party contacted the Miskin Manor to ask if people did indeed bother with the fancy dress and was told that yes, they did. We went all out with our costumes and arrived to find that, out of the total 150 attendees, there were 10 of us dressed up! A number of people came up to us during the night to say that they would have liked to dress up but upon contacting the venue, were told that people didn't generally dress up! A bit disappointing.

The drama was great and the actors were wonderful. It was a shame that the DJ didn't make more of the countdown to midnight - that was a bit of a damp squib.

I don't think we would attend another NYE at Miskin Manor but have to give the drama group their due - they were brilliant!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarolynJW29
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Five star service from a 4 star hotel. Great evenings entertainment. Murder Mystery drama. Exceptional accommodation, customer service and facilities. Located close to junction 34 off the M4. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Came for the NYE Cinderella Murder Mystery (Pantomime fancy dress) and must admit feel pretty disappointed by the evening really.

We were pretty much the second family to arrive and felt like complete idiots being fully dressed as a scarecrow, Dorothy and characters from Grease!! Talk about standing out like a sore thumb!!

Everybody that arrived after us were dressed as James Bond and miss money-penny I think? Perhaps we were the ones that missed the brief but wasn't this supposed to be panto themed? I had visions of Aladdin, Snow White, panto baddies and a few fellas dressed as the ugly sisters. Nope, I couldn't have been further from that.

The success of the evening was clearly the actors who'd been brought in as the entertainment. Their enthusiasm and patience with the stupid guy near to us (who was the only one laughing at his own failed jokes)
The DJ was a bit of a let down with regards to ringing in the New Year. You'd think that would be his moment to shine but no, it was really an anti-climax to be honest.

Food: ok, pretty tasteless really. Good quantity however which often isn't the case on this sort of bash.

Staff: Excellent and very friendly from beginning to end.

After our NYE party last year in Swansea Marriott this was a bit of a let down and on speaking to other guests there seemed to be a lot of confusion as to whether they should dress in fancy dress or smartly (as James Bond)

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2017

Little bit apprehensive reading some reviews about heating and hot water. Room was lovely and warm, water hot in the morning but not possible to have a bath. Very clean and well maintained. All staff extremely helpful and polite and felt we mattered to them, nothing being too much trouble. Rooms decorated for Christmas looked stunning. Sadly did not have chance to see grounds or use pool but highly recommended, relaxed experience. The three course meal was excellent and of high quality - thank you chef.

Room Tip: The Nest - very spacious with large four poster, overlooks car park but did not impede as heavy curtains act as sound and heat retainer.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johntink55
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I’m sad that I have missed out on this place for so long. Superb place in easy reach of the M4 motorway. Nice sized carpark and a beautiful well kept building . Staff very helpful. All rooms closed off making it feel very special. Log fires lit and smelling beautiful. The Christmas decorations were very classy.
We were then asked to leave the lovely sitting room to go into a different room for our high tea. Again I was blown away with the beautiful decorations and cakes! (So many beautiful cakes!!) On the table was a beautiful collection of sandwiches and helpful staff immediately helping and bringing tea and coffee to the table. Plenty of time was given to enjoy the food before the big man arrived !! Santa was superb! I only wish I could live this experience again and again. Beautiful stories told and nice gifts given. Reception staff helped me out with a special gift I wanted Santa to give my son. Nothing here was too much trouble. I want to return very soon to just sit in the bar and have a chill and a mulled wine! Sorry guys you will be seeing me again

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family