8,632 results
All reviews beach bungalow our waiter sea plane our honeymoon kuredu island fish white party sunset cruise white night main reception room boy allocated restaurant beach restaurant north side main area all inclusive package a la carte restaurants
Reviewed 19 April 2010

First I would like to say, please try to learn the language of the land when visiting even if it is just Thank you and Hello. The moment my husband and I set on Kuredu resort, we felt right at home.
The person who helped us the most was Ivan..The front desk women Maysen was very helpful with our reservations and treated us with outstanding customer service. The bell boy Kahild was also very helpful.Our room, just steps from the ocean was complete with a jacuzzi tub and a view that poets right about. The dive center was great and Mark, Marcus and Andy have a lot of experience complemented with a great sense of humor.

Reviewed 16 April 2010

This was the best holiday of my life. It was mine and my husbands honeymoon. We couldnt have been made to feel more welcome. Everything about it was perfection from the seaplane, to the restaurants and snorkling. We were in a Beach Villa that was fantastic it was brilliant waking up every morning to watch the sun rise over the water which was only a few feet away from us. The bathrooms were outside which was a totally different experience having a shower whilst watching the geckos and bats is not something we will forget to soon!! The food was out of this world ever night was a different theme so we never got bored of eating!! All the staff were amazing especially our waiter, house keeper and receptionist they were all so friendly we felt like we had known them for years. The bar staff were also fantastic before you even got up they were coming to you with a refill!! It is definetly worth going all inclusive so you dont have to worry about paying out when your there. The snorkling is like being in a scene of "Finding Nemo" there were so many different types and colours. The highlight had to be swimming with turtles on the house reef and watching all the dolphins on the sunset cruise. ohh and renting our own island for a few hours just me and my husband with a picnic it was heaven. Kuredu is like heaven on earth and we cannot wait to go back.

4  Thank Christina S
Reviewed 15 April 2010

A lovely island but unfortunately Kuredu has been completely lost and eaten up by commercialism on a significant scale. It is very evident there is a definate "class system" going on with this island, dependant on what coloured wrist band you wear.

I really looked forward to having my drinks thrown at me across the bar by the very rude bar staff every night. just because I was wearing a white wrist band. If you order a cocktail or a brand drink, and have to sign for it, you suddenly become Royalty and are treated very differently.

Wear a blue wristband, you can even drink in the bars without a shirt. I made this mistake on my first day. I was not made aware of this and was very quickly told to put a shirt on. I witnessed many blue wrist band guests blatantly sitting at the bars with just a pair of swimming trunks on and not a word was said to them.

During my stay, I spoke to several guests who go to Kuredu time and time again. They seemed to have nothing but praise for the island. Well, perhaps they need to visit the smaller islands like I have to discover what true paradise really is.

The pool area was like a scene from "Benidorm" with lots of screaming children jumping in and out of the pool, annoying other guests who were there trying to relax. Interestingly enough, on the "Premier" side of the island, children were not allowed by their pool!

To add insult to injury, the manager hosts a cocktail party for returning guests. Well, Mr. Manager, please feel free to save your cocktail, I definately will not be returning to this island!

There were however some positives for me. The waiter service was good and the food was not repetitive. The room attendents kept the rooms clean and tidy but they are just given too many rooms to service. Our island Rep, (Laura) was simply superb! Nothing was ever too much trouble for her and she took the time to get to know you and have a chat whenever she saw you.

For those of you who choose Kuredu time and time again, please do not be fooled that this is a paradise island, please visit the smaller, friendlier islands and you will soon realise just what you have been missing out on!

This island has tainted my view on the Maldives but I hope it will not put me off visiting the other smaller islands that I planned to in the future.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LamiUk
Reviewed 14 April 2010

My Husband and I spent three weeks in Kuredu celebrating our honeymoon. This really is a wonderful island and the Maldives are paradise on earth, but there are a few things to bear in mind before booking this holiday.

I did have a fantastic time here but I think that this resort is more aimed at friends and families than it is for honeymooners. The island is huge, about 45 mins to walk around the outside therefore there are a lot of guests here, you can never go far without another person crossing you path, so you must bear in mind that you are not going to get the solitude that the Maldives are so renowned for as this island is just too big.

