Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews main course roast beef portion sizes are balmoral chicken family meal really enjoyed our meal mixed veg xmas dinner prawns haggis excellent selection special menu main bar excellent pub lovely little hotel lasagna a number of occasions
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2020

I stayed at The Galloway Arms when I visited Dumfries for a day’s shooting this month. The hotel was very clean, the service, staff and food were excellent, proper pub grub and a real plateful if you like a good portion. The rates are as good as it gets for a hotel and If your planning to visit the area for fishing, shooting or touring I have no hesitation in recommending The Galloway Arms as a place to stay.

Date of stay: October 2020
paula brand, Owner at The Galloway Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Thank you so much for the lovely review it means so much especially during these terrible times to be appreciated in this trade.

Paula x

Reviewed 8 October 2020 via mobile

All staff were very welcoming and friendly. The food arrived promptly, hot and they were very good size portions. Really glad we found The Galloway Arms as it was also dog friendly and they made all of us feel very welcome. Thankyou for a delicious meal after a long drive on the m6.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2020

We stopped off at The Galloway Arms for some lunch, we were not disappointed, it was beautiful, it was definitely the best food we have had on our weekend away, the man serving couldn’t do enough for us, nice atmosphere even in the pandemic! Would highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2020

Just pulled in at this pub on route back to England. To start with it was dog friendly. The pub was clean, excellent service, good ale and great food. There had two and three course specials on for a set price. We had the beef dinner and I couldn’t have cooked it better myself. There is a lovely beer garden outside with social distancing tables. Excellent experience considering the times we are in.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2020

I was recently camping near by and with some restrictions still In place because of covid I could only get meals indoors on the Sunday of our trip. But the hotel was catering order/pick up food the rest of our holidays. All I can say thank you to all in receiving our orders and feeding my troops of grandkids. Very helpful and very accommodating all the meals where delicious. I highly recommend to go and have a meal there 5*

Date of stay: August 2020