We stayed in a Garden Bungalow and despite some of the reviews on here we had no complains, the rooms are enormous, you have an outside bathroom (as you have in all rooms on the island) and I would say that these rooms are the best for seclusion, every other room is on the beach front so you have a continuous steam of people walking past. If you are the sort to spend time on your balcony these rooms will provide you with the best privacy. There is a lot of walking to be done to get to most rooms on the island. The O resort is miles from the reception, pool etc so you will find yourself getting the minibus to your rooms. We were very pleased with our room but you do get the bare essential, only one bath towel and one beach towel and a cotton sheet on the bed, whereas the next level of rooms up also get hair towels, face towels and a quilted blanket on the bed. But I cannot complain about the standard and quality of the room, very clean, comfortable bed, and aircon worked fine.

However, there are little annoyances, there is a Nespresso coffee machine in the room, but you are just given two sachets of Nescafe, four creamers and two tea bags, once you have used these they are not replaced and you have to buy them in the shop, coincidentally the shop also sells Nespresso capsules. Just a little niggle but you have paid for all inclusive the least they can do is leave you a couple of tea bags a day.

We were on honeymoon so expected to arrive on our first day to find our welcome wine and fruit,,,,, nothing! Apparently they do this the second day of your holiday in case of flight delays, but when ours did arrive it was just left on our balcony in the red hot sun so the fruit was inedible. We didn’t have so much as a flower on our bed but other guests had had the full works with happy honeymoon, this was a little disappointing. Another thing to bear in mind if you are on honeymoon the hotel are meant to give you a resort t-shirt as a welcome gift, ours arrived on the last day after other guests had complained on our behalf that we had had such poor honeymoon treatment. It seems that it depends on the quality of your room boy as to how well you are looked after.

We lucked out with our room boy and he even had the balls to walk into our room on the last day of our holiday whilst I was getting dressed to beg for a tip, threatening that he would lose his job if we did not say good things about him. Very unprofessional, but I have to say this was the only experience we had with people stating/insinuating they wanted tips.

The class system of the rooms on this island is ridiculous. You really are all separated out and branded with either a cream, blue or sparkly band. If you have a cream band you can only go to one restaurant, you will be allocated a table in the restaurant on your first night and you have to sit there for the duration of your trip for all meals, gets a little repetitive having the same conversation with your waiter 3 times a day for 3 weeks. If you have a blue band you can go anywhere on the island. The waiting staff are amazing, we had our drinks delivered to our table before we had even got there, on my birthday I was presented with a cake and we were very well looked after. The food is the best I have ever eaten on an all inclusive, it is never the same theme over two weeks so you are always guaranteed something different, seafood, pasta, vegetarian, meat, salad,,,,, they offer it all. My personal favourite was Maldivian corner a different vegetable curry every night, hot hot hot, but so good I took a recipe home with me. In the morning they offer full English breakfast, bacon, sausage, beans, toast, eggs, the lot, my husband was very happy. There are no snacks between meal times, unless you pay in Franco’s this was not a problem for us, 3 meals a day were more than sufficient. We went to the Far east restaurant which was not included on the all inclusive but you do get a discount on food here, we sat on the beach and it was wonderful to get away from the crowds and felt really romantic. The food was also amazing a real treat.

The bars are all very different, the pool bar I have seen on here referred to as benidorm and I have to agree, it was! Drunk brits stood in the shade 8 hours a day for 2 weeks, sad! However it is fabulous to sunbathe around the pool in the day and if you have good eyes you can spot dolphins on the horizon, amazing. The Akiri bar is quieter and has free internet, but this is very very slow, so this island is not for you if you need constant internet access, we bought a voucher for our room only to be told that the wifi didn’t reach that far, again not a complaint just something worth knowing. Babuna bar had the nightly entertainment which was pretty good and diverse, we particularly enjoyed the hermit crab racing. The bars serve draft San Miguel and Calrsburg and the vodka is Vladivar, all the other spirits are fairly cheap options, but they are not bad. You do not get cocktails unless you pay for a gold upgrade, this is absolute daylight robbery, do not waste your money, you are better to just buy what you want as you go along as this is $55 per person per day so you would be hard pushed to get your money’s worth. The coffee shop at the end of the pier is possibly my favourite spot on the whole island, it is not included in the all inclusive but it was a real treat to go there and sit on the edge in the evening watching the world go by, we were treated with dolphins, sharks, rays, turtles, the lot pretty much every night. We went up most nights and there was no problem with sitting on the wall not buying a drink.

The excursions on this island are FANTASTIC! There is a sunset cruise which is included in the all inclusive package which was wonderful, nearly every trip sees dolphin’s we were particularly lucky and had a pod of dolphins following our boat the whole time. We did the Robinson Crusoe Island excusrion where you are taken to an island to stay the night alone, this was exactly what happened, they drop you by boat, set up a two man tent, they return to deliver your dinner/breakfast but that is the last you see of anyone other than the passing fisher boats until the next day. It was sheer paradise, when darkness fell I have never seen stars like it in my life. I must say that this is not the most comfortable I have ever been, you really are Robinson Crusoe, you have two sun loungers and in your tent two foam camping mats, so if you do have to be prepared to rough it, but it is worth it to be able to wake up and watch the sun rise on your very own island.

We also went night fishing which was fabulous; you go out for about 2 hours and have three locals to help. A brilliant experience and our fish was served to us the following night and tasted fantastic, a real treat.

There is one thing that we experienced on this island that may put people off but it is important that you know, the wildlife is rife, fruit bats flying over head, rabbits running wild,,,,, and rats! You have to bear in mind that this is a very highly populated island so there is a lot of waste there are also a lot of deliveries by boat which seemingly deliver the rats. We had seen a few shadows and assumed there were rats and one evening we were faced with a row of rat catching cages along the path when it was dusk and surprisingly they had vanished by dawn! But we were perhaps unluckier than most on our last night we returned to our room and there was a strange noise on the roof, used to the gecko’s in and outside the room we didn’t think much of it, but then it became unavoidable, a rat was running over the top of our ceiling under the roof. I went to go out to the bathroom and the rat ran across the back of the bathroom wall and then back into the roof. Knowing that the rat could fall into the bathroom meant that we could not go out there so complained to reception to get moved, they advised that they would get housekeeping! When my husband questioned what they were going to do they ignored his question. After an hour and a half and several phone calls we were eventually moved. We did complain to the manager the following day who agreed that this was not acceptable but advised that as we were leaving there was nothing that he could do to compensate us. It was an unfortunate end to our honeymoon.

On the whole this resort is beautiful, the sea, sun, sand, food, it has got it all! But I would not say that this is somewhere to go if you do want to be treated special. It is too big for there to be any sort of personal service, there is only one English rep on the island so you are largely dropped and left to your own devices. We picked this island as it was good value for money, and you do pay for what you get, so just bear that in mind. If this is your first trip to the Maldives give it a go, I never return to the same place twice and I won’t be making any exceptions here. I would not want to put anyone off going to Kuredu but just want you to go with your eyes wide open.

8  Thank Loulou96
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Firstly i would like to say that this resort is split into 3 different types - we stayed in the Sangu Water Villas which were beautiful villas on stilts with your own private deck to watch the sun going down and perfect for swimming in the tropical indian ocean (it was like a warm bath!). You could never tire of watching the ever changing marine life below the decking and i was constantly amazed at the colourful fish, harmless reef sharks, mantarays, turtles, dolphins that we saw!
Tips for your holidays : pack only beach clothes, bikinis, sarongs, shorts and teashirts which perhaps an occasional sundress for the evenings, bare feet and flip flops the only foot ware you need.
Hairdryers in the water villas but to be honest no-one really bothers with with perfect hair or make-up (its just tooo hot!!).
Rooms were beautiful and air conditioned which you will need, towels changed twice a day if you need it. Our room guy was the best and we had our mini bar filled up with what ever we wanted (all inclusive gold). It was worth upgrading to this package but i would say to do so when you arrive.
Arrivals - make sure you have a small bag packed for the seaplane with your shorts and bikini for the 1st day you arrive as your suitcaseses do not arrive until about 9pm in the evening.
This holiday was total paradise from the minute you step of the seaplane when you are greeted to the sound of the Maldavian drums, you are then given a cold wet towel and a glass of iced tea - all a welcome relief after the 12 hrs to get there...until you leave on the seaplane with a tear in your eye and a promise to return....the Maldives are total paradise and a must for anyone!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple